Does anyone here have some Jewish ancestry and if so

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Kaneda

Sep 15, 2020
Pincher Creek
Faith
Agnostic
Country
Egypt
I was just wondering if anyone here has Jewish ancestry at all and how it has influenced or affected their self identity and concept? I personally find it strange that I might have some Jewish ancestry as I do not really fit the stereotypes at all, by American standards I would be a pretty atypical male in some ways, a little rough and tumble and typically quite casual, t-shirts and jeans kind of, a little outdoorsy, but at the same time a little “alternative” into counter-culture and such. I grew up in the country so that also influenced me a lot as I have that way about me as well. It seems like most Jewish people live in large cities and spend all their time studying in school, I find it a little strange, that I might be like Jewish a bit and likewise Iranian/Asian, south and north Native American, but I am still also like German, Irish and Scottish as well *shrugs* that being that I have some peculiar tendencies, I think like the Hebrews in the bible are definitely my ethnicity a little bit, I think people see that sometimes, I can’t explain it but I seem kind of like a farmer sometimes, but not in a really “red neck way” hillbilly type of way. Like I look at paintings supposedly of the Hebrews in the old testament and I see myself in them a lot.

Josho

Millennial Christian
Staff member
Jul 19, 2015
The Land of Aus
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I was just wondering if anyone here has Jewish ancestry at all and how it has influenced or affected their self identity and concept? I personally find it strange that I might have some Jewish ancestry as I do not really fit the stereotypes at all, by American standards I would be a pretty atypical male in some ways, a little rough and tumble and typically quite casual, t-shirts and jeans kind of, a little outdoorsy, but at the same time a little “alternative” into counter-culture and such. I grew up in the country so that also influenced me a lot as I have that way about me as well. It seems like most Jewish people live in large cities and spend all their time studying in school, I find it a little strange, that I might be like Jewish a bit and likewise Iranian/Asian, south and north Native American, but I am still also like German, Irish and Scottish as well *shrugs* that being that I have some peculiar tendencies, I think like the Hebrews in the bible are definitely my ethnicity a little bit, I think people see that sometimes, I can’t explain it but I seem kind of like a farmer sometimes, but not in a really “red neck way” hillbilly type of way. Like I look at paintings supposedly of the Hebrews in the old testament and I see myself in them a lot.

Wow that is quite a mix. It doesn't sound too strange to me, to not fit the stereotypes. :)

And I don't have any Jewish ancestry that I know of.

Kaneda

Sep 15, 2020
Pincher Creek
Faith
Agnostic
Country
Egypt
Wow that is quite a mix. It doesn't sound too strange to me, to not fit the stereotypes. :)

And I don't have any Jewish ancestry that I know of.
Yes I suppose, I am mostly European though. I am only like 1% Iranian, thus they must have been ashkenazi Jews I guess but I do not know when they stopped believing in the religion, it must have been some time ago.

I forgot to mention I am Inuit as well, like 1% I guess.

That’s almost kind of what it felt like growing up in the country sometimes, it almost felt strangely like being in the Old Testament. I was around a fair amount of religious people, like mennonites and hudderites who are really devotedly religious and do not watch television or believe in electricity. My family was not really religious though, thus I do not know why it felt like that. The decor and buildings were old quite old and were somewhat 1950s era.

I guess that’s why religious people liked us, I am not sure what it as exactly but like our house and the lighting and furniture it all kind of made me feel that way. Likewise, I felt that from the mennonites, and hudderites but not alwas from more conventional religious people and congregations. I felt like they more abrasive and crass for some reason.
8468fa0f11bffd7465422e33c3ba46f9.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Truman and Josho