Do Catholics Talk to Dead People?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Berserk

Apr 13, 2019
Colville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
As a United Methodist pastor, I heard testimonies of deceased loved ones returning in waking visions to talk to a grieving loved one. One dear lady testified to a vivid vision of her late sister who shone brightly in the darkened bedroom and, for over an hour, tenderly reminisced and spoke words of reassurance to her living sister. In one study, 50% of Americans and 48% of Brits reported contact from a deceased loved one within a year of their passing. Have you been so sheltered in your myopic Evangelical Ghetto that you have not encountered such testimonies from other believers? If so, you just need to get out more! Read the examples (Youtube and written accounts) that I post in NDE and ADC thread and they will change your life.

Reactions: Illuminator

kcnalp

Apr 5, 2020
Indianapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
As a United Methodist pastor, I heard testimonies of deceased loved ones returning in waking visions to talk to a grieving loved one. One dear lady testified to a vivid vision of her late sister who shone brightly in the darkened bedroom and, for over an hour, tenderly reminisced and spoke words of reassurance to her living sister. In one study, 50% of Americans and 48% of Brits reported contact from a deceased loved one within a year of their passing. Have you been so sheltered in your myopic Evangelical Ghetto that you have not encountered such testimonies from other believers? If so, you just need to get out more! Read the examples (Youtube and written accounts) that I post in NDE and ADC thread and they will change your life.
If the Bible doesn't change your life visions will only deceive you!

Philip James

May 4, 2018
Brandon
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
You don't talk to Mary or others who died?

Is English not your first language?

Jesus told her, "I am the resurrection and the life; whoever believes in me, even if he dies, will live,

and everyone who lives and believes in me will never die. Do you believe this?"

Peace!

Reggie Belafonte

Mar 16, 2018
Brisbane
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Do Catholics Talk to Dead People?
No !
If a RC does, they are out of line with the RCC doctrines.

Only Satanist claim to talk to the dead, I think it's because they are dead themselves much like a Vampire one could say, a living dead ( Anti-Christ ) that has to devour the life blood ( the Holy Spirit ) from their victims. one could say.

Jesus Christ says he is the God of the living, in that he is of the Holy Spirit that gives true life in abundance, so ones Soul is united with God. before one is truly born again, ones Soul is not connected to God. so one is only carnal before hand.

When one talks in regards to Purgatory, I think one who is praying for the Saints in Heaven in regards to their loved ones who have passed on, is that they are only vouching for their Souls, as to their love of them. as one has not forgotten them one could say nor abandoned their love for them.

I had an atheist mate and he said just to forget about him when he is dead, now that is hard to do I was thinking, how can one abandon such a one ? well it must be easy for him to say, because that's what he did to people at the drop of a hat, with his only brother and then his wife, not to mention it was he who created the problems and it was all his own fault, sadly he was truly possessed by his own ego. his ego was hurt and he could not rise above that and say I am sorry. they are hard words for ones ego indeed to say.

Atheist people can make their own ego their own god. it's all about Don't offend me ! now where have I heard that Don't offend us mantra before, oh it was Obama. may I ask why ? is your old mate malice that's back on the cards again ! :rolleyes:

I remember Jesus Christ said that he would never abandon us, he said that he will be with us always. he is within our reach, one does not have to only wait for the 2ed coming, as one can seek him now. as it's been so for 2000 years.
The second coming comes after the great Satan comes and most of the world will follow such mans works to there total demise. the one world Government NWO is Communism = a Godless mans works madness that will fail badly, for such people have no Soul.

historyb

Mar 10, 2011
in a house
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
All of the Apostles died. Are you saying they aren't God's people?

Dead people are not God's people. You say you believe the Bible but you don't really nor fo those that believe as you. God it says in Sacred Scripture is the God of the living not the dead, all those in Him never ever die, indeed they are more alive than we are.

Reactions: Philip James

kcnalp

Apr 5, 2020
Indianapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Dead people are not God's people. You say you believe the Bible but you don't really nor fo those that believe as you. God it says in Sacred Scripture is the God of the living not the dead, all those in Him never ever die, indeed they are more alive than we are.
If you don't believe the Jesus DIED for you then you're LOST.

Romans 14:9 (NKJV)
9 For to this end Christ died and rose and lived again, that He might be Lord of both the dead and the living.

Philip James

May 4, 2018
Brandon
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
If you don't believe the Jesus DIED for you then you're LOST.

Romans 14:9 (NKJV)
9 For to this end Christ died and rose and lived again, that He might be Lord of both the dead and the living.

And we have died with Him! And if we abide in Him, we will live forevermore!

Peace be with you!

Status
Not open for further replies.