Do you “carry” while at church?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Lifelong_sinner

Sep 21, 2021
Somewhere in time
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Just curious if anyone conceal carry’s while at church?
What are your thoughts on this? They had church shooting a few years back down in texas and a church member was carrying and he stopped the bad guy. Is it ok to carry while at church?

Reactions: dev553344

Angelina

Prayer Warrior
Staff member
Admin
Feb 4, 2011
New Zealand
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
What are your thoughts on this? They had church shooting a few years back down in texas and a church member was carrying and he stopped the bad guy. Is it ok to carry while at church?
I cannot say personally because it is an offense to carry or be in possession of any firearms in a public place without the proper permits, in my country.

Reactions: Pearl

Lambano

Jul 13, 2021
Island of Misfit Toys
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Our previous pastor made it clear: No guns in the Sanctuary. Even though we've since changed pastors, my wife (who is has had more training and is a better shooter than I am) and I have honored that request. I don't carry anything more lethal than pepper spray in church. Though I might have something secured in the car...

A Baptist friend of mine (who shoots IDPA) was part of a trained Security team at his church. (The leader of the team is a certified firearms instructor.) The team was armed and trained on how to deal with situations like the one in Texas.

We had a Security consultant hired by the Conference come in and evaluate our security situation. His conclusion was that we'd be get more bang for the buck by having medical equipment at hand and having a team trained in first aid. And getting our 70-year-old building up to the current fire codes and having an evacuation plan in case of a fire. We're an elderly congregation, and we're far more likely to have someone get a heart attack during the service or start a fire with the candles than we are to have an active shooter.

Reactions: dev553344

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You know, I've been thinking about that lately. Going to church and getting an aggressor. I attend Catholic Mass service near my house and with the Roe vs Wade in limbo I kinda now wonder about it.

I don't carry because I have a mental illness. But I also don't want a rampage while I'm in service.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
do not resist an evil person.....Jesus Matthew 5:39

Explain that to your wife and kids when the Rapists come in, to steal, and use your wife and daughters.
Tell them, after their "experience". ( if they are not murdered) what you just told us.
Or is it better to own a Handgun, and protect your family?
=You seem to be clueless.

Maybe you should think a bit more about this issue, vs just posting the PC Lock Step, = propaganda that has no ability to understand a verse in the NT.

JohnPaul

Soldier of Jehovah and Christ
Jun 10, 2019
New Jersey
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This day and age one might have to.

Reactions: Ferris Bueller

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Explain that to your wife and kids when the Rapists come in, to steal, and use your wife and daughters.
Tell them, after their "experience". ( if they are not murdered) what you just told us.
Or is it better to own a Handgun, and protect your family?
=You seem to be clueless.

Maybe you should think a bit more about this issue, vs just posting the PC Lock Step, = propaganda that has no ability to understand a verse in the NT.
I suppose people like to make Jesus in their own image. Taking the things he said seriously is just too confronting and just does not compute with the carnal nature. The God Jesus presented is not the kind of God they can tolerate or want.

They want a Jesus who is pliable and sanctions violence.... the scriptures being interpreted to that end.

Jesus' sermon on the mount in Mathew 5 is seminal. Here he lays out the principles of the Kingdom of God....the very core of his mission and ultimately gave his life for it.

Reactions: Brakelite

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I wonder why Peter carried a sword??

Then Simon Peter drew his sword and struck the servant of the high priest, cutting off his right ear. Matt 26
Because he didn't understand Jesus' mission. This understanding dawned on him after the resurrection.

Reactions: Pisteuo

JohnPaul

Jun 10, 2019
New Jersey
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It's sad we even have to think about things like this while going to church or fellowship.

JohnPaul

Jun 10, 2019
New Jersey
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
it's indicative of not understanding Jesus' mission
With all these mass shootings and there will be more, believe me, people want their 15 minutes of fames, even nutcases.

While I don't believe in bringing weapons into a place of worship, perhaps it would be better to have an armed guard of Police officer present at the door in case one of these crazies decides to walk in and start shooting everyone.

Brakelite

Feb 6, 2020
Melbourne
brakelite.wordpress.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
It's a sad commentary on modern Christianity when on the back of one unsavory incident we now walk in fear and need to even discuss this. Soon you'll be frisking everyone as the enter church, or buying a second hand xray machine from the local airport.

Lifelong_sinner

Sep 21, 2021
Somewhere in time
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It's sad we even have to think about things like this while going to church or fellowship.

true, but trying to pretend that just because we wouldnt do something awful like that, others wont either is a luxury we cant follow. Its a dangerous world out there.