Do we live by Laws?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
People believe and live accordingly to how they believe they should live, with the use of the Bible.

I have no reason to judge people as God will be the judge of people. Thus the responsibility is always on our own hands.

No one can change a persons mind, but God with the renewing of the mind.

Thus - people believe what they will, and want to, and there is no changing that, as most organizations of religion, believe in the death, burial, and resurrection. Along with whatever else they my present.

When it comes to Law, the only Law a person lives by is Christ Royal law, which is always done by the spirit of Christ with-in the person to live a life for God while on this earth.

As James in his letter indicates here: If, however, you are fulfilling the royal law, according to the Scripture, “YOU SHALL LOVE YOUR NEIGHBOR AS YOURSELF,” you are doing well. James 2:8

There are two descriptions of people who will be in the Heavenly Jerusalem that is, people who are Children of God, and also those who are a Son or Daughter of God.

It's best to just let people how they are going to believe unless they are otherwise curious to alternatives founded on the principles with-in the Bible. The foundation that is right, in my opinion, is the one that Jesus Christ and his Apostles had laid out, however a person fulfills their role in doing good works in which God works in and through them by his spirit.

As Paul says to those in Philippi, for it is God who works in you to will and to act in order to fulfill his good purpose. Philippians 2:13.

The question is how does God work with-in us?

By the Holy Spirit promised by Jesus, and also the Spirit of Christ lives and dwells with-in us.

John 14:15-31​

New International Version​

Jesus Promises the Holy Spirit​

15 “If you love me, keep my commands. 16 And I will ask the Father, and he will give you another advocateto help you and be with you forever— 17 the Spirit of truth. The world cannot accept him, because it neither sees him nor knows him. But you know him, for he lives with you and will be[a] in you. 18 I will not leave you as orphans; I will come to you. 19 Before long, the world will not see me anymore, but you will see me. Because I live, you also will live. 20 On that day you will realize that I am in my Father, and you are in me, and I am in you. 21 Whoever has my commands and keeps them is the one who loves me. The one who loves me will be loved by my Father, and I too will love them and show myself to them.”
22 Then Judas (not Judas Iscariot) said, “But, Lord, why do you intend to show yourself to us and not to the world?”
23 Jesus replied, “Anyone who loves me will obey my teaching. My Father will love them, and we will come to them and make our home with them. 24 Anyone who does not love me will not obey my teaching. These words you hear are not my own; they belong to the Father who sent me.
25 “All this I have spoken while still with you. 26 But the Advocate, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in my name, will teach you all things and will remind you of everything I have said to you. 27 Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.
28 “You heard me say, ‘I am going away and I am coming back to you.’ If you loved me, you would be glad that I am going to the Father, for the Father is greater than I. 29 I have told you now before it happens, so that when it does happen you will believe. 30 I will not say much more to you, for the prince of this worldis coming. He has no hold over me, 31 but he comes so that the world may learn that I love the Father and do exactly what my Father has commanded me.
“Come now; let us leave.

Paul also addresses this to those in Colossians ;

Galatians 2:20​

New International Version​

20 I have been crucified with Christ and I no longer live, but Christ lives in me. The life I now live in the body, I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me.

Jesus Christ is now the life of the born again believer now today, in which helps us by his Spirit, with also help of the Holy Spirit of God with prayers and petitions to Him.

Luke 11:13
If you then, though you are evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your Father in heaven give the Holy Spirit to those who ask him!”

Stated by Paul here: in Romans is that the Spirit of Christ is also with us.

Romans 8:9
But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so it be that the Spirit of God dwell in you. Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of His.

1stCenturyLady

Jun 26, 2018
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
All we have to do is repent. So what does that mean?

It is not repenting of individual sins as we commit them as some use 1 John 1:9. No, it is realizing that there is no way we can ever stop sinning by ourselves, as those who try to live under the Law. IOW we must realize we are sinners, and give ourselves over to Jesus to save us from the sin nature that keeps us sinners. You see, 1 John 1:9 is to receive the Holy Spirit and makes us born again. Peter said the same in Acts of the Apostles 2:38. This is where hearing the gospel first comes in. "Faith comes by hearing, and hearing by the Word of God." There is nothing more we can do to earn salvation. Just admit that we are helpless to be righteous. Jesus did it all. And it is His Spirit that abides in us, and changes our lives forever. He just need to respond and abide in Him too.

