Do we know the year of Christ's return?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Do we know the year of Christ's return?

• Yes

Votes: 1 4.3%
  • No

Votes: 22 95.7%

• Total voters

Josho

Millennial Christian
Staff member
Jul 19, 2015
The Land of Aus
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Well there seems to be a number of people here who think we might be in the Tribulation or they think they even know the year of Christ's return and when judgement day will happen.

There has been many failed predictions though of dates when Jesus Christ will return.

So does anyone really know but God?

Reactions: Nancy

Bobby Jo

Feb 5, 2019
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well there seems to be a number of people here who think we might be in the Tribulation or they think they even know the year of Christ's return and when judgement day will happen.
There has been many failed predictions though of dates when Jesus Christ will return.
So does anyone really know ...

NO! Most people are ignorant. So do you expect ignorant people to know what they don't know?

Now your real question is: So does anyone really know [the year] but God?
YES, of course. We just can't know the DAY or the HOUR. -- But if you want to add Week; Month; Season; Year (1); Decade (10); Score (20); Century (100); Daytona (500); and Millennia (1,000), to Scripture then please feel free. Conversely you COULD find out what Scripture provides as to the "YEAR". And most people already know the Season, because of the Feasts; and some even anticipate the Specific Feast, which takes it down to the WEEK.

Ahhhhhhh, but the YEAR must be determined NOT THROUGH MATHEMATICAL GYMNASTICS, but through a Scriptural DETERMINATION made possible by the Prophetic Psalms as proposed by J.R. Church in his book "Hidden Prophecies In The Psalms".

But study takes work, and lazy is easy. So most people are lazy and thus ignorant. And if ignorant, -- then NO!
Bobby Jo

PS Maybe we're simply like the blind man who can't distinguish between "men" and "trees" until we get closer.

Last edited:
Reactions: pompadour

Josho

Millennial Christian
Staff member
Jul 19, 2015
The Land of Aus
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I will admit, I am just a bit annoyed.

Most people who think they know the year that judgement day happens, have nearly lived full lives, have made many friends, they have married, they have started a family, they have raised kids, they now have grandkids, have made a successful living, they have paid off a house, and are probably retired...

And if any are right and the Tribulation does happen in the next few years. In a way, it just makes me wish I grew up in a different era.

Reactions: Eternally Grateful

Bobby Jo

Feb 5, 2019
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I will admit, I am just a bit annoyed. ...

If you're annoyed NOW, -- wait until you can't buy or sell.

And actually, if you obey Lke 22:36, you just might get through this to live a long and prosperous life in the Millennial Kingdom. Think of it terms of IMNCARCERATION, where more senior inmates get the best kitchen jobs, while the young guy is stuck washing dishes because they've only been there MONTHS instead of DECADES.

When Jesus comes you'll be unshackled from the burden of sin, and you'll still be young enough to enjoy easily a hundred years of opportunity. But the old inmates may only live another decade or two before they die.

Sounds like you like your chained life now, instead of looking forward to your unchained life tomorrow.
Bobby Jo

historyb

Mar 10, 2011
in a house
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Who can know the mind of God, not even the Son knows the day or the hour. Be at peace my friend @Josho. I always thought I was born in the wrong time. I love the good old days of the 30's, 40's, and 50's so much so that I subscribe to a Good days magazine which chronicles that era and love old time radio

Last edited:

Bobby Jo

Feb 5, 2019
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
nope noone knows the day nor the hour of Christ's return, but some pastors say that we can know the season :)

EXACTLY CORRECT! -- And as previously asserted, the "season" should be obvious considering the Feasts; but the YEAR is more elusive. That must come from the Prophetic Psalms, -- or so I would testify. :)

Bobby Jo

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Most people who think they know the year that judgement day happens, have nearly lived full lives, have made many friends, they have married, they have started a family, they have raised kids, they now have grandkids, have made a successful living, they have paid off a house, and are probably retired...

And if any are right and the Tribulation does happen in the next few years. In a way, it just makes me wish I grew up in a different era.

Yes, I was thinking along those lines also. I won't mind dying for Christ because I am longing to go to heaven now. But I can imagine how it would be for someone your age. But check out this video if it is allowed in Australia. My reasoning on when Christ will return is that Revelation 8 seems to be at the end of the Tribulation, and if the GT is 7 years long, then it would start in about 18 months. This video is about the asteroid that will probably kill everyone in the US if it sets off all our volcanoes including Yellowstone Super Volcano, which is another subject.

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
...not even the Son knows the day or the hour...
That may have been applicable before the crucifixion, resurrection, ascension, and exaltation of Christ. But since He Himself announced that ALL power and authority in Heaven and on earth had been given to Him (Mt 28:18) it follows that at this time the Son of God knows precisely when He will return, and all other events preceding and succeeding His return.

Since we are definitely NOT in the Tribulation or Great Tribulation, but in the period known as the Great Apostasy, those events are still in the future. It is only when the heavenly bodies as well as the earth are seriously shaken out of their places that people may expect the Second Coming of Christ. So in that sense, there will be a time when the inhabitants of the earth will be in great fear while expect Christ to come with power and great glory.

