Divinity of Jesus!

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
John 15:5 apart from me you can do nothing!

Philippians 4:13
I can do all things through Christwhich strengtheneth me.

Only God has this power!

the divinity of Christ and the holy trinity are “Christian doctrines” revealed by Christ to the church of the apostles; to deny them is to deny Christ and salvation!

2 Timothy 2:12
If we suffer, we shall also reign with him: if we deny him, he also will deny us:

Reactions: The Learner

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
1 Corinthians 8:6
But to us there is but one God, the Father, of whom are all things, and we in him; and one Lord Jesus Christ, by whom are all things, and we by him.

only God can do this!

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
1 Corinthians 8:6
But to us there is but one God, the Father, of whom are all things, and we in him; and one Lord Jesus Christ, by whom are all things, and we by him.

only God can do this!

So WHY do you MAKE Mary EQUAL with the Divine Jesus?

Reactions: Pearl

BARNEY BRIGHT

Oct 29, 2017
Thomaston Georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
therfaith said:
the divinity of Christ and the holy trinity are “Christian doctrines” revealed by Christ to the church of the apostles; to deny them is to deny Christ and salvation![/QUOTE\]

I still have found no Trinity Doctrine in the scriptures. Nowhere in the scriptures do they show that Jesus revealed a Trinity Doctrine to his Apostles and disciples.

theefaith said:
Only God has this power![/QUOTE\]

God has worked through many prophets before Jesus. It was God doing those works concerning those prophets, it was not the prophets doing those things. God has the power and the authority to use any part of his creation to accomplish his purposes and fulfill his promises. Just because God works through his prophets doesn't mean it's not God doing the work. Today God is working through his Only Begotten Son who is the promise seed which God is going to use to undo everything Satan has caused. That doesn't mean Jesus is God it means that Jesus is the Only Begotten Son of God and that God has subjected all authority to his Only Begotten Son, the Only person not subject to him is the one who subjected all authority to him which is Jesus Father and God. When the Only Begotten Son of God has undone everything that Satan has done then the Only Begotten Son of God will hand everything back to his Father concerning his kingdom so that the Only Begotten Son of God will be subject to his Father and God and that God will be all things to everyone.

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
therfaith said:
the divinity of Christ and the holy trinity are “Christian doctrines” revealed by Christ to the church of the apostles; to deny them is to deny Christ and salvation![/QUOTE\]

I still have found no Trinity Doctrine in the scriptures. Nowhere in the scriptures do they show that Jesus revealed a Trinity Doctrine to his Apostles and disciples.

theefaith said:
Only God has this power![/QUOTE\]

God has worked through many prophets before Jesus. It was God doing those works concerning those prophets, it was not the prophets doing those things. God has the power and the authority to use any part of his creation to accomplish his purposes and fulfill his promises. Just because God works through his prophets doesn't mean it's not God doing the work. Today God is working through his Only Begotten Son who is the promise seed which God is going to use to undo everything Satan has caused. That doesn't mean Jesus is God it means that Jesus is the Only Begotten Son of God and that God has subjected all authority to his Only Begotten Son, the Only person not subject to him is the one who subjected all authority to him which is Jesus Father and God. When the Only Begotten Son of God has undone everything that Satan has done then the Only Begotten Son of God will hand everything back to his Father concerning his kingdom so that the Only Begotten Son of God will be subject to his Father and God and that God will be all things to everyone.

Why does it need to be in scripture?

what is the source of truth or the rule of faith for the church founded by Christ on Peter and the apostles?

what is the pillar and ground of truth!

BARNEY BRIGHT

Oct 29, 2017
Thomaston Georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Why does it need to be in scripture?

what is the source of truth or the rule of faith for the church founded by Christ on Peter and the apostles?

what is the pillar and ground of truth!

Because the scriptures say to not go beyond what is written. The problem with trinitarians is they're consistently going beyond what's written.

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Because the scriptures say to not go beyond what is written. The problem with trinitarians is they're consistently going beyond what's written.

all scripture came by tradition!

