Do animals have rights?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Do animals have rights?

do animals have an immortal soul?

do animals have an intellect and will?

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We were given dominion over the animals, and the earth (ground, terra). God loves all of His creatures.

Soul? Spirit? Won't get into that or I'll cry, lol.

I would very much so say YES, they have intellect as far as seeing what we do and anticipating our every move, lol...at least schnauzers do.

shortangel

Aug 23, 2020
Oregon
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
animals are created by God the book of Genesis teaches that, animals were named by Adam in the Bible & yes they do have rights nobody should be cruel to animals & not give them food or water or beat them or starve them to death, but God gave people free will to treat animals the way they want to, unfornately some people don't

Reactions: dev553344 and Nancy

Michiah-Imla

Oct 24, 2020
Northeast USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Scriptures do not speak concerning this either way. My guess is: No.

“Gavest thou the goodly wings unto the peacocks? or wings and feathers unto the ostrich? Which leaveth her eggs in the earth, and warmeth them in dust, And forgetteth that the foot may crush them, or that the wild beast may break them. …Because God hath deprived her of wisdom, neither hath he imparted to her understanding.” (Job 39:13-17)

This is true for all the animals.

But God controls them at his will:

“For thou shalt be in league with the stones of the field: and the beasts of the field shall be at peace with thee.” (Job 5:23)

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
animals are created by God the book of Genesis teaches that, animals were named by Adam in the Bible & yes they do have rights nobody should be cruel to animals & not give them food or water or beat them or starve them to death, but God gave people free will to treat animals the way they want to, unfornately some people don't

how we ought to treat them is not rights

that would be our duty to care for them

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Amen, and look at Balaam, that donkey got his licks in ;)

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Animals are created by God but not in the image and likeness (intellect and will) of God!

they have no immortal soul or the ability to think rationally (then again neither do fundamentalists) sorry couldn’t resist that one, or the ability to choose / will / or volition!

they only have appetites

example: a healthy hungry dog will ALWAYS eat if you put food in front of him, he cannot rationally think of reasons not to eat nor can he choose not to eat, but a man can, he may have knowledge that it’s poisoned, or for some just cause is on a hunger strike and can choose not to eat!

HTH!

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Do animals have rights?

I suppose if a person confines an animal, the animal would have a right to be cared for.

Yes animals have an immortal soul.

Yes animals have an intellect.

Yes animals have a will.

Last edited:
Reactions: dev553344 and Nancy

Reggie Belafonte

Mar 16, 2018
Brisbane
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Do animals have rights?

No and No and No.

People do not have rights as well ? that's been a proven fact all through history.
One has to earn ones rights under God, to be worthy of as Gods people.
The only rights that one has is to serve God, outside of that is folly.

Animals can not enter Heaven in fact, because Jesus was sent for Who ? and why ?

Reactions: JohnPaul

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No and No and No.

People do not have rights as well ? that's been a proven fact all through history.
One has to earn ones rights under God, to be worthy of as Gods people.
The only rights that one has is to serve God, outside of that is folly.

Animals can not enter Heaven in fact, because Jesus was sent for Who ? and why ?

Jesus was sent to save Peoples souls, because People sin.
Animals souls do not require saving, because they do not sin.

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Most animals have a right and a left. At least they did last time I looked.

“Babies lives matter”.

All live born lives matter. A developing thing, has two stand out elements...the seed itself and the planting of the seed.

A good seed, planted in something corrupt...
A corrupt seed, planted in something good...
A good seed, planted in something good...
A corrupt seed, planted in something corrupt...

Concerning humans...God Knows...men hope and guess.
Concerning plants......God Knows...men hope, guess, or might know.

A developing fetus is the expectation of a Human Baby Person.
A Baby is not a Human Person, until it born alive, severed from it’s developing life source.

Reactions: dev553344

JohnPaul

Soldier of Jehovah and Christ
Jun 10, 2019
New Jersey
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Do animals have rights?

No of course not, they are just animals put on this Earth to serve man is their purpose, God gave man dominion over the Earth and its creatures.

Cassandra

Sep 24, 2021
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Animals are created by God but not in the image and likeness (intellect and will) of God!

they have no immortal soul or the ability to think rationally (then again neither do fundamentalists) sorry couldn’t resist that one, or the ability to choose / will / or volition!

they only have appetites

example: a healthy hungry dog will ALWAYS eat if you put food in front of him, he cannot rationally think of reasons not to eat nor can he choose not to eat, but a man can, he may have knowledge that it’s poisoned, or for some just cause is on a hunger strike and can choose not to eat!

HTH!
Oh, yes they can!!!
Man uses animals to farm, to support, to guide, rescue . Animals can be trained to do alot of things.

Here is a video of animals rescuing other animals--amazing. They can feel.

A woman who befriends a moray eel:
Fluff Squad - Woman befriends an Eel | Facebook | By Fluff Squad | This diver kept going back to visit a grumpy eel and eventually won it over. It’s pretty clear it loves getting cuddles from her now. ‍♀️ I...

Did God send a friendly bear to protect this young boy lost in the woods?

And of of a man showing a baboon a magic trick and its response:

And one of a lion who was raised by two men , released to the wild,and reunited later:

They can think and learn and love . They are not just appetite oriented.
You must have never know the joy of owning a pet.

Heaven will be full of animals. I ask the Lord all the time for this or that animal for my heavenly house, as well as pets that i've had here. Of course, you don't have to have animals, and if all you think about them is that they have appetites, maybe, for your mansion, God will just give you a picture of a fish.

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We were given dominion over the animals, and the earth (ground, terra). God loves all of His creatures.

Soul? Spirit? Won't get into that or I'll cry, lol.

I would very much so say YES, they have intellect as far as seeing what we do and anticipating our every move, lol...at least schnauzers do.
Yes. I love animals, but they don't really love me some of them. But they are intelligent and have souls I think.

Revelation 5:13

“And every creature which is in heaven, and on the earth, and under the earth, and such as are in the sea, and all that are in them, heard I saying, Blessing, and honour, and glory, and power, be unto him that sitteth upon the throne, and unto the Lamb for ever and ever.”

1 Timothy 4:4

“For every creature of God is good, and nothing to be refused, if it be received with thanksgiving:”

Reactions: Nancy

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No of course not, they are just animals put on this Earth to serve man is their purpose, God gave man dominion over the Earth and its creatures.

Animals have seeds, bodies, and Gods Breath of Life.
Sure animals have a will....some may have the will to bite you...;)

Reactions: dev553344

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Isaiah 55:12
“For you shall go out in joy and be led forth in peace; the mountains and the hills before you shall break forth into singing, and all the trees of the field shall clap their hands.

Psalms 150:6
let everything that has breath praise the Lord!

Dropship

Jun 2, 2022
Plymouth UK
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
"God.. in whose hand is the soul of every living thing" (Job 12:10 KJV)
Jesus said-"God won't forget the death of a sparrow" (Matthew 10:29)
God said-"Every animal of the forest is MINE, and the cattle on a thousand hills.I know every bird in the mountains, and the creatures of the field are MINE, for the world is MINE, and all that is in it" (Psalms 50 10-12)
"And every creature which is in heaven, and on the earth, and under the earth, and such as are in the sea, and all that are in them, heard I saying, Blessing, and honour, and glory, and power, be unto him that sitteth upon the throne, and unto the Lamb for ever and ever." (Revelation 5:13)

aguirre-monkey.jpg