Does a Prayer have to be long?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Just Curious.
Absolutely not Rylan. 'Help' can be a prayer, or 'Thank you God'. Prayer is a conversation between us and God. There is nothing complicated about it. Don't get hung up on the 'how' or the 'where' or 'when'. Just as you have different types of conversations with your earthly dad - some short some long - your conversation with your Heavenly Father can be different and can take place anywhere and any time. And as part of those conversations you need also to listen 'cos they can also be two-sided.

Reactions: Rylan Moffitt

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Just Curious.

Say what you mean and mean what you say. No more, no less.

Now, that having been said, I hang around with Hispanics, and they can be quite long-winded in prayer. The thing is, when it is led of the Spirit, longer prayer actually has greater power in it. It brings the Presence of God down upon all in attendance. Only it usually only works when it is corporate prayer (i.e. when everyone is praying), and there has to be sufficient time to fully enter in.

Maybe more than what you were asking, but in general, only truly heart-felt and/or Spirit-led prayers will be heard.

God bless, and welcome to Christianity Board.
Hidden

Reactions: Rylan Moffitt

theophilus

Nov 13, 2012
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
A prayer can be any length. Peter once prayed a three word prayer.

But when he saw the wind, he was afraid, and beginning to sink he cried out, “Lord, save me.”
Matthew 14:30 ESV

Jesus often rose early in the morning so he could spend a great deal of time in prayer.