Does anyone still believe in a Resurrection?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Retrobyter

Oct 29, 2011
Tampa Bay, Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Shalom, everyone.

I don’t often take the initiative to start a topic because usually I’m busy trying to answer objections in a defensive posture. Today, I’m going on the offensive.

I was reading in Joshua chapters 13 through 21 about all the land that was promised to each of the tribes of Israel. The Land of Israel does NOT “belong” to them; all the Land belongs to YHWH! However, control over these territories was “leased,” so to speak, to each of the thirteen tribes (including Leviy and both sons of Yosef, Efrayim and Manasheh. YHWH GAVE them this Land, and not for a little while, but FOREVER!! Who’s going to say they can’t have it?!

Now, what do you believe about the Resurrection? Will the children of Israel be included in the Resurrection in which they believed PRIOR to Yeshua` coming onto the scene in the early 1st Century? I believe that it is UNDOUBTABLY TRUE that they will be participants in the Resurrection! So, when these people return to life LITERALLY AND PHYSICALLY, do you think there will be any hesitation on their part for them to reclaim what God had given them?

I believe that it can be shown that Yeshua` HIMSELF, as their new King and God’s Messiah, will help them reclaim their own land! He will reclaim their lands and expel the squatters who are there now.

Consider the words of Kaaleev (Caleb, although his name is pronounced “Kaw-LAVE"), quoting Mosheh (Moses), in chapter 14:

Joshua 14:6-15
6 Then the children of Judah came unto Joshua in Gilgal: and Caleb the son of Jephunneh the Kenezite said unto him, Thou knowest the thing that the LORD said unto Moses the man of God concerning me and thee in Kadesh-barnea.
7 Forty years old was I when Moses the servant of the LORD sent me from Kadesh-barnea to espy out the land; and I brought him word again as it was in mine heart.
8 Nevertheless my brethren that went up with me made the heart of the people melt: but I wholly followed the LORD my God.
9 And Moses sware on that day, saying, Surely the land whereon thy feet have trodden shall be thine inheritance, and thy children's for ever, because thou hast wholly followed the LORD my God.
10 And now, behold, the LORD hath kept me alive, as he said, these forty and five years, even since the LORD spake this word unto Moses, while the children of Israel wandered in the wilderness: and now, lo, I am this day fourscore and five years old.
11 As yet I am as strong this day as I was in the day that Moses sent me: as my strength was then, even so is my strength now, for war, both to go out, and to come in.
12 Now therefore give me this mountain, whereof the LORD spake in that day; for thou heardest in that day how the Anakims were there, and that the cities were great and fenced: if so be the LORD will be with me, then I shall be able to drive them out, as the LORD said.
13 And Joshua blessed him, and gave unto Caleb the son of Jephunneh Hebron for an inheritance.
14 Hebron therefore became the inheritance of Caleb the son of Jephunneh the Kenezite unto this day, because that he wholly followed the LORD God of Israel.
15 And the name of Hebron before was Kirjath-arba; which Arba was a great man among the Anakims. And the land had rest from war.
KJV

Now, consider this prophecy:

Zechariah 12:6-14
6 In that day will I make the governors of Judah like an hearth of fire among the wood, and like a torch of fire in a sheaf; and they shall devour all the people round about, on the right hand and on the left: and Jerusalem shall be inhabited again in her own place, even in Jerusalem.
7 The LORD also shall save the tents of Judah first, that the glory of the house of David and the glory of the inhabitants of Jerusalem do not magnify themselves against Judah.
8 In that day shall the LORD defend the inhabitants of Jerusalem; and he that is feeble among them at that day shall be as David; and the house of David shall be as God, as the angel of the LORD before them.
9 And it shall come to pass in that day, that I will seek to destroy all the nations that come against Jerusalem.
10 And I will pour upon the house of David, and upon the inhabitants of Jerusalem, the spirit of grace and of supplications: and they shall look upon me whom they have pierced, and they shall mourn for him, as one mourneth for his only son, and shall be in bitterness for him, as one that is in bitterness for his firstborn.
11 In that day shall there be a great mourning in Jerusalem, as the mourning of Hadadrimmon in the valley of Megiddon.
12 And the land shall mourn, every family apart; the family of the house of David apart, and their wives apart; the family of the house of Nathan apart, and their wives apart;
13 The family of the house of Levi apart, and their wives apart; the family of Shimei apart, and their wives apart;
14 All the families that remain, every family apart, and their wives apart.
KJV