And by divine tradition!

tradition means teaching!

the church of the apostles founded by Christ on Peter received all of the faith, all truths revealed by God personally taught by Christ to his apostles!

the rule of faith is the doctrine of the apostles! Acts 2:42

must hear the church Matt 18:17 the church is the pillar of truth 1 Tim 3:15 cos Christ and his apostolic church are one!
Matt 5:14
Jn 15:5
Acts 9:4
eph 5:32

truth must be revealed by Christ Jude 1:3 and taught by his apostolic church Matt 28:19

the church does not require scripture to know truth cos the church received the “deposit of faith” Jude 1:3 from Christ in person and the church of the apostles by apostolic authority and inspired human authority wrote the scriptures.

Scripture is the possession of the church!

Given her by Christ
To safeguard against all error!
To faithfully teach all nations!
Matt 28:19

BARNEY BRIGHT

Oct 29, 2017
Thomaston Georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
theefaith said:
the church of the apostles founded by Christ on Peter received all of the faith, all truths revealed by God personally taught by Christ to his apostles![/QUOTE\]

The true church isn't founded on the Apostle Peter, it's founded on Jesus. Jesus applied to himself the prophecy of Psalm 118:22 which said: "The stone that the builders rejected is the one that has become the chief cornerstone." (Matthew 21:42-44)
The Apostle Paul says at Ephesians 2:19,20: "you are fellow citizens with the saints and the domestics of God, built upon the foundation of the apostles and prophets, Jesus Christ himself being the chief corner stone. The Apostle Paul was very definite about this saying at 1 Corinthians 3:11: "For other foundation no man can lay, but that which is laid: which is Jesus Christ."
There can be no finer and surer foundation than Jesus Christ. You honestly believe Peter is a greater and surer and finer foundation than Jesus Christ?
It is Jesus Christ own perfect human life given as a ransom that makes possible this devine arrangement, not the Apostle Peter.

I know what some people (Catholics) believe about Matthew 16:18. However not all Catholics believe Peter is the foundation of the true church.
Archbishop Kenrick in his book, An Inside View of the Vatican Council(1870), shows that of at least 86 early church "fathers," only 17 believed Peter to be the foundation of the church.

Augustine usually referred to as "Saint Augustine (354-430C.E.), at one time believed that the church was founded on Peter but later in his life he restated his position on this, saying in his Retractationes : "I have since frequently explained the words of our Lord: Thou art Peter and upon this rock I will build my Church,' to the effect that they should be understood as referring to him whom Peter confessed when he said: 'Thou art the Christ, the Son of the living God,' For what was said to Peter was not 'Thou art the rock,' but 'Thou art Peter.' But the rock was Christ.

theefaith said:
the church does not require scripture to know truth cos the church received the “deposit of faith” Jude 1:3 from Christ in person and the church of the apostles by apostolic authority and inspired human authority wrote the scriptures.[/QUOTE\]

Jesus Christ is the foundation of the true Church and Jesus said that we his disciples must live by every expression coming out of God's mouth. That means we all must study God's word and apply it in our lives. The scriptures at 2 Timothy 3:16,17 are true. We must study the word of God, all of us. Those who believe the church is founded on Peter have rejected the chief cornerstone, which is Jesus Christ. You can believe that Peter is a more surer, finer foundation than Jesus Christ but you won't convince me of that.

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
theefaith said:
the church of the apostles founded by Christ on Peter received all of the faith, all truths revealed by God personally taught by Christ to his apostles![/QUOTE\]

The true church isn't founded on the Apostle Peter, it's founded on Jesus. Jesus applied to himself the prophecy of Psalm 118:22 which said: "The stone that the builders rejected is the one that has become the chief cornerstone." (Matthew 21:42-44)
The Apostle Paul says at Ephesians 2:19,20: "you are fellow citizens with the saints and the domestics of God, built upon the foundation of the apostles and prophets, Jesus Christ himself being the chief corner stone. The Apostle Paul was very definite about this saying at 1 Corinthians 3:11: "For other foundation no man can lay, but that which is laid: which is Jesus Christ."
There can be no finer and surer foundation than Jesus Christ. You honestly believe Peter is a greater and surer and finer foundation than Jesus Christ?
It is Jesus Christ own perfect human life given as a ransom that makes possible this devine arrangement, not the Apostle Peter.

I know what some people (Catholics) believe about Matthew 16:18. However not all Catholics believe Peter is the foundation of the true church.
Archbishop Kenrick in his book, An Inside View of the Vatican Council(1870), shows that of at least 86 early church "fathers," only 17 believed Peter to be the foundation of the church.

