Do you really think you live up to the righteousness of Christ?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

brionne

May 31, 2010
Australia
no way!

Jesus was perfect in everything he said and did. I dont know about anyone else, but i surely am far from perfect.

Prentis

May 25, 2011
Montreal, Qc
I can't not in my strength, and I surely am not doing it now.

But with God all things are possible. Christ is the power in us to overcome. We can walk like him! That's the beauty of the Gospel!

He has made us free to go to him and become like him! :)

Of course, we need lots of training... I know I do. Christ says 'no learner is greater than his master (referring to himself), but a learner after he is fully trained is as his master.'

We must put our faith in Christ, that indeed he can overcome. If by the Spirit we crucify the deeds of the flesh, we will live.

Lord bless you all! :)

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes. I am pretty fantastic, you know!

hehe

7angels

Aug 13, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
yes it is possible.
nothing is impossible to those that believe(if you believe it is possible then it is achievable because nothing will happen if you cannotsee it in your mind or believe it possible) for ex, who believes they will be going to the moon? a little closer to home is goals. people without goals achieve very little for themselves. people with goals usually achieve them.

God changes us from glory to glory to glory(in other words God changes us a little at a time to become more like him)

Through Christ we can do all things(by ourselves we can do nothing but what God allows)

the word says we have all sinned but it does not say we must keep on sinning in order to get to heaven. we are to work to be like Christ who was sinless. so if we are to become more like Christ every day then we are to hate sin more and more. so at first you may be sinning once a minute but as you get better maybe you will sin once an hour or once a day or maybe even once a week and ect. i have grace for when i sin but it is not a license to sin. i should be working towards being a better person everyday.

depending upon your faith and your works will determine how far you can go. the word says with man things are impossible but with God all things are possible. since we have Christ with us and in us and we can do all things through Christ. then nothing should be impossible to us. if the word is not working in our lives then we need to examine what we are doing wrong that we are not getting what we ask for. because God never lies and if he promises things then you can count on them. so if God never lies and things are not going as the word tells us it should, then is it God's fault? or is it our fault that keeps the blessing from happening? everyone believes differently and depending on where you are in the Lord will determine what can happen in your life.

Prentis

May 25, 2011
Montreal, Qc
yes it is possible.
nothing is impossible to those that believe(if you believe it is possible then it is achievable because nothing will happen if you cannotsee it in your mind or believe it possible) for ex, who believes they will be going to the moon? a little closer to home is goals. people without goals achieve very little for themselves. people with goals usually achieve them.

God changes us from glory to glory to glory(in other words God changes us a little at a time to become more like him)

Through Christ we can do all things(by ourselves we can do nothing but what God allows)

the word says we have all sinned but it does not say we must keep on sinning in order to get to heaven. we are to work to be like Christ who was sinless. so if we are to become more like Christ every day then we are to hate sin more and more. so at first you may be sinning once a minute but as you get better maybe you will sin once an hour or once a day or maybe even once a week and ect. i have grace for when i sin but it is not a license to sin. i should be working towards being a better person everyday.

depending upon your faith and your works will determine how far you can go. the word says with man things are impossible but with God all things are possible. since we have Christ with us and in us and we can do all things through Christ. then nothing should be impossible to us. if the word is not working in our lives then we need to examine what we are doing wrong that we are not getting what we ask for. because God never lies and if he promises things then you can count on them. so if God never lies and things are not going as the word tells us it should, then is it God's fault? or is it our fault that keeps the blessing from happening? everyone believes differently and depending on where you are in the Lord will determine what can happen in your life.

Amen!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)

It's amazing how in one breath, a man can say that all things are possible with God, and in the other claim it's impossible for man to live holy.

Yet isn't that what Christ did, being fully man, he lived perfectly holy?

If we die to ourselves completely, it is no longer us who live, but Christ who lives in us, and Christ doesn't sin ;)

Robbie

Jan 4, 2011
Huntington Beeach
You say it's all God and then you say it's up to you dieing to yourself... sounds to me like that's all you just being this amazing person that's willing to die for themselves... sure is a lot of glory for you... not so much for God... since without you being the one who's willing to die you can't be saved... actually... sounds like you're saying it's you dieing that saves you... which sounds to me like you're trying to take credit for dieing for your own sins... no thank you... I'll stay way away from thinking any such thing...

It's not me dieing that saves me... it's Christ dieing that saved me... and that's about as good as I can do... to just give up and realize salvation is only by Him... it's all His glory... RECOGNIZE...

Prentis

May 25, 2011
Montreal, Qc
That is not what I said, Robbie. :)

Christ calls us, we have to heed the call. If we die to ourselves, even that can't be used to justify ourselves and say we are saved. I don't know yet, Robbie, if I will rise to eternal glory or eternal shame. I haven't finished my race. But the race requires that we die, that we run, and that we present ourselves to God as a living sacrifice. Thus in my frailty I attempt this, and I hope that God opens my eyes so that I see him and know him and understand who he is, so that I can be like.

It is all of him, because he called us, and he transforms us. But he only does it if we are faithfull and obedient. If obedience doesn't matter you'll have to throw out half of scripture. Even Christ's very words.