I am totally convinced that I can show from these Scripture passages that this will occur AFTER the Resurrection! Has this become real for anyone, yet? It became very real for me a few days ago, and I think it will change the minds of anyone who might think otherwise if they just meditate upon these verses for a while. Let’s talk about this!

Again, we are NOT told to “anticipate going to ‘Heaven!’” We are told to anticipate our Lord’s RETURN and the subsequent RESURRECTION, a LITERAL time when our bodies will be brought back to life, REAL bodies that will be as tangible as Yeshua`s own body was after HIS Resurrection!

justaname

Disciple of Jesus Christ
Mar 14, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Do you believe the temple sacrifices will be reinstated at that time?

Reactions: Aaron Lindahl

Retrobyter

Oct 29, 2011
Tampa Bay, Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Shalom, justaname.

Yes, but not for the purposes that most suppose for them. They will be reinstated because GOD LOVES A GOOD BARBECUE! They will NOT be needed for a person’s justification or for atonement for sin. The sacrifice of the red heifer will be needed to sanctify the new Temple that Yeshua` will build, but after that ritual - in fact, DURING that ritual - every sacrifice will COMMEMORATE the death of our Master Yeshua` haMashiach, in much the same way that every sacrifice BEFORE Yeshua` came in the flesh and died on the cross, every sacrifice foreshadowed the cross.

There were SEVERAL reasons for making sacrifice, not the least of which was for giving thanks to God!

Also, there will be Leviyiym (“Levites”) and other Temple servants who will have to EAT!

n2thelight

Dec 24, 2006
Atlanta,Ga
Retrobyter said:
Shalom, justaname.

Yes, but not for the purposes that most suppose for them. They will be reinstated because GOD LOVES A GOOD BARBECUE! They will NOT be needed for a person’s justification or for atonement for sin. The sacrifice of the red heifer will be needed to sanctify the new Temple that Yeshua` will build, but after that ritual - in fact, DURING that ritual - every sacrifice will COMMEMORATE the death of our Master Yeshua` haMashiach, in much the same way that every sacrifice BEFORE Yeshua` came in the flesh and died on the cross, every sacrifice foreshadowed the cross.

There were SEVERAL reasons for making sacrifice, not the least of which was for giving thanks to God!

Also, there will be Leviyiym (“Levites”) and other Temple servants who will have to EAT!
I beg to differ

Hebrews 10:6 "In burnt offerings and sacrifices for sin Thou hast had no pleasure."

Burning an animal on an altar could please no one, but it was a shadow of something that would come later. It was a type of would happen when Christ willfully was sent to the cross to die. When they would put their animal on the altar, it meant that they had to take their best animal, and through their sacrifice it became a contribution to the Father.

Hebrews 10:7 "Then said I, Lo, I come (in the volume of the book it is written of Me) to do Thy will, O God."

Everything that Jesus did and said while on earth, was written in the Old Testament, and that why He said over and over, "Haven't you read...", "It is written...", and so on. Every detail was written about Jesus' coming, how His birth would be and where. All parts of His life, and even to the words that the High Priest that caused His death at the time of the crucifixion. How can you not believe in Christ when God so perfectly outlined the coming Messiah that He would send.

Hebrews 10:8 "Above when He said, "Sacrifice and offering and burnt offerings and offering for sin Thou wouldest not, neither hadst pleasure therein;" which are offered by the law;"

Paul was quoting, as we read from Psalm 40:6-8. What our Lord is saying in that fortieth Psalm is; "I don't want your animals and your sacrifices, but I want your love."

Hebrews 10:9 "Then said He, "Lo, I come to do Thy will, O God," He taketh away the first, that He may establish the second."

God did take away the first [the blood sacrifices and ordinances] when His Son went to the cross. With the death of Christ on the cross the establishment of the second was completed. He took those blood sacrifices and ordinances away because the blood of Christ paid the price for one and all times. God did not take away the law, but the blood sacrifices and those things that were required under those ordinances. No blood sacrifice can sent the Holy Spirit, for it is dead and gone. But at Christ death, the Holy Spirit did come and it warms the heart of everyone that He touches.

Hebrews 10:10 "By the which will we are sanctified through the offering of the body of Jesus Christ once for all."

The blood of animals did not sanctify or make perfect anyone. But the blood of Christ, through our repentance removes all sins from us, and makes us perfect in the eyes of our Heavenly Father. We are sanctified through the Spirit of the One that was sacrificed on the cross.

Retrobyter

Oct 29, 2011
Tampa Bay, Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Shabbat shalom, n2thelight.

n2thelight said:
I beg to differ

Hebrews 10:6 "In burnt offerings and sacrifices for sin Thou hast had no pleasure."

Burning an animal on an altar could please no one, but it was a shadow of something that would come later. It was a type of would happen when Christ willfully was sent to the cross to die. When they would put their animal on the altar, it meant that they had to take their best animal, and through their sacrifice it became a contribution to the Father.

Hebrews 10:7 "Then said I, Lo, I come (in the volume of the book it is written of Me) to do Thy will, O God."

Everything that Jesus did and said while on earth, was written in the Old Testament, and that why He said over and over, "Haven't you read...", "It is written...", and so on. Every detail was written about Jesus' coming, how His birth would be and where. All parts of His life, and even to the words that the High Priest that caused His death at the time of the crucifixion. How can you not believe in Christ when God so perfectly outlined the coming Messiah that He would send.

Hebrews 10:8 "Above when He said, "Sacrifice and offering and burnt offerings and offering for sin Thou wouldest not, neither hadst pleasure therein;" which are offered by the law;"

Paul was quoting, as we read from Psalm 40:6-8. What our Lord is saying in that fortieth Psalm is; "I don't want your animals and your sacrifices, but I want your love."

Hebrews 10:9 "Then said He, "Lo, I come to do Thy will, O God," He taketh away the first, that He may establish the second."

God did take away the first [the blood sacrifices and ordinances] when His Son went to the cross. With the death of Christ on the cross the establishment of the second was completed. He took those blood sacrifices and ordinances away because the blood of Christ paid the price for one and all times. God did not take away the law, but the blood sacrifices and those things that were required under those ordinances. No blood sacrifice can sent the Holy Spirit, for it is dead and gone. But at Christ death, the Holy Spirit did come and it warms the heart of everyone that He touches.

Hebrews 10:10 "By the which will we are sanctified through the offering of the body of Jesus Christ once for all."

The blood of animals did not sanctify or make perfect anyone. But the blood of Christ, through our repentance removes all sins from us, and makes us perfect in the eyes of our Heavenly Father. We are sanctified through the Spirit of the One that was sacrificed on the cross.
Just differ with me, dear brother. You don’t have to beg for my permission or indulgence.

First of all, you need to understand that Paul was NOT the only one who wrote the Brit Chadashah (the New “Testament,” or rather the New Covenant), and it is NOT certain that he was the human author of the Book of Hebrews or Messianic Jews. To the contrary, we learn that there were MANY fathers of the faith who could have been the author. Some have surmised that this could have been written by Barnabas, Apollos, Luke, or even later, by Clement of Rome. There’s even a theory that it may have been written by Priscilla, who was not identified because she would not have been accepted as a “teacher of men!" While the teachings in Hebrews show an author of intelligence, that does NOT necessitate that this author be Paul. In fact, there are discrepancies of style between this book and his epistles.

Secondly, Hebrews 10:7-10 is talking SPECIFICALLY about those sacrifices that were for the redemption of mankind according to the Torah. However, as I’ve already said, not every sacrifice is about mankind’s redemption! Many of the sacrifices were simply to honor God and/or to thank Him for His care and provision. They were also made to provide food for the Temple servants, the Levites, and the priests.