Augustine usually referred to as "Saint Augustine (354-430C.E.), at one time believed that the church was founded on Peter but later in his life he restated his position on this, saying in his Retractationes : "I have since frequently explained the words of our Lord: Thou art Peter and upon this rock I will build my Church,' to the effect that they should be understood as referring to him whom Peter confessed when he said: 'Thou art the Christ, the Son of the living God,' For what was said to Peter was not 'Thou art the rock,' but 'Thou art Peter.' But the rock was Christ.

theefaith said:
the church does not require scripture to know truth cos the church received the “deposit of faith” Jude 1:3 from Christ in person and the church of the apostles by apostolic authority and inspired human authority wrote the scriptures.[/QUOTE\]

Jesus Christ is the foundation of the true Church and Jesus said that we his disciples must live by every expression coming out of God's mouth. That means we all must study God's word and apply it in our lives. The scriptures at 2 Timothy 3:16,17 are true. We must study the word of God, all of us. Those who believe the church is founded on Peter have rejected the chief cornerstone, which is Jesus Christ. You can believe that Peter is a more surer, finer foundation than Jesus Christ but you won't convince me of that.

Eph 2:20

Pierac

Nov 15, 2021
Phoenix
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Only God has this power!

the divinity of Christ and the holy trinity are “Christian doctrines” revealed by Christ to the church of the apostles; to deny them is to deny Christ and salvation!

2 Timothy 2:12
If we suffer, we shall also reign with him: if we deny him, he also will deny us:

But there Sooo mush more to this story...

John 20:21 So Jesus said to them again, "Peace be with you; as the Father has sent Me, I also send you." 22 And when He had said this, He breathed on them and said to them,"Receive the Holy Spirit. 23 "If you forgive the sins of any, their sins have been forgiven them; if you retain the sins of any, they have been retained."

Jesus never forgave sins before He was anointed with God's Spirit. And now the Apostles have the ability to forgive sins, once again only after Jesus gave them the Holy Spirit. The Apostles are now Agents of Jesus the Christ and "have authority on earth to forgive sins". How? Because as the Father has sent Me, I also send you

Guess what... You can forgive sins too!

Infact, your commanded to do so...
Forgive those whom sin against you!!!

SO... What was your point?
Paul

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This Scripture at Ehesians 2:20 says that Jesus is the chief cornerstone or foundation cornerstone, this isn't true regarding any of the apostles, including Peter.

eph 2:20 And are built upon the foundation of the apostles and prophets, Jesus Christ himself being the chief corner stone;

The apostles are the foundation

the cornerstone is the first stone laid on the foundation

BARNEY BRIGHT

Oct 29, 2017
Thomaston Georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
eph 2:20 And are built upon the foundation of the apostles and prophets, Jesus Christ himself being the chief corner stone;

The apostles are the foundation

the cornerstone is the first stone laid on the foundation

Without the chief cornerstone the whole church would collapse. The apostles including Peter are not the chief cornerstone.

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Christ is God!

Acts 17:23 For as I passed by, and beheld your devotions, I found an altar with this inscription, To The Unknown God. Whom therefore ye ignorantly worship, him declare I unto you.

24 God that made the world and all things therein, seeing that he is Lord of heaven and earth, dwelleth not in temples made with hands;

25 Neither is worshipped with men's hands, as though he needed any thing, seeing he giveth to all life, and breath, and all things;

26 And hath made of one blood all nations of men for to dwell on all the face of the earth, and hath determined the times before appointed, and the bounds of their habitation;

27 That they should seek the Lord, if haply they might feel after him, and find him, though he be not far from every one of us:

28 For in him we live, and move, and have our being; as certain also of your own poets have said, For we are also his offspring.

29 Forasmuch then as we are the offspring of God, we ought not to think that the Godhead is like unto gold, or silver, or stone, graven by art and man's device.

30 And the times of this ignorance God winked at; but now commandeth all men every where to repent:

31 Because he hath appointed a day, in the which he will judge the world in righteousness by that man whom he hath ordained; whereof he hath given assurance unto all men, in that he hath raised him from the dead.

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This Scripture at Ehesians 2:20 says that Jesus is the chief cornerstone or foundation cornerstone, this isn't true regarding any of the apostles, including Peter.

Only Peter and His successors have jurisdictional authority from Christ!

Peter

Peter is already administering the kingdom

Already acting in the person of Christ even acting as mediator

It is Jesus Christ who identifies peter with himself!

Matt 17:24 And when they were come to Capernaum, they that received tribute money came to Peter, and said, Doth not your master pay tribute?

25 He saith, Yes. And when he was come into the houser, Jesus prevented him, saying, What thinkest thou, Simon? of whom do the kings of the earth take custom or tribute? of their own children, or of strangers?

26 Peter saith unto him, Of strangers. Jesus saith unto him, Then are the children free.

27 Notwithstanding, lest we should offend them, go thou to the sea, and cast an hook, and take up the fish that first cometh up; and when thou hast opened his mouth, thou shalt find a piece of money: that take, and give unto them for me and thee.

It is Jesus Christ who identifies peter with himself! Matt 17:27

Jesus Christ gives the keys of the kingdom to peter matt 16:18-19 making him prime minister applying Isa 22:21-22 to peter

It’s Christ who does this

Why is the name of peter even mentioned?

Why does Christ change Peter’s name, God changing a persons name like Abram to Abraham or Jacob to Israel always signifies a mission or ministry!

Why does Christ give him the keys of jurisdictional authority that the prime minister holds under the king to administer the kingdom? Isa 22:21-22

How do you govern the church and administer the kingdom with a confession?

How do you give jurisdictional authority to a confession? (Keys of the kingdom)

How do you give a confession the power to bind and loose?

also have to explain
Isa 22:21-22 jurisdictional authority of the keys and called father
Matt 28:19 go teach baptize
Jn 20:21-23 same mission power and authority as christ
Eph 2:20 church built on the apostles
Matt 23 successors of Moses have the jurisdictional authority and the power to bind and loose which Christ says must be obeyed, then taken from them matt 21:43 given to Peter and the apostles and their successors

Lk 22:29 And I appoint unto you a kingdom, as my Father hath appointed unto me;
30 That ye may eat and drink at my table in my kingdom, and sit on thrones judging the twelve tribes of Israel.
31 And the Lord said, Simon, Simon, behold, Satan hath desired to have you, that he may sift you as wheat: (plural Peter and his successors)
32 But I have prayed for thee, that thy faith fail not: and when thou art converted, strengthen thy brethren.

Applies only to Peter as “prince of the apostles”!

Peter and his successors are the Leader of the apostles and the head of the church until Christ returns!

Matt 10:2 Now the names of the twelve apostles are these; The first, Simon, who is called Peter,

30 That ye may eat and drink at my table in my kingdom, and sit on thrones judging the twelve tribes of Israel.
31 And the Lord said, Simon, Simon, behold, Satan hath desired to have you, that he may sift you as wheat: (plural Peter and his successors)
32 But I have prayed for thee, that thy faith fail not: and when thou art converted, strengthen thy brethren.

Lk 22:32 Christ prayed for Peter!

Peter is head of the church!

Isa 22:21-22 21 And I will clothe him with thy robe, and strengthen him with thy girdle, and I will commit thy government into his hand: and he shall be a father to the inhabitants of Jerusalem, and to the house of Judah.

22 And the key of the house of David will I lay upon his shoulder; so he shall open, and none shall shut; and he shall shut, and none shall open.

Matt 16:19 And I will give unto thee the keys of the kingdom of heaven: and whatsoever thou shalt bind on earth shall be bound in heaven: and whatsoever thou shalt loose on earth shall be loosed in heaven.

Matt 23:1 power and authority of the kingdom known in the keys and binding and loosing, Matt 21:43 kingdom shall be taken from you given to another who will bear fruit. (Peter the apostles in holy church Lk 22:29)

Matt 17:27 Jesus identified peter with himself.

Matt 16:17 Peter alone received revelation from the Father

Lk 22:32 Peter to strengthen his brethren (the apostles)

Jn 21:17 feed my sheep

Peter exercises his authority over the apostles and the church!

Acts 1:15
Acts 3:4
Acts 5:5 5:10
Acts 15:7

ONLY TO PETER CHRIST SAID: THOU ART PETER AND UPON THIS ROCK I WILL BUILT MY CHURCH, AND THE GATES OF HELL SHALL NOT PREVAIL AGAINST IT!Matt 16:18

Peter is the prime minister, father, and head of the church on earth until Christ returns Isa 22:21-22

Seat of peter remains Until Christ returns
Matt 28:19-20

Matthew 5:14
Ye are the light of the world. A city that is set on an hill cannot be hid.

