Do we believe God's promises?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Do we believe God's promises? Do we even know what he promises? In the current climate I think it is important that we remind ourselves of how much he loves us and his promises to shelter us and provide for those that love him.

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Do we believe God's promises? Do we even know what he promises? In the current climate I think it is important that we remind ourselves of how much he loves us and his promises to shelter us and provide for those that love him.

Amen Pat...His promises should be playing a huge part in our thanksgiving, yes? His promises are solid and even if He does not deliver, we shall still trust Him! He has not let me down yet. I would just like to have strong faith to rise above all that is happening in the world right now and to pray fervently for so many lost souls out there.
I wonder if @amadeus would call this pandemic "the Left Hand of God" :D

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Amen Pat...His promises should be playing a huge part in our thanksgiving, yes? His promises are solid and even if He does not deliver, we shall still trust Him! He has not let me down yet. I would just like to have strong faith to rise above all that is happening in the world right now and to pray fervently for so many lost souls out there.
God's promises are sure. Some people are disappointed probably in God because they misunderstood or they asked, but amiss. Jesus said that we should ask in order to receive [Matt 7:7] but James [4:3] clarifies that if we ask amiss, we won't receive. If we get into God's will and do any asking while we are in His will, we will certainly receive what we ask.

Sometimes what I see is 'believers' who have decided they are in God's will but are not. They then received that which was appropriate even though perhaps the opposite of what they in their carnal understanding desired. This could indeed the "left hand of God"...

Last edited:
Reactions: Nancy

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Have you noticed that a lot of the promises start with 'if' - so terms and conditions apply.

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Have you noticed tha, somehow make the "if;s et a lot of the promises start with 'if' - so terms and conditions apply.

Yes there are many "ifs"...if we do this, God will do that, if we do NOT do this, God will NOT do that. Just knowing the conditions are always for our own (and God's) good, somehow makes it easier to obey Him :)

Reactions: Pearl