Do we even have the correct definition of "saved?"

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
prolly not even very close
Well according to a lot of people, a lot of people have been saved. I agree in a certain sense. Today I did not stumble on some things that I have stumbled on before and it was certainly God who 'saved' me, kept me that is, from so stumbling. However, if I later on stumble on one of those same things from which I was saved today the salvation was incomplete at best.

I remember back in 1976 when they told me that I was 'saved' because I had repented and I had spoken in an unknown tongue for the first time. They were right in that I was saved from being stuck on that pathway which is pointed always away from God. But, the ultimately final salvation of which so many speak so easily, was not mine. There was work to be done by God in me. Jesus had come to make that a possibility. He had been the Door/Gate placed at the entrance to Garden of Eden and the Tree of Life, but He was closed... not open to the dead people of this planet called Earth.

Jesus came and opened up the Door, Himself, so people could go through Him. I couldn't go through it myself in 1976 spite of feeling much better about the whole thing after my experience with God. But...LOL, I was still pretty blind.

There is a lot more Light available to me these days, but the blindness is not gone. Actually what I see more clearly now is my inability to see very much at all much of the time. A lot of those little savings in people do little good because continually they go back and repeat themselves. Little good. little savings, like the natural children of Israel who had to return daily to just hold back the tide of hopelessness.

If we are saved from the penalty of one sin [death] one day, but the underlying cause of the sin in ourselves remains, will we not walk again along that wrong pathway we know so well and repeat the very same sin? How long will God put up with this repeated repentance and backsliding habit? The habit or better said, habits are man's way as opposed to God's Way!

Peter asked Jesus how many times he should forgive his brother who did ought against him... seven times? Jesus said, no, try seven times seventy. How much mercy will God have on us when we repent with tears even after he has saved us from our sins repeatedly because we have repented repeatedly? Well I know I have failed Him more than 490 times since 1976.

Why did God hate Esau and love Jacob?

"For all that is in the world, the lust of the flesh, and the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life, is not of the Father, but is of the world." I John 2:16

The "world" is the one that Jesus overcame in himself. We have been given the means to overcome it also in ourselves, but if we do not,
we will lack the proper garment and will be turned away without partaking of the Tree of Life!

"He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches; To him that overcometh will I give to eat of the tree of life, which is in the midst of the paradise of God." Rev 2:7

Last edited:

Collin Feener

Aug 2, 2019
Toronto Ont Canada
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Sometimes I feel short of the glory but I'm always reminded we are saved by grace and then faith. Grace was given on the cross when Jesus said forgive them, Father, for they know not what they do. So the period of grace is sufficient to cover our sins tell we come to understand and worship God in his divinity. We advance from our first faith be it right or wrong, and then to the faith of believing what is not seen in the scriptures, things hidden for millennium just now being revealed. Now this last day. And now we have to wonder if we have all been deceived and the priesthood of the Catholic church is the only true body. This I can say for sure, anyone hearing his voice, he is breaking bread with them and they are for sure saved.
When people come to hear and understand the truth and then except it, grace is no longer a needed thing for they no longer crusify Christ and they are forgiven and saved by their faith, counted by God as righteousness.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
Sometimes I feel short of the glory but I'm always reminded we are saved by grace and then faith. Grace was given on the cross when Jesus said forgive them, Father, for they know not what they do. So the period of grace is sufficient to cover our sins tell we come to understand and worship God in his divinity. We advance from our first faith be it right or wrong, and then to the faith of believing what is not seen in the scriptures, things hidden for millennium just now being revealed. Now this last day. And now we have to wonder if we have all been deceived and the priesthood of the Catholic church is the only true body. This I can say for sure, anyone hearing his voice, he is breaking bread with them and they are for sure saved.
When people come to hear and understand the truth and then except it, grace is no longer a needed thing for they no longer crusify Christ and they are forgiven and saved by their faith, counted by God as righteousness.
few there are who find it

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
A lot of people are declaring themselves saved. It's a modern fad. But it's all very subjective.

The goal of faith in Christ is to be a light to the world. But because people are selfish (can a person be selfishly saved? ) what matters to them is security...at least the feeling of security...whether there is any truth to it or not.

But are we really better off thinking we're already eternally saved?

It's a conundrum really. God hates pride...yet that's what people want. People want security, but God wants people to trust Him.