Rom 14:10 But why dost thou judge thy brother? or why dost thou set at nought thy brother? for we shall all stand before the judgment seat of Christ.

4 important questions:

1) How do you govern the church and administer the kingdom with a confession?

2) How do you give jurisdictional authority to a confession? (Keys of the kingdom)

3) How do you give a confession the power to bind and loose?

4) why did Christ give the keys to Peter (and only to Peter) keys of jurisdictional authority. Isa 22:21-22 why even bother to mention Peter if he is not involved?

Explain Jn 20:21 Peter and the apostles and their successors have the same mission, ministry, power, and authority as Christ! “As the father sent me, so I send you”!

Matt 28:19 christ communicates his authority to peter and the apostles to teach all nations, baptize all disciples!
Jn 20:21-23 apostles even have authority to forgive sins
Matt 23 the authority and power of the successors of Moses required to be obeyed are taken from them and given to Peter and the apostles

Jn 21:17
Peter commanded to Feed my sheep:

2 Tim 3: 8 Now as Jannes and Jambres withstood Moses, so do these also resist the truth: men of corrupt minds, reprobate concerning the faith.
(Protestants, fundamentalists, etc.)

Christ and His church are one!
God cannot reveal error and the church cannot teach error!

True Christians cannot listen to the errors of excommunicated heretics like luther, calvin, etc. but we listen faithfully to Christ, in the bosom of holy mother church, the only ark of salvation!

BARNEY BRIGHT

Oct 29, 2017
Thomaston Georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Only Peter and His successors have jurisdictional authority from Christ!

Peter

Peter is already administering the kingdom

Already acting in the person of Christ even acting as mediator

It is Jesus Christ who identifies peter with himself!

Matt 17:24 And when they were come to Capernaum, they that received tribute money came to Peter, and said, Doth not your master pay tribute?

25 He saith, Yes. And when he was come into the houser, Jesus prevented him, saying, What thinkest thou, Simon? of whom do the kings of the earth take custom or tribute? of their own children, or of strangers?

26 Peter saith unto him, Of strangers. Jesus saith unto him, Then are the children free.

27 Notwithstanding, lest we should offend them, go thou to the sea, and cast an hook, and take up the fish that first cometh up; and when thou hast opened his mouth, thou shalt find a piece of money: that take, and give unto them for me and thee.

It is Jesus Christ who identifies peter with himself! Matt 17:27

Jesus Christ gives the keys of the kingdom to peter matt 16:18-19 making him prime minister applying Isa 22:21-22 to peter

It’s Christ who does this

Why is the name of peter even mentioned?

Why does Christ change Peter’s name, God changing a persons name like Abram to Abraham or Jacob to Israel always signifies a mission or ministry!

Why does Christ give him the keys of jurisdictional authority that the prime minister holds under the king to administer the kingdom? Isa 22:21-22

How do you govern the church and administer the kingdom with a confession?

How do you give jurisdictional authority to a confession? (Keys of the kingdom)

How do you give a confession the power to bind and loose?

also have to explain
Isa 22:21-22 jurisdictional authority of the keys and called father
Matt 28:19 go teach baptize
Jn 20:21-23 same mission power and authority as christ
Matt 23 successors of Moses have the jurisdictional authority and the power to bind and loose which Christ says must be obeyed, then taken from them matt 21:43 given to Peter and the apostles and their successors

Applies only to Peter as “prince of the apostles”!

Peter and his successors are the Leader of the apostles and the head of the church until Christ returns!

Matt 10:2 Now the names of the twelve apostles are these; The first, Simon, who is called Peter,

Lk 22:32 Christ prayed for Peter!

Peter is head of the church!

Isa 22:21-22 21 And I will clothe him with thy robe, and strengthen him with thy girdle, and I will commit thy government into his hand: and he shall be a father to the inhabitants of Jerusalem, and to the house of Judah.

22 And the key of the house of David will I lay upon his shoulder; so he shall open, and none shall shut; and he shall shut, and none shall open.

Matt 16:19 And I will give unto thee the keys of the kingdom of heaven: and whatsoever thou shalt bind on earth shall be bound in heaven: and whatsoever thou shalt loose on earth shall be loosed in heaven.

