Do you wear/like distressed/ripped jeans? (Poll also...)

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Do you wear/like distressed/ripped jeans?

• I have my ideas but would rather not say

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
On another thread @Pearl and I were discussing distressed/ripped jeans, and rather than take over someone else's thread, it seemed better to talk here instead.....

Pearl said:
Do you wear them or even like ripped jeans. I was taught not to wear rags and I feel sorry for those that have no option but to turn a perfectly good pair of jeans into rags . . . . . ?

TLHKAJ

Sep 12, 2020
US
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It depends on how distressed and how modest/immodest they are. I don't like seeing someone in pants full of strategically placed holes with lots of skin showing.

Reactions: amadeus

Lambano

Jul 13, 2021
Island of Misfit Toys
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@LearningToLetGo Thanks for your comment. (Apparently there is quite some skill in getting the rip done just right.)
The waitress at the restaurant my wife and I ate at last week wore a pair of jeans that was ripped from calf to crotch. If she hadn't been wearing a pair of lacy nylons underneath them, I would've called the police and paramedics to report the unfortunate victim of a vicious sexual assault.

Reactions: TLHKAJ and Dropship

Stan B

Jul 21, 2019
Toronto
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
It can't be both. If it is "ripped" then your muscularity must be amazing. And those who are muscular simply brush off stress since they are the predators.:cool:
Having spent most of the last two years in hospital with major spinal and abdominal surgery, my muscular has been cut up rather cut up pretty extensively, not to mention all the isolative accompanying emotional stress.

Rita

Staff member
Dec 20, 2020
South
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
No I don’t choose to wear ripped jeans because in my mind I see them as damaged. However it’s fashion for the younger generations , a trend. So, I guess another question to ask is do people follow trends, and at some stage in our lifetimes we have……..
My ex use to be a carpet fitter, he had distressed jeans even before the trend came about as the knees on the jeans always went into holes. Rita

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Having spent most of the last two years in hospital with major spinal and abdominal surgery, my muscular has been cut up rather cut up pretty extensively, not to mention all the isolative accompanying emotional stress.
Sorry to hear that Stan. And I was just joking.

Reactions: Stan B

Dropship

Jun 2, 2022
Plymouth UK
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Jeans (whether ripped or not) are too uncomfortable for me because I don't like the harsh material, I much prefer loose slightly baggy jogging pant-type things. Here's a sensational vid of me in action on Plymouth UK seafront under my strategy gaming name 'PoorOldSpike', play it fullscreen for maximum dramatic effect..:)

Reactions: dev553344

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
No I don’t choose to wear ripped jeans because in my mind I see them as damaged. However it’s fashion for the younger generations , a trend. So, I guess another question to ask is do people follow trends, and at some stage in our lifetimes we have……..
My ex use to be a carpet fitter, he had distressed jeans even before the trend came about as the knees on the jeans always went into holes. Rita
@Rita Thank-you for your thoughtful comment. I guess this is exactly the sort of thing I had in mind when the thread and poll were started. In the end like you say it's a fashion trend (and not unlike ones with haircuts, jewelry, tattoos, etc.)

I must confess that initially I did not like the concept of ripped jeans.

But then like you say many of the younger generation do like it and practise it very widely.

What I would also say is that while it would not be my choice, yet if someone near and dear to me had a preference for it, then I guess in time I would become so accustomed to seeing it. As, if I had a daughter and she was accustomed to wearing strategically slashed designer jeans, then I for one would not simply deride her (in the manner of some comments made above) but would likely instead come to recognize it for what it essentially is: a trend in which she and huge numbers of other young ppl participate.

Thank-you, again...

Last edited: