Do you need peace in your life?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Mantis

Nov 2, 2020
The wilderness
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
One of the most profound benefits of my christian experience has been the peace that God has given me. My life before christianity was filled with anxiety and fear. Anxiety is horrible. I lived with the fear of uncertainty and insecurity in life. I used to freak out when bad things would happen, which just seemed to bring more bad things to fruition as negativity breeds negativity.

Stress, financial problems, housing crisis, unemployment. Worry, worry worry. Constant worry. Always thinking, dwelling on things, on problems. That was my life and it sucked.

Nowadays I have peace. I don't worry, I don't stress. Of course bad things still happen but it just doesn't affect me like it used to. God is in control of everything, including the good and bad things that come into our lives. We are not in control, God is. All of these trials are temporary. Once you come to this conclusion you realize that all of these earthly problems will happen to the lost and the saved. But he will be with us in our trials and we have the hope of a future free of all of the effect of sin. We just need to lean on God and give him all of your worry, fear and anxiety.

In God we trust.

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hi Mantis,
What you describe here could have come out of my own mouth. Never understood that "peace that surpasses all understanding" until I let go and just surrendered. It is awesome to never ever worry about those things again, such a relief! When our faith reaches the place where we never worry about those things, what a gift!
Good post :)

Mayflower

Jul 14, 2018
Bluffton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Praise the Lord, brother. Thank you for your testimony. As one who deals with anxiety off and on, I completely agree with you how much better it is in Christ Jesus. Those fears and insecurities are easy to get back into at times, but the more our eyes are on Jesus "the things of earth will grow strangely dim in the light of your glory and grace."