Do unitarians go to hell?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Lucian Hodoboc

Jul 17, 2017
Craiova
Faith
Christian
Country
Romania
Do unitarian Christians who worship only The Father and consider Jesus to be the Messiah, inspired by God, but not part of a Trinity, go to hell? Can you pray only to The Father and still have a chance to be saved?

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Where does it say in scripture that belief in the Trinity of God is essential to salvation? If a person has the Love [Charity] of God within Him what lack of knowledge or understanding will negate that?

"And though I have the gift of prophecy, and understand all mysteries, and all knowledge; and though I have all faith, so that I could remove mountains, and have not charity, I am nothing." I Cor 13:2

Reactions: KBCid and Helen

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
GINOLJC, doctrine is important to the Lord Jesus. Revelation 2:14 "But I have a few things against thee, because thou hast there them that hold the doctrine of Balaam, who taught Balac to cast a stumblingblock before the children of Israel, to eat things sacrificed unto idols, and to commit fornication".

Revelation 2:15 "So hast thou also them that hold the doctrine of the Nicolaitans, which thing I hate".

Revelation 2:24 "But unto you I say, and unto the rest in Thyatira, as many as have not this doctrine, and which have not known the depths of Satan, as they speak; I will put upon you none other burden". and that was the Jezebel doctrine teaching the wrong thing, which calleth herself a prophetess, to teach and to seduce my servants to commit fornication".

so why worship 3 Gods, or three person, or one God faslely. doctrine is important, as to get it right.

2 John 1:9 "Whosoever transgresseth, and abideth not in the doctrine of Christ, hath not God. He that abideth in the doctrine of Christ, he hath both the Father and the Son".

lforrest

Staff member
Admin
Aug 10, 2012
Faith
Christian
GINOLJC, doctrine is important to the Lord Jesus. Revelation 2:14 "But I have a few things against thee, because thou hast there them that hold the doctrine of Balaam, who taught Balac to cast a stumblingblock before the children of Israel, to eat things sacrificed unto idols, and to commit fornication".

Revelation 2:15 "So hast thou also them that hold the doctrine of the Nicolaitans, which thing I hate".

Revelation 2:24 "But unto you I say, and unto the rest in Thyatira, as many as have not this doctrine, and which have not known the depths of Satan, as they speak; I will put upon you none other burden". and that was the Jezebel doctrine teaching the wrong thing, which calleth herself a prophetess, to teach and to seduce my servants to commit fornication".

so why worship 3 Gods, or three person, or one God faslely. doctrine is important, as to get it right.

2 John 1:9 "Whosoever transgresseth, and abideth not in the doctrine of Christ, hath not God. He that abideth in the doctrine of Christ, he hath both the Father and the Son".
One could be a unitarian and not share in all their heretical doctrines.

Reactions: Helen

Job

Feb 5, 2014
somewhere
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Can you pray only to The Father and still have a chance to be saved?

Matthew 6
6 But you, when you pray, go into your room, and when you have shut your door, pray to your Father who is in the secret place; and your Father who sees in secret will reward you openly.
7 And when you pray, do not use vain repetitions as the heathen do. For they think that they will be heard for their many words.
8 “Therefore do not be like them. For your Father knows the things you have need of before you ask Him.

o

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Haha! You must be kidding surely! God is a heart person...the intent of the heart is what He will way in the balances ....He alone sees the heart .
Many may have messed up doctrine...but a genuine heart seeking after God.

We shall see when God settles all issues.
A man with pride in his perfect doctrine, could find his compassion , diligence in seeking God Himself , for who He is.....wanting , when the scales find his "heart- balance".

"the doctrine of Balaam" wasn't anything to do with the trinity!
I find nowhere where is says that "unitarian's go to hell."

I agree with @amadeus ...the Word says nothing about anyone having to believe in the trinity for salvation!!!

Through faith in Jesus Christ alone...

Last edited:
Reactions: bbyrd009

Sword

Nov 13, 2016
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Where does it say in scripture that belief in the Trinity of God is essential to salvation? If a person has the Love [Charity] of God within Him what lack of knowledge or understanding will negate that?

"And though I have the gift of prophecy, and understand all mysteries, and all knowledge; and though I have all faith, so that I could remove mountains, and have not charity, I am nothing." I Cor 13:2
There is only one way to the Father through Me Jesus said. So how could you get to the Father with out Him?

Reactions: Armadillo

Armadillo

Aug 11, 2017
Ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Do unitarian Christians who worship only The Father and consider Jesus to be the Messiah, inspired by God, but not part of a Trinity, go to hell? Can you pray only to The Father and still have a chance to be saved?

I don't believe there is a hell unless it's one of your own making.

We need the Son as a means of accessing the Father because without the Son, it's impossible to know God as Father. Unitarians can only see God as God and Unitarians calling God father, is just a title. Jesus is God. How are Unitarians different from Muslims and Jews?

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Trinity is based on scripture, and there are many, too many to list here in this one post.

Matthew 28:19
But, does a person have to believe everything that could be or is based on scripture according to some person in order to be saved?

"He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved; but he that believeth not shall be damned." Mark 16:16

What is it that we have to believe in order to be saved? Does being saved mean never dying?

"And whosoever liveth and believeth in me shall never die. Believest thou this?" John 11:26

So what does it mean to live in Jesus and to believe in Jesus?

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I know of no other way. Why would you ask?

Not long ago there was a long thread about the Trinity.
I don't remember one post where people either didn't believe in God, Jesus and the Holy Spirit. :) ( but different opinions about the doctrine of the trinity)
Looks like this thread is going to end up as a 'look alike' thread.:D

Like you mentioned in your previous post...the question in the OP was will a unitarian go to hell....now this thread has morphed into " who believes in the triniy and who doesn't.
As you say...believing or not believing in the doctrine of the trinity has nothing to do with salvation. To me that like saying " If a person is not baptised in water will they go to hell. "

It is the Sacrifice and The blood...that is of most importance when we talk about salvation.

Last edited:

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Not long ago there was a long thread about the Trinity.
I don't remember one post where people either didn't believe in God, Jesus and the Holy Spirit. :)
Looks like this thread is going to end up as a 'look alike' thread. :D
I guess I wasn't here then. I've been in them before, but if it isn't going to edify someone in the things of God, would it be a good thing?

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I guess I wasn't here then. I've been in them before, but if it isn't going to edify someone in the things of God, would it be a good thing?

I had edited and added more to the above Quoted post. While you were responding to mine! :)

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Nah...

They avoid Southern Baptist Churches like the plague.

Sword

Nov 13, 2016
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I know of no other way. Why would you ask?
I never asked
But, does a person have to believe everything that could be or is based on scripture according to some person in order to be saved?
No most dont believe we have a commision. most dont even pray for the needy, most dont even help the needy most want to atgue all day. most want to teach and have no fear in doing so.