We should take note of the following passages:

Immediately after the tribulation of those days shall the sun be darkened, and the moon shall not give her light, and the stars shall fall from heaven, and the powers of the heavens shall be shaken: And then shall appear the sign of the Son of man in heaven: and then shall all the tribes of the earth mourn, and they shall see the Son of Man coming in the clouds of Heaven with power and great glory. (Mt 24:29,30)

REVELATION 6: THE SECOND COMING OF CHRIST

12 And I beheld when he had opened the sixth seal, and, lo, there was a great earthquake; and the sun became black as sackcloth of hair, and the moon became as blood; 13 And the stars of heaven fell unto the earth, even as a fig tree casteth her untimely figs, when she is shaken of a mighty wind. 14 And the heaven departed as a scroll when it is rolled together; and every mountain and island were moved out of their places... 16 And said to the mountains and rocks, Fall on us, and hide us from the face of him that sitteth on the throne, and from the wrath of the Lamb: 17 For the great day of his wrath is come; and who shall be able to stand?

Reactions: dev553344

Keraz

Jun 20, 2018
Thames, New Zealand
www.logostelos.info
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
We do know the season that will commence the events of the final few years of this Christian age.
We have many signs now that precede the dramatic and earth changing things, so well described by all the Prophets.

But Jesus Himself prophesied the 2000 year period between His Ascension and His Return, Luke 13:32. Confirmed by Hosea 6:2.

Pathfinder7

Mar 8, 2020
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

So does anyone really know but God?
We start 'Book of Revelation' study/discussion..this Sunday evening.
- Zoom session/group.
---
If someone makes 'End Time prediction & Return of Christ ( year )'.. during our discussion,
- I'll give you info./ the year..
- Saying this.. with a sense of humor.

Last edited:
Reactions: marks

Bobby Jo

Feb 5, 2019
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Since we are definitely NOT in the Tribulation or Great Tribulation ...

Immediately after the tribulation of those days shall the sun be darkened, and the moon shall not give her light, and the stars shall fall from heaven, and the powers of the heavens shall be shaken ...

So then we MIGHT STILL be in the tribulation, because these things are yet to come in the near future???

Yeah, as I understand the Scriptural time-line, we ARE some 29 months into the 42 month Tribulation, with some 13 months to go. And of course because the "birth pangs" are always easy and infrequent in the eary stages, we can anticipate that they'll be more severe as we get closer to the end.

But those who are unfamiliar with the Scriptural time-line can only GUESS. :)
Bobby Jo

Bobby Jo

Feb 5, 2019
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We start 'Book of Revelation' study/discussion..this Sunday evening.
- Zoom session/group.
---
If someone makes 'End Time prediction & Return of Christ ( year )'.. during our discussion,
- I'll give you info./ the year..
- Saying this.. with a sense of humor.

Ummmmmmmmm, it comes from the Book of Psalms, -- not Revelation.

Try reading the Psalms using the premise provided by J.R. Church in his book "Hidden Prophecies In The Psalms". And bear in mind:

• What is the SHORTEST Chapter in All Scripture
  • What is the MIDDLE Chapter in All Scripture
  • What Chapter is exactly SEVENTY YEARS after the International Recognition of the State of Israel
  • What Chapter coincides with the U.S. Recognition of Jerusalem as the Capital of Israel
  • What Chapter is the LONGEST Chapter in all Scripture

Of course "COINCIDENCE" of all these is 26 Billion to One. -- And I don't believe in Scriptural "COINCIDENCES".

And one final thought: Ignorant people scoff. Intelligent people DISCOVER.
Bobby Jo

Bobby Jo

Feb 5, 2019
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Y ... I won't mind dying for Christ because I am longing to go to heaven now. ...

Ummmmmmmmm, we're really not meant to die, but that we might have Life, and Life more Abundantly. Of course those who accept the Mark of the Beast WILL drop dead when Jesus returns; and the rest of humanity will enter the Millennial Kingdom.

And a LOT of people insist that when the bright lights (nuclear weapons) start going off, that they'll RUN TOWARD THE LIGHT. But if you consider a person who is facing eminent peril when asked what they'd most like, -- they answer "tomorrow".

And to share a personal perspective: When my wife tells me how precious life is and how Jesus could come for me at any moment, -- if I don't "knock it off" --, I stop what I'm doing.
Bobby Jo

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Hi Josho,

God knows what is perfect for you.

Much love!

vannesa2

Sep 30, 2020
central
Faith
Christian
Country
Uganda
Truth is according to the bible, actually according to Christ because he said it himself the day and the time not even angels know, only the Father knows but l do get it when people start connecting the current global happening to Christ's return or the end of the world but then with all that is happening say the wars of nation against nation, the fire outbreaks, the locusts in Africa now, then the pandemic , to day l saw Texas city declaring declaring disaster after Discovering a Brain Eating Amoeba in its tap water which has already lead to death of one person so literally it's all so scaring but then Jesus said when you see all that IT'S Not the end yet, it is just the little beginning of the real suffering that will befall the earth so back to your question no body knows the date but Jesus gave us a little clue on what it will be like when He is about to return, in fact that is also why he goes on to say His coming will be like a thief in the night, and many will be caught off guard and it's my prayer we don't slip off the truth least any of us here be caught off guard. God bless you