Do We Have False Teachers {WE SURE DO}

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

blessedhope

Aug 9, 2015
And I know that after I leave, savage wolves will come in among you and will not spare the flock. Even from your own number men will arise and distort the truth in order to draw away disciples after them” (Acts 20:29-30).

It didn’t take long for Paul’s warning to the elders of the Church in Ephesus to come true. Within the lifetimes of the original apostles false teachers had invaded the Church and were spewing their doctrines around wherever they went.

Paul called such people false apostles, deceitful workmen, masquerading as apostles of Christ. He said they are servants of Satan whose end will be what their actions deserve (2 Cor. 11:13-15).

John said they have the spirit of anti-Christ. He said, “They went out from us but they didn’t really belong to us. For if they had belonged to us they would have remained with us, but their going showed that none of them belonged to us” (1 John 2:19). In other words they may attend a church but they are not part of the Church.

And, as we saw in a previous study, Jude said,

These people are blemishes at your love feasts, eating with you without the slightest qualm—shepherds who feed only themselves. They are clouds without rain, blown along by the wind; autumn trees, without fruit and uprooted—twice dead. They are wild waves of the sea, foaming up their shame; wandering stars, for whom blackest darkness has been reserved forever (Jude 12-13).

Peter was the most aggressive in his condemnation of the false teachers. Here are some excerpts from 2 Peter 2, a chapter devoted entirely and exclusively to false teachers.

But there were also false prophets among the people, just as there will be false teachers among you. They will secretly introduce destructive heresies, even denying the sovereign Lord who bought them—bringing swift destruction on themselves. Many will follow their depraved conduct and will bring the way of truth into disrepute. In their greed these teachers will exploit you with fabricated stories. Their condemnation has long been hanging over them, and their destruction has not been sleeping (2 Peter 2:1-3).

He said it would have been better for them not to have known the way of righteousness then to have known it and then turned their backs on the sacred command that was passed onto them (2 Peter 2:21).

And the Lord said even though they will claim to have prophesied in His name, and in His name driven out demons and performed many miracles, He will deny them entry into the kingdom saying, “I never knew you. Away from me you evil doers” (Matt. 7:22-23).

You would think with the advent of the written word, all this false teaching would have stopped, because believers could check what they were hearing against what the Bible says to see if they were being told the truth or not. But the reality is that even in countries where the Bible is readily available most believers simply don’t take the time to read and understand it. A great majority seems to be content with having someone else read it for them and then tell them what it says. These believers have always been fair game for the false teachers.

Even today, when information abounds, average Christians know very little about what the Bible really says. Many are more familiar with what false teachers tell them it says than what they know from their own study.

blessedhope

Aug 9, 2015
I see some real hatred and bible twisting on this forum about the jews for their own evil lusts Many Jews today feel that because of historical atrocities committed against their people by the so-called "Christian" church, all Christians are Jew-haters. Unfortunately, not only many nominal Christians but even some real believers harbor anti- Semitic attitudes, and this only confirms the suspicion in Jewish minds. But does the New Testament allow Christians to be prejudiced in this way? Definitely not.

But Didn't the Jews Crucify Christ?
In the gospels we can see that the Jewish nation indeed had a part in crucifying the Lord. But it was the Romans that legally condemned Him and performed the physical act of nailing Him to the cross. The Jews could not have had Christ crucified had the Roman authorities not capitulated and performed the execution. Both Jews and Gentiles were involved.
But even though this act was very terrible, it was part of God's plan. The apostle Peter pointed out to the Jews that "This man was handed over to you by God's set purpose and foreknowledge..." (Acts 2:23). God was the One who sent Christ to be the atoning sacrifice for the sins of the whole world (1 John 2:2). All of us are guilty of the blood of Christ, for our sin sent Him to the cross.