Once we repent and admit we are sinners and cannot be holy as commanded, Jesus takes over and creates a new nature in us that is free from sin. This is level one. We are cleansed of all unrighteousness and empowered with the Holy Spirit to live up to that first level as a baby Christian.

Hebrews 12:2 says that Jesus is the AUTHOR and FINISHER of our faith. He does it all. We just have to obey our conscience where Jesus wrote the first laws for us to keep. As we learn to take those baby steps, the Spirit adds more laws of holiness to our conscience and releases more power to keep those. Step by step. From glory to glory. Many times Paul admits that he hasn't reached perfection. He knew the Spirit had more for him to do. But by the last letter he wrote, he had reached it.

2 Timothy 4:7
I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, I have kept the faith.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: MatthewG

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You reminded me of this scripture where God writes on the hearts and minds of those who are his, who make the choice to look to God.

The spirit given is the Holy Spirit and the Spirit of Christ, and Jesus said that we can ask the Father in heaven to help us! That of course is a total choice as Adam and Eve could have sought God during the encounter with the now defeated devil, praise be to Christ who has had the victory.

““Behold, the days are coming, says the Lord, when I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel and the house of Judah, not like the covenant which I made with their fathers when I took them by the hand to bring them out of the land of Egypt, my covenant which they broke, though I was their husband, says the Lord. But this is the covenant which I will make with the house of Israel after those days, says the Lord: I will put my law within them, and I will write it upon their hearts; and I will be their God, and they shall be my people. And no longer shall each man teach his neighbor and each his brother, saying, ‘Know the Lord,’ for they shall all know me, from the least of them to the greatest, says the Lord; for I will forgive their iniquity, and I will remember their sin no more.””
‭‭Jeremiah‬ ‭31‬:‭31‬-‭34‬ ‭RSV‬‬

Reactions: 1stCenturyLady

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
People believe and live accordingly to how they believe they should live, with the use of the Bible.

I have no reason to judge people as God will be the judge of people. Thus the responsibility is always on our own hands.

No one can change a persons mind, but God with the renewing of the mind.

Thus - people believe what they will, and want to, and there is no changing that, as most organizations of religion, believe in the death, burial, and resurrection. Along with whatever else they my present.

When it comes to Law, the only Law a person lives by is Christ Royal law, which is always done by the spirit of Christ with-in the person to live a life for God while on this earth.

As James in his letter indicates here: If, however, you are fulfilling the royal law, according to the Scripture, “YOU SHALL LOVE YOUR NEIGHBOR AS YOURSELF,” you are doing well. James 2:8

There are two descriptions of people who will be in the Heavenly Jerusalem that is, people who are Children of God, and also those who are a Son or Daughter of God.

It's best to just let people how they are going to believe unless they are otherwise curious to alternatives founded on the principles with-in the Bible. The foundation that is right, in my opinion, is the one that Jesus Christ and his Apostles had laid out, however a person fulfills their role in doing good works in which God works in and through them by his spirit.

As Paul says to those in Philippi, for it is God who works in you to will and to act in order to fulfill his good purpose. Philippians 2:13.

The question is how does God work with-in us?

By the Holy Spirit promised by Jesus, and also the Spirit of Christ lives and dwells with-in us.

Paul also addresses this to those in Colossians ;

Jesus Christ is now the life of the born again believer now today, in which helps us by his Spirit, with also help of the Holy Spirit of God with prayers and petitions to Him.

Stated by Paul here: in Romans is that the Spirit of Christ is also with us.
Christians live by laws Matt. Governments have laws, and as long as they do not conflict with God's laws we are to render to Caesar his due Rom 13:1-5. More importantly, God's Kingdom is no different sir, it's laws are more important to obey, as our everlasting citizenship depends on it.

• Wow

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes, Robert.

That is true, but the Laws I am referring to come from the Laws that were given to Israel, they do only serve the purpose to know that we are guilty before God, and need Christ to be made right with God who's Son fulfilled everything.

The Law I am also referring to is what Law is there for the Christian? If you take time to read the post I am sure you will realize what is being said.

Love to you sir, and God bless.

Reactions: Nancy

Gospel Believer

Aug 2, 2019
Columbus Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes, Robert.

That is true, but the Laws I am referring to come from the Laws that were given to Israel, they do only serve the purpose to know that we are guilty before God, and need Christ to be made right with God who's Son fulfilled everything.

