Do you believe in aliens?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Do you believe in aliens?

• Yes

Votes: 1 7.7%
  • No

Votes: 2 15.4%
  • Aliens are demons

Votes: 9 69.2%
  • Unsure

Votes: 1 7.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

friend of

Sep 22, 2018
B.C.
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Do you believe that aliens from another solar system/galaxy exist and have come to earth?

[I used to, but no longer do]

Does the bible mention aliens? If so, where?

[I don't believe so]

If aliens exist, are they actually demons/fallen angels?

[I do believe so]

Will there be an end-times Alien themed deception?

[I do believe so]

Don't forget to use the poll!

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
As a kid I saw some things that cannot be dismissed or explained away in earthly terms.

There's still classified information out there on this topic. I worked in intelligence so I know.

The bible speaks of demonic signs and wonders in the sky.

But aliens from another planet? No.
I reckon Cord Meyer and others from CIA could have told a lot...

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
If aliens are demons, explain ezekiel. Revelations from demons??:eek:
Clearly in Hebrews 1 there are ministering spirits - angels - which are active. There are also fallen angels.

"Greater is He that is in you, than he that is in the world" is a good reminder.

Reactions: Acolyte

Acolyte

Oct 7, 2018
Midwest/usa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Clearly in Hebrews 1 there are ministering spirits - angels - which are active. There are also fallen angels.

"Greater is He that is in you, than he that is in the world" is a good reminder.
I guess what I meant was.. both were possible, angels and demons.. I certainly won't get on the ship.

Reactions: Nancy and Helen

lforrest

Staff member
Admin
Aug 10, 2012
Faith
Christian
I heard the bad movie "Signs" was based on this concept. But the demonic aspects of it were removed from the movie... Cause Hollywood.

Reactions: Nancy

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I flip flop on this.
I would believe first, before believing that they are from another planet ...it's much more likely to be something to do with Government within Government , than aliens from space.

There have been so many stories.So many sightings etc.
So I have to say that I do not know.

Yet, just because God has not told us about the many galaxies..why on earth should be think that God has revealed ALL to us?
Why are so we arrogant to believe that what he has done for our tiny planet , that He hasn't done something similar elsewhere?

Eternity is a long endless time LOL contradiction there! = No 'time'!

We are but dust, we really " know" next to nothing...

I do NOT believe at all that 'they' are demons. I think that is a silly argument.

Reactions: Nancy

CoreIssue

Oct 15, 2018
USA
christiantalkzone.net
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Read Jude. Fallen angels are chained in a pit. Demons are something else.

CoreIssue

Oct 15, 2018
USA
christiantalkzone.net
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I flip flop on this.
I would believe first, before believing that they are from another planet ...it's much more likely to be something to do with Government within Government , than aliens from space.

There have been so many stories.So many sightings etc.
So I have to say that I do not know.

Yet, just because God has not told us about the many galaxies..why on earth should be think that God has revealed ALL to us?
Why are so we arrogant to believe that what he has done for our tiny planet , that He hasn't done something similar elsewhere?

Eternity is a long endless time LOL contradiction there! = No 'time'!

We are but dust, we really " know" next to nothing...

I do NOT believe at all that 'they' are demons. I think that is a silly argument.
I work in intelligence. They're not government in government.

Also studied them historically. The records stretche back thousands of years and are consistent.

But why do you dismiss demons?

As for aliens, that introduces interplanetary sin, intergalactic salvation.

As that as well if there were alien worlds they will also be wiped out and replaced by the new heaven.

True non starters.

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Read Jude. Fallen angels are chained in a pit. Demons are something else.

I'd always thought they were one and the same.
I don't see anything in scripture that shows their beginning...so where did demons come from, and why? They do the bidding of Satan...so they are his army. We are actually told very little..right?