But Hasn't God Rejected the Jews?
At this present time most Jews reject Christ as Messiah and Saviour. This is very sad. But nowhere in Scripture can we find evidence that God has given up on His chosen people -- quite the opposite, in fact. The apostle Paul makes this very clear: "Did God reject His people? By no means! ... God did not reject His people, whom He foreknew." (Romans 11:1a,2). He goes on to explain that "Israel has experienced a hardening in part until the full number of the Gentiles has come in..." (vs. 25) but that God still loves the Jews and they are part of His great plan. The book of Revelation tells us that in the end times 144,000 people from all the tribes of Israel will be sealed as servants of God (7:4) and receive special privileges in Heaven (14:3).
If we are just as guilty as the Jews of the blood of Christ, and if God still loves the Jewish people and includes them in His special plan, Christians have no excuse for anti-Semitic behaviour. Those who claim to be believers but speak harshly against God's chosen people are acting contrary to the word of Scripture. Christians are to show love and respect to the Jews, and to gladly tell them the good news about Jesus the Messiah.

Reactions: Truth

blessedhope

Aug 9, 2015
Then there people on this forum that think the church has to go through Jacobs trouble???? Why is it not called the churches trouble???? something to think about.
Seventy weeks are determined upon thy people – what people? Who was the Lord addressing? He was addressing Daniel who was a Jew. Seventy weeks are determined upon thy people – the Jewish people. This has nothing to do with the Gentile Church or the Bride of Christ. The Church Will Not Go Through The Tribulation Period! But some jokers spews out garbage > lets take it to garbage truck and throw it in.

heretoeternity

Oct 11, 2014
Asia/Pacific
Jesus called the Jewish religious leaders of His day "a brood of vipers" (den of snakes) Matthew 23Why? Could it be they were following the book of the Talmud, and spewing hatred toward Gentiles? This book exists today, and still displays it's hatred toward Jesus, and gentiles who are categorized as animals, and to be treated as such....
The vast majority of "churches" you mentioned are not teaching the true Gospel of Jesus, and these "churches" are part of the Roman false religion...they may have think they broke away from Rome, but they did not break away from the Roman system.

Reactions: Truth

n2thelight

Dec 24, 2006
Atlanta,Ga
blessedhope said:
I see some real hatred and bible twisting on this forum about the jews for their own evil lusts Many Jews today feel that because of historical atrocities committed against their people by the so-called "Christian" church, all Christians are Jew-haters. Unfortunately, not only many nominal Christians but even some real believers harbor anti- Semitic attitudes, and this only confirms the suspicion in Jewish minds. But does the New Testament allow Christians to be prejudiced in this way? Definitely not.

But Didn't the Jews Crucify Christ?
In the gospels we can see that the Jewish nation indeed had a part in crucifying the Lord. But it was the Romans that legally condemned Him and performed the physical act of nailing Him to the cross. The Jews could not have had Christ crucified had the Roman authorities not capitulated and performed the execution. Both Jews and Gentiles were involved.
But even though this act was very terrible, it was part of God's plan. The apostle Peter pointed out to the Jews that "This man was handed over to you by God's set purpose and foreknowledge..." (Acts 2:23). God was the One who sent Christ to be the atoning sacrifice for the sins of the whole world (1 John 2:2). All of us are guilty of the blood of Christ, for our sin sent Him to the cross.

But Hasn't God Rejected the Jews?
At this present time most Jews reject Christ as Messiah and Saviour. This is very sad. But nowhere in Scripture can we find evidence that God has given up on His chosen people -- quite the opposite, in fact. The apostle Paul makes this very clear: "Did God reject His people? By no means! ... God did not reject His people, whom He foreknew." (Romans 11:1a,2). He goes on to explain that "Israel has experienced a hardening in part until the full number of the Gentiles has come in..." (vs. 25) but that God still loves the Jews and they are part of His great plan. The book of Revelation tells us that in the end times 144,000 people from all the tribes of Israel will be sealed as servants of God (7:4) and receive special privileges in Heaven (14:3).
If we are just as guilty as the Jews of the blood of Christ, and if God still loves the Jewish people and includes them in His special plan, Christians have no excuse for anti-Semitic behaviour. Those who claim to be believers but speak harshly against God's chosen people are acting contrary to the word of Scripture. Christians are to show love and respect to the Jews, and to gladly tell them the good news about Jesus the Messiah.

The Jew's did'nt crucify Christ,those that call themselves Jew's but are not did.......

Reactions: Mjh29

Mjh29

May 28, 2017
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have begun to pray recently that God will send great revival to the Jewish people. They need Christ as much as we do, however holding emnity towards them will profit nothing.

Reactions: JesusIsFaithful

Mjh29

May 28, 2017
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Jew's did'nt crucify Christ,those that call themselves Jew's but are not did.......