The Law I am also referring to is what Law is there for the Christian? If you take time to read the post I am sure you will realize what is being said.

Love to you sir, and God bless.
Excellent post, as usual.....I would only add the Following—-

This side of the Cross we have Two Commands and One Law ....

Command #1 Believe. Command #2 Love ( 1John 3:23)

The One Law? The “ Law Of Christ”...... “ Take on the Burdens Of Others” ( Gal 6:2 )

Gospel Believer

Aug 2, 2019
Columbus Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Many times Paul admits that he hasn't reached perfection. He knew the Spirit had more for him to do. But by the last letter he wrote, he had reached it.

2 Timothy 4:7
I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, I have kept the faith.

I think that your ‘ takeaway” from Paul’s words are mistaken....
Paul never claimed to be “ Perfect” —- only Jesus was perfect.....notice Paul did NOT say , “ I have kept the Law”......THAT is what he would have said if meant that he had attained the same level as Jesus .....Paul always stressed that we were to LIVE from “ Faith to Faith” .....We end our Christian Walk, he told the Galatians , the SAME WAY the we Started It—- FAITH!

“ The Righteous shall Live by Faith” ......That “ FAITH” is what Paul “ KEPT” .....NOT the Law of Moses.....Oaul referred to that “ Law” as “ an IMPOSSIBLE System that neither HE nor his fathers could ever keep” .....it was pointless to even try , because Paul knew and taught that ‘ Christ was the END of the Law” as far as obtaining your own righteousness was concerned....He also knew and taught that “ by the works if the Law , NO MAN will ever be JUSTIFIED! You Must be Justified to make it to Heaven.....That Justification ONLY comes by putting your Faith in Jesus Christ to save you—- Paul had that Faith at the beginning and h kept it until the end if his life—- he kept the FAITH!

Paul confessed at the end of his life that he NEVER attained the level that he wanted to .....Phil.3:12....” I do not mean to say that I have reached Perfection......” He knew that being without sin would never happen in His Earthly existence—- that accomplishment only happens when we are perfected in Heaven....

1stCenturyLady

Jun 26, 2018
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You reminded me of this scripture where God writes on the hearts and minds of those who are his, who make the choice to look to God.

The spirit given is the Holy Spirit and the Spirit of Christ, and Jesus said that we can ask the Father in heaven to help us! That of course is a total choice as Adam and Eve could have sought God during the encounter with the now defeated devil, praise be to Christ who has had the victory.

““Behold, the days are coming, says the Lord, when I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel and the house of Judah, not like the covenant which I made with their fathers when I took them by the hand to bring them out of the land of Egypt, my covenant which they broke, though I was their husband, says the Lord. But this is the covenant which I will make with the house of Israel after those days, says the Lord: I will put my law within them, and I will write it upon their hearts; and I will be their God, and they shall be my people. And no longer shall each man teach his neighbor and each his brother, saying, ‘Know the Lord,’ for they shall all know me, from the least of them to the greatest, says the Lord; for I will forgive their iniquity, and I will remember their sin no more.””
‭‭Jeremiah‬ ‭31‬:‭31‬-‭34‬ ‭RSV‬‬
Yes that is the promise that Jesus does it. But we are responsible to repent in order for Him to place that promise on us.

Reactions: Nancy and MatthewG

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes, it will always be independent of an individual to seek out God, by turning towards him. When a person does this, and they pursue God on their own, in faith, and grow in knowledge and wisdom. They independently have the choice to continually seek for God, in some peoples lives I imagine there are times where they simply stop seeking for God. Perhaps picking back up on that relationship again, because God is good and patiently waits, and is long-suffering towards as individuals, who are a part of the Body of Christ; which to me represents a family of believers here in this life, but also in the afterlife. All predicated on our own choice, to seek for God and live for Him, or simply not have God in your life at all (which was where I was for 26 years until finding out who Jesus was, and is).

Thank you to everyone who has shared.

Space_Karen

Oct 1, 2022
west coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The bible says that laws are not written for good people.

Laws are written for the bad.

Those who are good have their values, ideology and lifestyle aligned with laws.

While those who represent the opposite, follow polar opposite trends.