Reactions: Acolyte and Nancy
D

Dave L

“the sons of God saw that the daughters of humankind were beautiful. Thus they took wives for themselves from any they chose.” (Genesis 6:2) (NET)

The Hebrew phrase translated “sons of God” (בְנֵי־הָאֱלֹהִים, béne-ha’elohim) occurs only here (Gen 6:2, 4) and in Job 1:6; 2:1; 38:7. There are three major interpretations of the phrase here. (1) In the Book of Job the phrase clearly refers to angelic beings. In Gen 6 the “sons of God” are distinct from “humankind,” suggesting they were not human. This is consistent with the use of the phrase in Job. Since the passage speaks of these beings cohabiting with women, they must have taken physical form or possessed the bodies of men. An early Jewish tradition preserved in 1 En. 6–7 elaborates on this angelic revolt and even names the ringleaders. (2) Not all scholars accept the angelic interpretation of the “sons of God,” however. Some argue that the “sons of God” were members of Seth’s line, traced back to God through Adam in Gen 5, while the “daughters of humankind” were descendants of Cain. But, as noted above, the text distinguishes the “sons of God” from humankind (which would include the Sethites as well as the Cainites) and suggests that the “daughters of humankind” are human women in general, not just Cainites. (3) Others identify the “sons of God” as powerful tyrants, perhaps demon-possessed, who viewed themselves as divine and, following the example of Lamech (see Gen 4:19), practiced polygamy. But usage of the phrase “sons of God” in Job militates against this view. For literature on the subject see G. J. Wenham, Genesis (WBC), 1:135.

Biblical Studies Press. (2005). The NET Bible First Edition; Bible. English. NET Bible.; The NET Bible. Biblical Studies Press.

CoreIssue

Oct 15, 2018
USA
christiantalkzone.net
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sons of god are those in a relationship with God. Daughters of man are those not in relationship with God.

Angels cannot reproduce nor are they male or female.

As for nephelim, Goliath was a nephelim.

Since that fallen angels were already chained in the pit, it also eliminates that thinking.

Think about it, it smells completely of human invention.

D

Dave L

Sons of god are those in a relationship with God. Daughters of man are those not in relationship with God.

Angels cannot reproduce nor are they male or female.

As for nephelim, Goliath was a nephelim.

Since that fallen angels were already chained in the pit, it also eliminates that thinking.

Think about it, it smells completely of human invention.
I haven't settled in on this yet. but when Christian men marry unbelievers, they don't produce giants like these did.

CoreIssue

Oct 15, 2018
USA
christiantalkzone.net
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I haven't settled in on this yet. but when Christian men marry unbelievers, they don't produce giants like these did.

Joshua 12:4 New International Version (NIV)
4 And the territory of Og king of Bashan, one of the last of the Rephaites, who reigned in Ashtaroth and Edrei.

Numbers 13:30-33 New International Version (NIV)
30 Then Caleb silenced the people before Moses and said, “We should go up and take possession of the land, for we can certainly do it.”

31 But the men who had gone up with him said, “We can’t attack those people; they are stronger than we are.” 32 And they spread among the Israelites a bad report about the land they had explored. They said, “The land we explored devours those living in it. All the people we saw there are of great size. 33 We saw the Nephilim there (the descendants of Anak come from the Nephilim). We seemed like grasshoppers in our own eyes, and we looked the same to them.”

30 Then Caleb silenced the people before Moses and said, “We should go up and take possession of the land, for we can certainly do it.”

31 But the men who had gone up with him said, “We can’t attack those people; they are stronger than we are.” 32 And they spread among the Israelites a bad report about the land they had explored. They said, “The land we explored devours those living in it. All the people we saw there are of great size. 33 We saw the Nephilim there (the descendants of Anak come from the Nephilim). We seemed like grasshoppers in our own eyes, and we looked the same to them.”

D

Dave L

Joshua 12:4 New International Version (NIV)
4 And the territory of Og king of Bashan, one of the last of the Rephaites, who reigned in Ashtaroth and Edrei.

It seems odd that believers mating with unbelievers would make such a splash of giants in the days of old, if you are right.

CoreIssue

Oct 15, 2018
USA
christiantalkzone.net
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It seems odd that believers mating with unbelievers would make such a splash of giants in the days of old, if you are right.
We're not told every detail so we just have to accept it.

Remember, it also says they became men of renown, which is also unexplained.