Precisely. A TRUE Jew is one that accepts God's Savior! This is what Jesus meanr when he was talking to Nathaniel

JOHN 1
47Jesus saw Nathanael coming toward him and said of him, “Behold, an Israelite indeed, in whom there is no deceit!”

Glen55

Sep 4, 2015
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
Neither Jew or Gentile, Male or Female, etc.........in who? The outward labels are symbology Galatians 4:24 for man's two natures, the
secular history of these stories is promoted by tradition so man will be a bond slave to this world's religious system of brick and mortar temples (ruled by men, Priest class) and keeps them looking outwardly instead of inwardly Luke 17:20-21, Acts 17:24, 1Cor 3:16, which Paul calls the mystery of Christ in you.

Reactions: bbyrd009

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
Nope. I don't hate muslims. I pray for the lost every day.
Lost? Who says Muslims are lost? You do, that's who. "Any spirit that admits Christ has come on the flesh is from God," but that is not good enough for you, i guess. What if it is you who is lost, and just bawling "LordLord" over there? Hmm? How might we discern? Because tbh you are failing if the standard is humility lol. Not that i am any shining example there either.

i hope you see that i am not really advocating my beliefs here at the moment, at least not directly. But pride and entitlement are difficult things to address. I have no doubt that you are a basically good person, who seeks God, ok; even if you are at present hopelessly lost. I will keep you in my prayers too awright.

:)

see how that works?

Last edited:

Mjh29

May 28, 2017
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Lost? Who says Muslims are lost? You do, that's who. "Any spirit that admits Christ has come on the flesh is from God," but that is not good enough for you, i guess. What if it is you who is lost, and just bawling "LordLord" over there? Hmm? How might we discern? Because tbh you are failing if the standard is humility lol. Not that i am any shining example there either.

i hope you see that i am not really advocating my beliefs here at the moment, at least not directly. But pride and entitlement are difficult things to address. I have no doubt that you are a basically good person, who seeks God, ok; even if you are at present hopelessly lost. I will keep you in my prayers too awright.

:)

see how that works?
See this is the problem with people who dont belive the bible is the word. How DO you know. Every argument i have ever seen you make is based on offense, not defense, because everything you believe is based on nothing but personal bias! I know I am following Christ because His word tells me so.

Reactions: Abiding Grace

eldios

May 20, 2017
California
Faith
Country
United States
And I know that after I leave, savage wolves will come in among you and will not spare the flock. Even from your own number men will arise and distort the truth in order to draw away disciples after them” (Acts 20:29-30).

It didn’t take long for Paul’s warning to the elders of the Church in Ephesus to come true. Within the lifetimes of the original apostles false teachers had invaded the Church and were spewing their doctrines around wherever they went.

Paul called such people false apostles, deceitful workmen, masquerading as apostles of Christ. He said they are servants of Satan whose end will be what their actions deserve (2 Cor. 11:13-15).

John said they have the spirit of anti-Christ. He said, “They went out from us but they didn’t really belong to us. For if they had belonged to us they would have remained with us, but their going showed that none of them belonged to us” (1 John 2:19). In other words they may attend a church but they are not part of the Church.

And, as we saw in a previous study, Jude said,

These people are blemishes at your love feasts, eating with you without the slightest qualm—shepherds who feed only themselves. They are clouds without rain, blown along by the wind; autumn trees, without fruit and uprooted—twice dead. They are wild waves of the sea, foaming up their shame; wandering stars, for whom blackest darkness has been reserved forever (Jude 12-13).

Peter was the most aggressive in his condemnation of the false teachers. Here are some excerpts from 2 Peter 2, a chapter devoted entirely and exclusively to false teachers.

But there were also false prophets among the people, just as there will be false teachers among you. They will secretly introduce destructive heresies, even denying the sovereign Lord who bought them—bringing swift destruction on themselves. Many will follow their depraved conduct and will bring the way of truth into disrepute. In their greed these teachers will exploit you with fabricated stories. Their condemnation has long been hanging over them, and their destruction has not been sleeping (2 Peter 2:1-3).

He said it would have been better for them not to have known the way of righteousness then to have known it and then turned their backs on the sacred command that was passed onto them (2 Peter 2:21).

