Do "bee's" ever have any biblical meaning?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Red_Letters88

Jan 5, 2008
I know this will be a strange question to everyone but me, but I would like to know if- and when bees or a swarm- were ever used for another purpose for higher meaning.The only one I can find is when Samson takes the honey from the carcus of lion- which bees had made a hive in.

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
Deu 1:44 And the Amorites, which dwelt in that mountain, came out against you, and chased you, as bees do, and destroyed you in Seir, [even] unto Hormah. --------------------------------------------------------------------------------Jdg 14:8 And after a time he returned to take her, and he turned aside to see the carcase of the lion: and, behold, [there was] a swarm of bees and honey in the carcase of the lion. --------------------------------------------------------------------------------Psa 118:12 They compassed me about like bees; they are quenched as the fire of thorns: for in the name of the LORD I will destroy them

DrBubbaLove

Jan 17, 2008
I know we should not let Mormons talk to us about honey bees in North America (pre-Columbus - Book of Mormon) because the species is not native to the Americas but was brought over by the Spanish.

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
Bee hebrew word debowrah1) a Bee comes from the root Word dabar:1) to speak, declare, converse, command, promise, warn, threaten, singa) (Qal) to speak
cool.gif
(Niphal) to speak with one another, talkc) (Piel)1) to speak2) to promised) (Pual) to be spokene) (Hithpael) to speakf) (Hiphil) to lead away, put to flight>>>>>>>>>>>>............Deuteronomy 1:44 "And the Amorites, which dwelt in that mountain, came out against you, and chased you, as bees do, and destroyed you in Seir, even unto Hormah."Moses is reminding these Israelites how the battle went when their parents went up against the Amorites and God was not with them. Have you ever seen a man running being chased by a swarm of bees? He runs wildly in every direction, out of his mind and trying to get away from those little rascals. That is how the Israelites came off that hill with those Amorites chasing after them. Deuteronomy 1:45 "And ye returned and wept before the Lord; but the Lord would not hearken to your voice, nor give ear unto you."Psalms 118:11 "They compassed me about; yea, they compassed me about: But in the name of the Lord I will destroy them."Notice that "They compassed me about" is given two times for emphasis. We don't have anything to worry about when this destruction of God's enemies takes place. We are to stand strong in these final days, standing in Him; but when the final battle does come, don't get in His way. There is a time of vengeance by our Lord coming, so expect it.Psalms 118:12 "Thy compassed me about like bees; they are quenched as the fire of thorns: For in the name of the Lord I will destroy them."A dry bramble bush of thorns explodes when fire hits it. This is saying that those of this world system are swarming all about me like bees, and at the time of Christ's return, they will be destroyed just like those bees in a bramble bush. This is how they will be destroyed when they come against Jerusalem. That fire comes down from heaven.

Red_Letters88

Jan 5, 2008
Thanks Kriss,Lately Ive been having dreams with meanings, usually a Christian pastor friend of mine (in pakistan) helps me to understand their meanings.The dream I had last night, which includes this subject, has meaning- I just know it does- dreams with meaning and purpose stand out from all the others. Thanks for your help

Red_Letters88

Jan 5, 2008
(kriss;37883)
A dry bramble bush of thorns explodes when fire hits it. This is saying that those of this world system are swarming all about me like bees, and at the time of Christ's return, they will be destroyed just like those bees in a bramble bush. This is how they will be destroyed when they come against Jerusalem. That fire comes down from heaven.
This is all too close and real connecting with a part of my dream.

lastsecman

Nov 8, 2006
Scientists say that 95% of the plants on earth are flower plants.So bees are very important. Their disappearance is a sign of some sort.

kalixx

Nov 19, 2007
ALthough not specifically biblical, the bee and beehive do appear in Christian symbology (and in many other types of symbology too). The beehaive is often taken to represent the church and the bees are the congregation busily going about their work with rampant dedication. Their product, honey, is all goodness and sweet and represents the goodness of the Word or Jesus himself. It appears in some church relief works and various textiles.