Matt 23:1 power and authority of the kingdom known in the keys and binding and loosing, Matt 21:43 kingdom shall be taken from you given to another who will bear fruit. (Peter the apostles in holy church Lk 22:29)

Matt 17:27 Jesus identified peter with himself.

Matt 16:17 Peter alone received revelation from the Father

Lk 22:32 Peter to strengthen his brethren (the apostles)

Jn 21:17 feed my sheep

Peter exercises his authority over the apostles and the church!

Acts 1:15
Acts 3:4
Acts 5:5 5:10
Acts 15:7

ONLY TO PETER CHRIST SAID: THOU ART PETER AND UPON THIS ROCK I WILL BUILT MY CHURCH, AND THE GATES OF HELL SHALL NOT PREVAIL AGAINST IT!Matt 16:18

Peter is the prime minister, father, and head of the church on earth until Christ returns Isa 22:21-22

Seat of peter remains Until Christ returns
Matt 28:19-20

Matthew 5:14
Ye are the light of the world. A city that is set on an hill cannot be hid.

Rom 14:10 But why dost thou judge thy brother? or why dost thou set at nought thy brother? for we shall all stand before the judgment seat of Christ.

4 important questions:

1) How do you govern the church and administer the kingdom with a confession?

2) How do you give jurisdictional authority to a confession? (Keys of the kingdom)

3) How do you give a confession the power to bind and loose?

4) why did Christ give the keys to Peter (and only to Peter) keys of jurisdictional authority. Isa 22:21-22 why even bother to mention Peter if he is not involved?

Explain Jn 20:21 Peter and the apostles and their successors have the same mission, ministry, power, and authority as Christ! “As the father sent me, so I send you”!

Matt 28:19 christ communicates his authority to peter and the apostles to teach all nations, baptize all disciples!
Jn 20:21-23 apostles even have authority to forgive sins
Matt 23 the authority and power of the successors of Moses required to be obeyed are taken from them and given to Peter and the apostles

Jn 21:17
Peter commanded to Feed my sheep:

2 Tim 3: 8 Now as Jannes and Jambres withstood Moses, so do these also resist the truth: men of corrupt minds, reprobate concerning the faith.
(Protestants, fundamentalists, etc.)

Christ and His church are one!
God cannot reveal error and the church cannot teach error!

True Christians cannot listen to the errors of excommunicated heretics like luther, calvin, etc. but we listen faithfully to Christ, in the bosom of holy mother church, the only ark of salvation!

People will choose to believe what they choose to believe, I know this. However those who believe Peter is the foundation of the church are not acknowledging the true church which has Jesus Christ as the foundation cornerstone or chief cornerstone. Those who believe Peter to be the foundation of the church reject the chief cornerstone Jesus Christ, that's their choice. I disagree with you, the scriptures don't say Peter is the foundation of the church, they tell us that the true church has Jesus Christ as the foundation cornerstone of the church.

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
People will choose to believe what they choose to believe, I know this. However those who believe Peter is the foundation of the church are not acknowledging the true church which has Jesus Christ as the foundation cornerstone or chief cornerstone. Those who believe Peter to be the foundation of the church reject the chief cornerstone Jesus Christ, that's their choice. I disagree with you, the scriptures don't say Peter is the foundation of the church, they tell us that the true church has Jesus Christ as the foundation cornerstone of the church.

then you don’t believe Jesus Christ truth himself Jn14:6 who said he alone has authority to found and build the church on Peter and the apostles

Matt 16:18-19

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jn 21:24 This is the disciple which testifieth of these things, and wrote these things: and we know that his testimony is true.

25 And there are also many other things which Jesus did, the which, if they should be written every one, I suppose that even the world itself could not contain the books that should be written. Amen.

can only apply to God!

For those who believe, no proof is necessary!
For those who do not believe or have incorrect faith, no proof will suffice!

BARNEY BRIGHT

Oct 29, 2017
Thomaston Georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
then you don’t believe Jesus Christ truth himself Jn14:6 who said he alone has authority to found and build the church on Peter and the apostles

Matt 16:18-19
I know you truly believe that, but it's you who doesn't believe Jesus. Jesus is the foundation cornerstone of the church, no other person is the foundation cornerstone of the church. You can find no surer, finer foundation cornerstone than Jesus Christ. By you or anyone else that believes Peter to be the foundation of the church you are rejecting the foundation cornerstone/Chief cornerstone which is Jesus Christ. That's your choice, you can't say you weren't warned.