Do you know what capitulate means?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

KingdomCome

Sep 13, 2010
To me, in general and in Christianity, capitulate (or capitulation) means that we have succumbed to the ways of the world, in that, our Christian paradigm, is to look back into history to prove the value of the Words of God given to us by Christ Jesus. I know that we are to look (if we are truly born again) at and seek "first" the coming Kingdom of God and HIS Righteousness. By so doing, we can truly prove the value of HIS Words to the world — and not the words of the likes of me.

Christ Jesus said:
KJV Mt 6:33 But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you.

KJV Mt 12:28 But if I cast out devils by the Spirit of God, then the kingdom of God is come unto you.

KJV Joh 3:3 Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God.

KJV Joh 3:7 Marvel not that I said unto thee, Ye must be born again.

Peter said:
KJV 1Pe 1:23 Being born again, not of corruptible seed, but of incorruptible, by the word of God, which liveth and abideth for ever.

Heb 4:
9 There remaineth therefore a rest to the people of God.
10 For he that is entered into his rest, he also hath ceased from his own works, as God did from his.
11 Let us labour therefore to enter into that rest, lest any man fall after the same example of unbelief.

Tell us about the Kingdom of God so our eye may be single, and not the presumed historical proofs in the doctrine of man — when we look the other way, toward the Kingdom, we see only the Glory of God and never any darkness.

Blessings to all...

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
To me, in general and in Christianity, capitulate (or capitulation) means that we have succumbed to the ways of the world, in that, our Christian paradigm, is to look back into history to prove the value of the Words of God given to us by Christ Jesus. I know that we are to look (if we are truly born again) at and seek "first" the coming Kingdom of God and HIS Righteousness. By so doing, we can truly prove the value of HIS Words to the world — and not the words of the likes of me.

Christ Jesus said:
KJV Mt 6:33 But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you.

KJV Mt 12:28 But if I cast out devils by the Spirit of God, then the kingdom of God is come unto you.

KJV Joh 3:3 Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God.

KJV Joh 3:7 Marvel not that I said unto thee, Ye must be born again.

Peter said:
KJV 1Pe 1:23 Being born again, not of corruptible seed, but of incorruptible, by the word of God, which liveth and abideth for ever.

Heb 4:
9 There remaineth therefore a rest to the people of God.
10 For he that is entered into his rest, he also hath ceased from his own works, as God did from his.
11 Let us labour therefore to enter into that rest, lest any man fall after the same example of unbelief.

Tell us about the Kingdom of God so our eye may be single, and not the presumed historical proofs in the doctrine of man — when we look the other way, toward the Kingdom, we see only the Glory of God and never any darkness.

Blessings to all...

Amen! :)

[email protected]

Choir Loft
Apr 2, 2009
West Central Florida
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States

You're preaching to the choir as far as I'm concerned.

The next thought that comes to mind is, How do we reverse this trend?

....or is it even possible to do so?

Could this be evidence of the great falling away that was predicted?

KingdomCome

Sep 13, 2010
Are you born again? Can you see the Kingdom of God? Can you tell the rest of us what you see?

John 3:
1 There was a man of the Pharisees, named Nicodemus, a ruler of the Jews:
2 The same came to Jesus by night, and said unto him, Rabbi, we know that thou art a teacher come from God: for no man can do these miracles that thou doest, except God be with him.
3 Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God.
4 Nicodemus saith unto him, How can a man be born when he is old? can he enter the second time into his mother’s womb, and be born?
5 Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God.
6 That which is born of the flesh is flesh; and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit.
7 Marvel not that I said unto thee, Ye must be born again.

Lu 17:21 Neither shall they say, Lo here! or, lo there! for, behold, the kingdom of God is within you.

The Kingdom of God is not "Lo here! or, lo there!" — So, what do you see when you are born again? What can you tell me about this?....

———————————————————————————————————————————————————————

1492 eidw eido i'-do or
oida oida oy'-da

a root word; TDNT - 5:116, 673; v

KJV - know 281, cannot tell + 3756 8, know how 7, wist 6, misc 19, see 314, behold 17, look 6, perceive 5, vr see 3, vr know 1; 667

1) to see
1a) to perceive with the eyes
1b) to perceive by any of the senses
1c) to perceive, notice, discern, discover
1d) to see
1d1) i.e. to turn the eyes, the mind, the attention to anything
1d2) to pay attention, observe
1d3) to see about something 1d31) i.e. to ascertain what must be done about it
1d4) to inspect, examine
1d5) to look at, behold
1e) to experience any state or condition
1f) to see i.e. have an interview with, to visit
2) to know
2a) to know of anything
2b) to know, i.e. get knowledge of, understand, perceive
2b1) of any fact
2b2) the force and meaning of something which has definite meaning
2b3) to know how, to be skilled in
2c) to have regard for one, cherish, pay attention to (1Th 5:12)

Blessings...

KingdomCome

Sep 13, 2010
I can see the Kingdom of God that is within me. I see the Light and the Glory and the Spirit of God manifest in the flesh of every person on this earth. I can see that I must continue and never fail to tell every male and female I come in contact with about the Gospel of the Kingdom of God and the righteousness of God. I must tell everyone about the place in our Spirit that is without darkness — where there is only life forevermore.

Thanks be to Christ Jesus the Lamb, the Light and the Glory and the temple of God the Father in the Kingdom.

What a blessing to be born again...

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I see that the kingdom of God is love that surrounds us! I see many men fear and close their hearts to being vulnerable to this love. But I embrace this vulnerability and open my heart to be indwelt by the Lord.

I have experienced Zion by opening my heart. I see that when our hearts are enlarged enough, God comes in and makes His abode there. We grow into Zion!

Maran atha!