Do You Believe What The Four Horsemen Of The Apocalypse Represent Has Begun Already On Earth?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Kaz

Apr 18, 2021
New Brunswick
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
It's my belief that we won't see physical horsemen entering earth from the sky, but do you believe that maybe one or even all of what they seem to represent has begun to happen to us on earth, which I find pretty disturbing to be honest.

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It's my belief that we won't see physical horsemen entering earth from the sky, but do you believe that maybe one or even all of what they seem to represent has begun to happen to us on earth, which I find pretty disturbing to be honest.

Actually yes. While I could always be wrong here (it's speculation), I am still under the sneaking suspicion that the first horseman could have been Covid, and that it is not going away.

But time will tell, as we will have to see if the other three start following on its heals in the next few years. Whatever the case, I don't believe we will be seeing the return of Christ anytime soon even if they do. I believe the Four Horsemen actually precede the time of the Tribulation by many decades.

Reactions: Kaz

Kaz

Apr 18, 2021
New Brunswick
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Actually yes. While I could always be wrong here (it's speculation), I am still under the sneaking suspicion that the first horseman could have been Covid, and that it is not going away.

But time will tell, as we will have to see if the other three start following on its heals in the next few years. Whatever the case, I don't believe we will be seeing the return of Christ anytime soon even if they do. I believe the Four Horsemen actually precede the time of the Tribulation by many decades.
I agree. We think that we have Covid under control, but we don't know the future. We could be at the beginning of a disastrous pandemic. Far worse then anything we could ever imagine. I've heard that many believe the WH to be the Antichrist, but that's conjecture. If Covid is the first horseman then we have a real problem on our hands. At the same time, if you are right, it pleases me to see prophecy being fulfilled.

Reactions: Hidden In Him

Stumpmaster

Apr 5, 2009
Hamilton, New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
From my notes:
  • All that is revealed with the opening of the 7 Seals pertains to the natural wickedness of unregenerate humanity and God's Righteous Judgments upon it.
  • This theme is a thread that runs right through the Bible, and many passages in Revelation cross-reference with OT passages.
  • Only the Lamb that was Slain was worthy to open the seals, such is the polarisation between righteousness and unrighteousness. We join with the Heavenly Host in proclaiming "Worthy is the Lamb..."
  • The 4 Living Creatures have a connection with the Conquest, Conflict, Commodities, & Carnage themes assigned respectively to the 4 Horsemen of the Apocalypse.
  • John the Divine witnessed the opening of the 7 Seals by the Lamb who revealed things to come.
  • The symbolism of the horses speaks to the strength, speed, and stamina of God's Judgment as Conquest, Conflict, Commodities, and Carnage feature in the climax of the last days pressure.
I like the way the 4 living creatures each in their turn introduce the 4 horsemen. Just for my own interest I have paired them up in order, lion-like with white horse & rider, ox-like with bright red horse & rider, man-face with black horse & rider, eagle-flight with pale horse & rider.

Rev 4:6-7 and before the throne there was as it were a sea of glass, like crystal. And around the throne, on each side of the throne, are four living creatures, full of eyes in front and behind: (7) the first living creature like a lion, the second living creature like an ox, the third living creature with the face of a man, and the fourth living creature like an eagle in flight.

Rev 6:1-8 Now I watched when the Lamb opened one of the seven seals, and I heard one of the four living creatures say with a voice like thunder, "Come!" (2) And I looked, and behold, a white horse! And its rider had a bow, and a crown was given to him, and he came out conquering, and to conquer. (3) When he opened the second seal, I heard the second living creature say, "Come!" (4) And out came another horse, bright red. Its rider was permitted to take peace from the earth, so that people should slay one another, and he was given a great sword. (5) When he opened the third seal, I heard the third living creature say, "Come!" And I looked, and behold, a black horse! And its rider had a pair of scales in his hand. (6) And I heard what seemed to be a voice in the midst of the four living creatures, saying, "A quart of wheat for a denarius, and three quarts of barley for a denarius, and do not harm the oil and wine!" (7) When he opened the fourth seal, I heard the voice of the fourth living creature say, "Come!" (8) And I looked, and behold, a pale horse! And its rider's name was Death, and Hades followed him. And they were given authority over a fourth of the earth, to kill with sword and with famine and with pestilence and by wild beasts of the earth.

Last edited:

Sacred Word

Apr 24, 2021
NSW
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I believe that revelations was primarily written about the fall of Jerusalem in 70 AD. However it applies at various times throughout history. It certainly applies today.

Don't try to match everything in the prophecy up, just look for general themes, or try to find what actually fits without forcing it.

I find it fun to apply biblical prophecy to today, but just remember that it wasn't intended to refer to today's events.