Do evolutionists have a god?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

StanJ

Lifelong student of God's Word.
May 13, 2014
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
I was listening to a show tonight called "Forever Young", and was amazed to see how some scientists refer to evolution as a god of creation. They use phrases like; "evolution has created for us", or "evolution has given us", etc... They probably are not even aware they have given evolution a god persona, but it is indeed obvious that they frame it as such, and if effect DO substitute it for their own god.

Here is a link that shows some sites that use the first statement;
https://www.google.ca/?gws_rd=ssl#newwindow=1&q=%22evolution+has+created+for+us%22

and one for the second statement;
https://www.google.ca/?gws_rd=ssl#newwindow=1&q=%22how+evolution+has+given+us%22

and yet most people or scientist I talk to say they don't use evolution as their god. Funny how I hear many say this.

What do you think?

Born_Again

Nov 5, 2014
US
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
They couldn't reasonably claim evolution gave them anything. What gave them something is whatever created or "Caused" evolution. Wouldn't that be more fitting of a description of a god?

StanJ

May 13, 2014
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Born_Again said:
They couldn't reasonably claim evolution gave them anything. What gave them something is whatever created or "Caused" evolution. Wouldn't that be more fitting of a description of a god?
I agree, but as they do, it is obvious evolution is their god replacement for probably the same reasons atheists claim He doesn't exist.

B

brakelite

The moment anyone places their own opinion above the word of God, they are setting themselves up as god.

StanJ

May 13, 2014
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
brakelite said:
The moment anyone places their own opinion above the word of God, they are setting themselves up as god.
I guess, except God doesn't have OPINIONS, He has truth and fact. We are the one that see DARKLY, as if in a mirror.

River Jordan

Jan 30, 2014
It's no different than geologists saying "a glacier created this valley" or "the volcano gave us the mountain". It's just a way of referring to a process that generates an outcome.

shnarkle

Nov 10, 2013
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
StanJ said:
I was listening to a show tonight called "Forever Young", and was amazed to see how some scientists refer to evolution as a god of creation. They use phrases like; "evolution has created for us", or "evolution has given us", etc... They probably are not even aware they have given evolution a god persona, but it is indeed obvious that they frame it as such, and if effect DO substitute it for their own god.

Here is a link that shows some sites that use the first statement;
https://www.google.ca/?gws_rd=ssl#newwindow=1&q="evolution+has+created+for+us"

and one for the second statement;
https://www.google.ca/?gws_rd=ssl#newwindow=1&q="how+evolution+has+given+us"

and yet most people or scientist I talk to say they don't use evolution as their god. Funny how I hear many say this.

What do you think?
These are great examples of what you are talking about, but it isn't just Evolution. I'm discovering that Evolution is just one of a pantheon of gods. If Evolution is creating the world for them, then Science itself is the transcendent Father. Scientists, with respect for Evolution; will talk of how Evolution is a fact, but that it can change as our knowledge grows. This is no different than the idea that God reveals Himself to us, but he doesn't give us an exhaustive knowledge of him because he is transcendent. So Evolution is equivalent to the Son/creator God. Science is just simply the newest mystery cult complete with a priesthood, doctrines, infallible proclamations, Inquisitions calling for the execution of climate deniers; the parallels are astounding and seemingly endless.