And the Lord said even though they will claim to have prophesied in His name, and in His name driven out demons and performed many miracles, He will deny them entry into the kingdom saying, “I never knew you. Away from me you evil doers” (Matt. 7:22-23).

You would think with the advent of the written word, all this false teaching would have stopped, because believers could check what they were hearing against what the Bible says to see if they were being told the truth or not. But the reality is that even in countries where the Bible is readily available most believers simply don’t take the time to read and understand it. A great majority seems to be content with having someone else read it for them and then tell them what it says. These believers have always been fair game for the false teachers.

Even today, when information abounds, average Christians know very little about what the Bible really says. Many are more familiar with what false teachers tell them it says than what they know from their own study.

Every visible human being who stands up behind a pulpit built with human hands inside a church building built with human hands are false prophets who use stolen words from the Bible they read and teach their own interpretations of what they think those scriptures and prophecies are about. Everyone who listens to those false prophets are deceived unless you are a chosen believer who is taught by God that they are true false prophets. Believers get out of the beast where all false prophets ( inhabitants on earth ) learned how to build false gods with their human hands.

False prophets have never heard the voice of God who forces us servants to confess and repent of every single sin we ever committed before we're used to testify to the knowledge of God called Christ. False prophets will accuse some of their followers of their sins but they themselves will not confess their own unless they are caught like many religious leaders have been in the world.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
See this is the problem with people who dont belive the bible is the word. How DO you know. Every argument i have ever seen you make is based on offense, not defense, because everything you believe is based on nothing but personal bias! I know I am following Christ because His word tells me so.
on the contrary, i know for a fact that the Book is not the Word, and have even invited you to support any belief that you hold dear with Scripture.

Will you find support? Yes, you will, but the question becomes will you reflect upon the passages that contest your belief, that are also Scripture? Because they are Scripture, too. And, generally speaking we find that people in that position generally find some way to negate one Scripture in order to validate another.

That the Bible is not the Word might be a good example; where do you get this heathen idea, anyway?
And do you imagine that it is not heathen? Then go and ask anyone on the street--the very first person you encounter--what God's Word is, and listen to their answer. Or BAM do your best to support this from the Book, if you think you can.

It is merely another thing that you have been taught, by some guy who did not know any better, who assumed the position of knowing more than you did about Scripture, by your leave, before his agenda was made clear to you, if it ever was. But you cannot dispute Scripture, see, @ "In the beginning was the Bible..."

Mjh29

May 28, 2017
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
on the contrary, i know for a fact that the Book is not the Word, and have even invited you to support any belief that you hold dear with Scripture.

Will you find support? Yes, you will, but the question becomes will you reflect upon the passages that contest your belief, that are also Scripture? Because they are Scripture, too. And, generally speaking we find that people in that position generally find some way to negate one Scripture in order to validate another.

That the Bible is not the Word might be a good example; where do you get this heathen idea, anyway?
And do you imagine that it is not heathen? Then go and ask anyone on the street--the very first person you encounter--what God's Word is, and listen to their answer. Or BAM do your best to support this from the Book, if you think you can.

It is merely another thing that you have been taught, by some guy who did not know any better, who assumed the position of knowing more than you did about Scripture, by your leave. But you cannot dispute Scripture, see, @ "In the beginning was the Bible..."
Correct. We all presuppose things. While I chose the believe that the Bible is the word of God, you presuppose that you know better.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Correct. We all presuppose things. While I chose the believe that the Bible is the word of God, you presuppose that you know better.
well, you say "presuppose," but i grew up believing that the Bible was the Word, too; and only came to the truth after finding the Word. So, without demonstrating your belief, you cannot know that it is not you that has accepted a presupposition, see. I'm ready when you are.

You might start by dealing with "In the beginning was the Bible, and the Bible was with God, and the Bible was God," a perfectly valid conclusion to your present beliefs. Or by bam approach it from some other direction if you prefer, and we will see.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
And understand that i am not diminishing the Bible, ok, It is God~Breathed, and is good for everything that It says It is good for; but It is not the Word, as the false teachers will assure you that It is, and It will even tell you as much, if you have ears to hear.

n2thelight

Dec 24, 2006
Atlanta,Ga

If one dosn't believe in Christ they are lost,period!

Reactions: Mjh29