So we are at odds with God. We prefer to make a religion out of preferable outcomes for ourselves rather than actually knowing the truth. Is that wise?

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Do we even have the correct definition of "saved?"^--OP

prolly not even very close

Disagree.

Three aspects of mankind:

1 Thes 5:
[23] ...your whole spirit and soul and body...

The "spirit" of a natural born man; is corrupt
The "soul" of a natural born man; is corrupt
The "body" of a natural born man; is corrupt

A spirit can become born Again of Gods Seed.
A soul can become restored/ saved unto God.
A body can become justified to be raised up (Redeemed), in Glory, Incorruptable, Immortal.

Such a man, who is Justified...is Wholly; spirit, soul, body;
is set apart, is Sanctified, is Sealed, shall be Redeemed. (Claimed and Taken to Forever Be With The Lord God Almighty)

1 Thes 5:
[23] And the very God of peace sanctify you wholly; and I pray God your whole spirit and soul and body be preserved blameless unto the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ.

Glory to God,
Taken

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
This was a question...
Sorry, no, it wasn’t. Don’t get me wrong this is a public forum and you’re entitled to disagree; however no offense but your Bible is quite a bit smaller than mine? Iow There are many verses that you are not accepting in to your doctrine at the moment, in order to continue believing that you might go to heaven after you have died

And also, nowhere did I say you got the question wrong anyway; I’m sure you replied as truthfully as you are able, It’s just that “saved” currently means “going to heaven after you have died” to you right now, Right?

Last edited:
Reactions: Hisman

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
something which remains unmoved unto the praise and glory of God after and in the Fire?
Well, there’s a lot about that I like, definitely :) only I don’t know of anyone here actually “in the fire,” Or even much “walking through the valley” for that matter...Imo we are all mountaintop dwellers LOL

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
... you’re entitled to disagree;
Of course.

Your Bible is quite a bit smaller than mine?

Never Compared.

Iow There are many verses that you are not accepting in to your doctrine

For Example?

It’s just that “saved” currently means “going to heaven after you have died” to you right now, Right?

Currently...?
Before or After Jesus' Ascension ?

Going to Heaven after physical Death...(not my body), But my body and soul, yes.

Do you have Scriptural Evidence to the Contrary?

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
ok when you reply like that the software breaks, and it becomes hard to highlight/quote snips, impossible to trackback to your post, etc. anyway, i have time for one, the rest later ok,
For Example?
well, the ones i have spit at you before, and i guess this eve will do so again, when i get to the bottom of your post lol :D
so like 7 or whenever, Yah willing k

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
ok when you reply like that the software breaks, and it becomes hard to highlight/quote snips, impossible to trackback to your post, etc. anyway, i have time for one, the rest later ok,
well, the ones i have spit at you before, and i guess this eve will do so again, when i get to the bottom of your post lol :D
so like 7 or whenever, Yah willing k

Sure, will have my spit shield handy.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
For Example?
Your bargain with the grave will not stand
Currently...?
yes, currently; that is your current belief? "Before or after Jesus' ascension" huh?
Going to Heaven after physical Death...(not my body), But my body and soul, yes.
not your body, but your body and soul? hmm. Ok, "soul" and "life" are the ezack same thing, right? You do not "have" a soul, iow, except in a colloquial sense? Anyway, he who seeks to save his soul gone' lose it
There is only One Immortal
No one has ever gone up to heaven
You and your sons will be here with me
All go to the same place
lillies of the field
and Adam became a living soul

Do you have Scriptural Evidence to the Contrary?
me? evidence? you mean like facts or truth or whatever? i got nothin, sorry. And dont be quoting me either pls k :)

your bargain with death will be annulled
your agreement with Sheol will not stand
when the terrible enemy sweeps through,
you will be trampled into the ground

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
A lot of people are declaring themselves saved. It's a modern fad. But it's all very subjective.

The goal of faith in Christ is to be a light to the world. But because people are selfish (can a person be selfishly saved? ) what matters to them is security...at least the feeling of security...whether there is any truth to it or not.

But are we really better off thinking we're already eternally saved?

It's a conundrum really. God hates pride...yet that's what people want. People want security, but God wants people to trust Him.

So we are at odds with God. We prefer to make a religion out of preferable outcomes for ourselves rather than actually knowing the truth. Is that wise?
def more socially acceptable at least huh

since we're on that subject, pls donate to non-tax-deductible charities, all
i mean unless thats all the credit you want