Do you ever offer to help others to learn about Jesus only to be rejected?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Patrick1966

Dec 21, 2022
Orlando, Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
My great-niece has a son that's nearly two. I found a nice, age-appropriate, Christian storybook for toddlers. It's a sturdy book that can't be torn apart, as toddlers are prone to do. Anyway, I asked my niece if she would like to have it for her son. She said "We're not really religious" and so I said "Ok, well then I guess I won't buy it".

A short time later I sent her the following message:

I don't want to be "that guy" that shoves his religion down your throat. I DO encourage you and Danny to learn about Jesus and to try and follow his teachings. I am definitely NOT a "holy roller". I sin every hour of every day. The point is that I need Jesus because I KNOW that I'm a filthy, no-good, sinner.
1f642.png
There is a saying that, the closer a couple is to Jesus, the closer they will be to one another. Believing in and at least trying to follow Jesus is the best foundation you and your family can ever have. I will also tell you that children that are raised to believe in Jesus are FAR less likely to commit suicide, drink, do drugs, or get invovled in crime. The absolute BEST thing you can EVER do for Luke is to teach him about Jesus and to teach him to live a life that is pleasing to Jesus. If and when you want any help in this regard I am more than happy and willing to help you, Danny, and Luke to know about Jesus. Otherwise I won't bring it up again.
1f642.png
May God bless you, Danny, and Luke, Lauren.

I've not received any response. For me, that's sad. It's sad that she apparently has no interest in learning about, let alone, following Jesus. Of course, once upon a time I too may have had a similar response or, rather, non-response.

• Love
Reactions: Debp

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
My great-niece has a son that's nearly two. I found a nice, age-appropriate, Christian storybook for toddlers. It's a sturdy book that can't be torn apart, as toddlers are prone to do. Anyway, I asked my niece if she would like to have it for her son. She said "We're not really religious" and so I said "Ok, well then I guess I won't buy it".

A short time later I sent her the following message:

I don't want to be "that guy" that shoves his religion down your throat. I DO encourage you and Danny to learn about Jesus and to try and follow his teachings. I am definitely NOT a "holy roller". I sin every hour of every day. The point is that I need Jesus because I KNOW that I'm a filthy, no-good, sinner.
1f642.png
There is a saying that, the closer a couple is to Jesus, the closer they will be to one another. Believing in and at least trying to follow Jesus is the best foundation you and your family can ever have. I will also tell you that children that are raised to believe in Jesus are FAR less likely to commit suicide, drink, do drugs, or get invovled in crime. The absolute BEST thing you can EVER do for Luke is to teach him about Jesus and to teach him to live a life that is pleasing to Jesus. If and when you want any help in this regard I am more than happy and willing to help you, Danny, and Luke to know about Jesus. Otherwise I won't bring it up again.
1f642.png
May God bless you, Danny, and Luke, Lauren.

I've not received any response. For me, that's sad. It's sad that she apparently has no interest in learning about, let alone, following Jesus. Of course, once upon a time I too may have had a similar response or, rather, non-response.
Ohhhh Patrick, with respect, you have done the very thing you have set out not to do.