Do you know why I know that true Christianity is the truth religion?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

afaithfulone4u

Dec 7, 2012
California
Because it is the only religion that gives us life. How you may ask?
The Spirit is the Breath of life and Jesus is the Word of life and both of these are One for Jesus said:

John 6:63
63 It is the spirit that quickeneth; the flesh profiteth nothing: the words that I speak unto you, they are spirit, and they are life.
KJV

We understand that the Father is SPIRIT and His name YHVH and when you say it like this as you breath in then out YHHHHHH...... VHHHH..... it is as a breath from Him to us.

The Spirit is the teacher and our helper that comes from God and no other religion has the ability to give us the Word and Spirit of God but by believing upon Christ to receive the Word first for no one can come to the Father, but by him. When he died and paid our debt we were brought close to the Father because the Spirit that Adam died to that day, was once again available for who so ever will, to receive within us and to RAISE US UP in our standards of a immoral way that was leadin us to death, to walk in the Word and grow in Christ as a person of integrity, good character as a child of God and newness of life and the one new man in Christ, no longer of the devils spawn.
Rom 8:2
2 For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus hath made me free from the law of sin and death.
KJV
Rev 11:11 And after three days and an half the Spirit of life from God entered into them, and they stood upon their feet; and great fear fell upon them which saw them.
KJV
1 John 1:1 That which was from the beginning, which we have heard, which we have seen with our eyes, which we have looked upon, and our hands have handled, of the Word of life;
2(For the life was manifested, and we have seen it, and bear witness, and shew unto you that eternal life, which was with the Father, and was manifested unto us;)
KJV

Jesus is the Word who agreed to take on a sinful flesh body, for the Father and for us. He is the Seed of God for the Seed is the Word that we must allow to indwell in our hearts to be transformed by the renewing of out minds into the image of THE WORD or The Christ as a child of God.
1 Peter 1:23
23 Being born again, not of corruptible seed, but of incorruptible, by the word of God, which liveth and abideth for ever.
KJV
Luke 8:11-12
11 Now the parable is this: The seed is the word of God.
12 Those by the way side are they that hear; then cometh the devil, and taketh away the word out of their hearts, lest they should believe and be saved.
KJV

1 John 3:5-8
5 And ye know that he was manifested to take away our sins; and in him is no sin. {NOT ONLY HIDE THEN BUT TAKE THEM AWAY SO WE DO THEM NO MORE}
6 Whosoever abideth in him sinneth not: whosoever sinneth hath not seen him, neither known him.
7 Little children, let no man deceive you: he that doeth righteousness is righteous, even as he is righteous.
8 He that committeth sin is of the devil; for the devil sinneth from the beginning. For this purpose the Son of God was manifested, that he might destroy the works of the devil.
9 Whosoever is born of God doth not commit sin; for his seed remaineth in him: and he cannot sin, because he is born of God.
10 In this the children of God are manifest, and the children of the devil: whosoever doeth not righteousness is not of God, neither he that loveth not his brother.
KJV
It was not the Father who died on the cross, it was His Word whom He forsook... for our sakes. He removed all the added laws due to transgressing His orignal 10 which are the foundation of all things, for our order and good and peaceable lives.
But when He raised His Word back up on the 3rd day, the 10 commandments were condensed to 2, which if done correctly, fulfill all 10 of the original laws written in the "STONE", but hopefully are now planted in our hearts, no longer just a hearer, but a doer of THE WORD. He is the Stone that they of the old covenant rejected and so another way of salvation had to come... Christ our savior being the Word that changes us and our helper the Spirit to reveal to us how to overcome our fleshly sinful ways, no longer captive to fall again for the devil's temptations.
Col 2:14
14 Blotting out the handwriting of ordinances that was against us, which was contrary to us, and took it out of the way, nailing it to his cross;
KJV

1 John 5:7
7 For there are three that bear record in heaven, the Father, the Word, and the Holy Ghost: and these three are one.
KJV

Blessings

Warrior

Apr 18, 2012
afaithfulone4u said:
Greetings Inmate,
I wondered about your name, is it because you are a prisoner of Christ?
I gave my life to Jesus now... broke my ties from the world. So I am in a prison because All I want now is to go home and Talk to Jesus in person, And I am stuck in this world

Get it?

afaithfulone4u

Dec 7, 2012
California
Inmate said:
I gave my life to Jesus now... broke my ties from the world. So I am in a prison because All I want now is to go home and Talk to Jesus in person, And I am stuck in this world

Get it?
That is exactly my chains as well.
I am a boring person to the world because all I want to do is hear from God and so I can talk about God and His Word and His mighty works.
Captive audience to One, Christ, the living Word, to renew my mind to the things of God to be formed into his IMAGE

Blessings

Guestman

Nov 11, 2009
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Logic dictates that there can be only one true religion, just as only one specific key can unlock a door or one specific set of numbers can unlock a safe. In the plethora of religions around the world, with professed Christian religions (of over 41,000 different denominations and sects) with a membership of more than 2 billion, along with the Muslim religion (composed of both Shiite and Sunni) that has a membership of about 1.6 billion, along with Hindus numbering almost 1 billion and Buddhists amounting to almost 400 million, it is easy to become lost amidst the wide array of religious teachings.

Therefore, how can a person identify the one true religion ? What is it that the true religion should instill in people ? Love or hate ? Isolation or a willingness to help others to know the true God ? Muslims call God "Allah", meaning in Arabic "The God" and is found the Koran 2, 700 times. The churches of Christendom call God by either "God" or "Lord". Yet every person has a name but God remains nameless ? This goes contrary to logic. Thus, what is God's name ?

Only the Bible provides logical information concerning God, that he has a name---Jehovah.(Ex 3:15; 6:3; Ps 83:18; Isa 12:2; 26:4) This holy name is found almost 7000 times in the Hebrew Scriptures of the Bible, commonly called the Old Testament. It is found more times in the Bible than the combined titles of God and Lord that apply to him. In the Bible book of Jeremiah, Jeremiah says of God: "Alas, O Sovereign Lord Jehovah ! Here you yourself have made the heavens and the earth by your great power and by your outstretched arm."(Jer 32:17)

Thus, the true religion would honor and glorify Jehovah God as our Creator. How ? At Titus 2:14, a Bible writer and lawyer said that God's Son named Jesus Christ delivered "us (or true Christians) from every sort of lawlessness and cleanse for himself a people peculiarly his own, zealous for fine works."

Hence, a person of the true religion would honor Jehovah by being clean of all false religious teachings and doctrines that are promoted among the plethora of religions on the earthly scene, zealous for the fine works that is a part of true worship, following in Jesus "footsteps" (1 Pet 2:21) by making known what he taught others, "the good news of the kingdom."(Matt 24:14)

Another Bible writer had written down that Jehovah "turned his attention to the nations to take out of them a people for his name" (Acts 15:14) and that a person of the "pure religion" would be "unspotted from the world "(James 1:27, King James Bible) and then stated that anyone who violated this clean standing would be considered as an "adulteress" and "enemy of God".(James 4:4)

Yet the churches of Christendom, as well as Muslims, as well almost all religions of the world mix with the political arena, involving themselves in some form or fashion in the "world", favoring this or that government and often "cozying " up to the political leaders.

That this is the case, can be seen in the Bible book of Revelation, whereby all false religions are seen as a "harlot" that is promiscuous, and "with whom the kings of the earth committed fornication, whereas those who inhabit the earth were made drunk with the wine of her of fornication".(Rev 17:2) Hence, religions of the world have committed "fornication" with "the kings of the earth", or with the churches of Christendom, committed ' adultery' with the earth's political leaders.