We do have a race to run Robbie. If we really love Him, and he's made a way for us, would we not walk in it? We would. Christ says 'if you deny me before men, I will deny you before the Father'. That is a fearful thing Robbie. He's taking to disciples.

Robbie

Jan 4, 2011
Huntington Beeach
You don't know yet because your faith isn't in Christ... it's in self... that's why you have no assurance... and you'll never have assurance that you are going to be in glory because you still think it's going to be your glory... Prentis... as long as it's about self you never will be saved... you will never be in glory... because the only glory we can ever rise in is His... and the only way we can ever be saved is by Him...

Until you acknowledge that you are in danger of the judgment... and I was wrong about you... you should fear God...

There's nothing you should be more afraid of than trying to stand in the presence of God in your own righteousness... if you do... YES... you will be cast out into outer darkness... because you've rejected the salvation that is in Christ alone.

All to His glory forever and ever!!!

Prentis

May 25, 2011
Montreal, Qc
My faith is in my self because I don't trust myself to be faithfull to the end? That's what you're telling me, Robbie.

And your faith is in God, because you trust YOURSELF to be faithful? That's what you're telling me. :)

Unless you believe in a magic Jesus that doesn't say things like 'to he who endures to the end...' ;)

Robbie

Jan 4, 2011
Huntington Beeach
Wow man... bummer... I said what I said... not what you're twisting my words into saying I said...

This is what I said...

You don't know yet because your faith isn't in Christ... it's in self... that's why you have no assurance... and you'll never have assurance that you are going to be in glory because you still think it's going to be your glory... Prentis... as long as it's about self you never will be saved... you will never be in glory... because the only glory we can ever rise in is His... and the only way we can ever be saved is by Him...

Until you acknowledge that you are in danger of the judgment... and I was wrong about you... you should fear God...

There's nothing you should be more afraid of than trying to stand in the presence of God in your own righteousness... if you do... YES... you will be cast out into outer darkness... because you've rejected the salvation that is in Christ alone.

Prentis

May 25, 2011
Montreal, Qc
You said it bro, in the bold part. :)
Wow man... bummer... I said what I said... not what you're twisting my words into saying I said...

This is what I said...

Again, do you deny what Jesus says, that 'he who endures to the end, he will be saved'? :)

With love in our Lord!

Robbie

Jan 4, 2011
Huntington Beeach
Once again... one sentence out of context with the full revelation of Christ ignored... you do realize the pattern we're in where you quote a scripture and I have to balance that scripture? do you realize the pattern you're following? Or has your pride completely blinded you?

He also said, "He who lives and believes in me shall never die"

What is it to endure to the end other than to never let your salvation be based on anything other than Christ alone...

By you adding works to your salvation you already haven't endured... you've already fallen from grace...

You've already put yourself in a place where you think you're going to stand in front of God in your own righteousness... and like I said... you should be afraid...

Prentis

May 25, 2011
Montreal, Qc
"He who lives and believes in me shall never die" Exactly, we have to live in him, make our abode there :)

What about Faith without works is dead?

Ephesians 2:10
For we are His workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared beforehand that we should walk in them.

Do you throw out that part too, Robbie? Yes, Christ has washed our old sins away, yes, he has given us a new chance. But that's so that we might bear fruit to him, any tree that doesn't bear fruit WILL be cut off.

Colossians 1:10
that you may walk worthy of the Lord, fully pleasing Him, being fruitful in every good work and increasing in the knowledge of God;

Brother, you can't use one scripture to deny another.

Robbie

Jan 4, 2011
Huntington Beeach
As Jesus said... the work of God is to believe in the One He sent...

That's what I'm doing... and my faith is proven by my works as I continue to declare that it's Him and not me that saves me.

As I continue to point the glory to Him and not myself...

Oh wretched man that I am... who will deliver me? All Glory to Jesus Christ who is the deliver!!! Nothing of myself...

That's why I have assurance... because my assurance is Christ and not myself...

You are right in thinking you have no assurance... because as long as it's about you... you'll have no assurance... and yes... you should be afraid of standing in the presence of God clothed in your own righteousness...

Prentis

May 25, 2011
Montreal, Qc
Yes, our work is to believe in Him!

If a man came by and said 'you are in danger of death, follow me, and I will bring you safely to a haven (pun intended :lol:)', who, if they believed him, wouldn't follow him? "Oh, thanks for warning me, now that I know, I'll be safe here." That man would then not follow Christ, and have 'faith' without works.

We are to follow Christ and his commandments, otherwise we prove ourselves not to have believed him! To have dead faith, without works!

Robbie

Jan 4, 2011
Huntington Beeach
I do follow Him... and as I follow Him I see the wretchedness of myself... and I see the perfection of Him... and I give Him all the glory for my salvation... and recognize Him alone as my righteousness... which is why I have assurance of salvation... because it's about Him... not me...

Prentis

May 25, 2011
Montreal, Qc
We can be like him, Robbie. It is nothing of ourselves, but he can live through us! That is the power of the Gospel, that through him our old life can be put to death and we can walk by the new creation!

But we have no assurance we will remain faithful in that, as he says, 'to he who overcomes'!

As Paul says, 'not as though I had already attained, but I press on...' A race is not finished until you pass the finish line, my brother, so it is with our lives :)