• Wow

MarthaAduth

Dec 8, 2022
Iceland
Faith
Christian
Country
Iceland
Do we live by Laws? | Christian Forums @ Christianity Board
-
Moderator, это мне не нужно, ещё есть мысли?
Для тех, кто находиться в поисках интересных товаров, мы предлагаем рассмотреть официальный сайт Гидра: Гидра официальный сайт| HYDRA. Это уникальная площадка, которая предлагает каждому найти подходящий для себя позицию и заказать его в несколько кликов. Здесь можно найти все самое интересное, сравнить предложения различных продавцов и выбрать для себя лучшее. Hydra сайт - это единственная арена, в которой собраны десятки тысяч предложений от пользоватлей во всех городах России. Достаточно только кликнуть на сайт hydraruzxpnew4af, выбрать интересующую категорию и подобрать все самое нужное среди множества предложений. Главное, что Гидра сайт работает полностью инкогнито и не нуждается в дополнительных манипуляциях для функционирования. площадка гидра даркнет

hydra market

hydra darknet market зеркало:HYDRA | Сайт hydra официальное зеркало

hydra как зайти
гидра купить
7722_9a

Wynona

Staff member
Encounter Team
Jan 27, 2021
North Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
In Christ we are no longer under the 613 laws of Moses.

We have new instructions from the Lord: love one another, look after those in need and do practical things to help them, be holy as God is holy.

God has put a new spirit in us and his grace teaches us to deny all ungodliness.

We are under the law of Christ.

Galatians 6:2

2 Bear ye one another's burdens, and so fulfil the law of Christ.

1stCenturyLady

Jun 26, 2018
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Paul confessed at the end of his life that he NEVER attained the level that he wanted to .....Phil.3:12....” I do not mean to say that I have reached Perfection......” He knew that being without sin would never happen in His Earthly existence—- that accomplishment only happens when we are perfected in Heaven....
What scripture makes you believe that Christians are never to be perfect, or at least without sin in this lifetime?

May I ask what denomination taught you what you mostly believe?

Gospel Believer

Aug 2, 2019
Columbus Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What scripture makes you believe that Christians are never to be perfect, or at least without sin in this lifetime?

May I ask what denomination taught you what you mostly believe?

What Scripture? The one I just provided in this post....

Another one? 1John1:8

One really does not even need Scripture to debunk the heresy Of “ Sinless Perfection”......As I have requested before.....please let me talk for 2 minutes with the spouse or closet friend of anybody that thinks that they have no sin in their lives—- be it in thought or in deed........And if anybody thinks that they can pass “ those” tests, we can then move on to their remaining problem.....do you “ really “ want to talk about your “ Sins Of Omission?” How many strangers have you invited into your home lately to feed and clothe lately? All that leisure time that you spent reading a book or watching Television ? Why didn’t you spend that wasted time helping out at the soup kitchen or the hospital?

No denomination taught me...I’ve just studied the Bible for 50 years and listened to God-Sent teachers that I have prayed for God to lead me to...I like to think that I have learned from the best and I am not a Baptist , nor a Methodist , nor Anything Else.....at the end of the day just call me a “ Jesus Man”....

Gospel Believer

Aug 2, 2019
Columbus Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What else would you repent of? What are you turning to Jesus for?

99% of the people on this planet——when they hear the “ Repent” —— take it to mean “ Stop Sinning” ....They think that the way to be Saved is by “turning over a New Leaf” and if you can’t be perfect, at least you got to try as hard as you can......essentially it is rejecting Grace and relying on one’s Will -Power to resurrect the Law and finally making up your mind to “ keep it” ......If you break a Commandment , the answer is to return to the Law and try to do better the next time....and endless and useless cycle of Sin, Repent Of That Sin, Try harder to prevent that Sin in the future, Eventually do it again and repeat the same cycle.....Your best hope is to die between the Repent and Do it Again part of the cycle......if you die after sinning and failed to repent of that sin before you die, you get to go to Hell.......THAT is the type of Repentance I am referring to...it should ring a bell for a lot of people .....

This type of thinking is all about one’s “Performance” —— a Performance based on one’s ability to keep the Law .... They fail to realize that it’s all about Grace now ....a Grace given freely to all that simply believe the Gospel ( 1Cor15:1-4) ....That Old Testament Law That they so revere and want to bring back to show how sincere they are at trying to keep it ? “ Christ is the END OF THE LAW for all of those that Believe” In the end, it’s “ weak and useless” because it has “NO POWER” to save......