For more on Qorbanot (from which the word “Corban” in Mark 7:11 comes), please see http://www.jewfaq.org/qorbanot.htm. I’m not suggesting that anyone take this website for “gospel truth,” however, it is a good way to understand the Levitical sacrificial system a little better.

Thirdly, I don’t disagree with you about what Yeshua` the Messiah did on that Roman execution stake called a “cross,” nor do I deny the power of that cross. HOWEVER, you must understand that that sacrifice was NOT the only kind of sacrifice there was! All the word “sacrifice” means is “an act of giving up something valued for the sake of something else regarded as more important or worthy.” The people of Israel gave up the BEST they had when they sacrificed to God because HE was more important and much more worthy! What made it a “qorbanah” is that they used that offering to “APPROACH" God at the altar, which is what “qaaraV” means! From this word, the word “qorban” (the concrete, masculine form) or “qorbanah” (the abstract, feminine form) was based. “Qorbanot” is the feminine plural of the word.

Psalm 40:6-8 is NOT saying that God didn’t want their sacrifice; it is saying that God didn’t want ONLY their sacrifice! That’s also true in Micah 6:7-8:
Micah 6:7-8
7 Will the LORD be pleased with thousands of rams, or with ten thousands of rivers of oil? shall I give my firstborn for my transgression, the fruit of my body for the sin of my soul?
8 He hath shewed thee, O man, what is good; and what doth the LORD require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God?
KJV

Yeshua` was a “Law-abiding,” “Torah-keeping,” God-honoring Jew! He kept the WHOLE LAW! He HAD to for He was SINLESS!

James 2:8-11
8 If ye fulfil the royal law according to the scripture, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself, ye do well:
9 But if ye have respect to persons, ye commit sin, and are convinced of the law as transgressors.
10 For whosoever shall keep the whole law, and yet offend in one point, he is guilty of all.
11 For he that said, Do not commit adultery, said also, Do not kill. Now if thou commit no adultery, yet if thou kill, thou art become a transgressor of the law.
KJV

2 Corinthians 5:20-21
20 Now then we are ambassadors for Christ, as though God did beseech you by us: we pray you in Christ's stead, be ye reconciled to (trade places with) God.
21 For he (God the Father) hath made him (the Messiah Yeshua`) to be sin for us, who knew no sin; that we might be made the righteousness of God in him.
KJV

That means that Yeshua` also made sacrifices IN SPITE OF THE FACT THAT HE WOULD ONE DAY BE THE LAMB OF GOD! The Hebrew of “the Lamb of God” is “haKeves Elohiym” and it literally means the “one-year-old ram of God,” a lamb that just entered the prime of his life as a young adult.

Here’s an example:

Luke 2:21-24
21 And when eight days were accomplished for the circumcising of the child, his name was called JESUS, which was so named of the angel before he was conceived in the womb.
22 And when the days of her purification according to the law of Moses were accomplished, they brought him to Jerusalem, to present him to the Lord;
23 (As it is written in the law of the Lord, Every male that openeth the womb shall be called holy to the Lord;)
24 And to offer a sacrifice according to that which is said in the law of the Lord, A pair of turtledoves, or two young pigeons.
KJV

This is in fulfillment of the Torah:
Leviticus 12:1-8
1 And the LORD spake unto Moses, saying,
2 Speak unto the children of Israel, saying, If a woman have conceived seed, and born a man child: then she shall be unclean seven days; according to the days of the separation for her infirmity shall she be unclean.
3 And in the eighth day the flesh of his foreskin shall be circumcised.
4 And she shall then continue in the blood of her purifying three and thirty days; she shall touch no hallowed thing, nor come into the sanctuary, until the days of her purifying be fulfilled.
5 But if she bear a maid child, then she shall be unclean two weeks, as in her separation: and she shall continue in the blood of her purifying threescore and six days.
6 And when the days of her purifying are fulfilled, for a son, or for a daughter, she shall bring a lamb of the first year for a burnt offering, and a young pigeon, or a turtledove, for a sin offering, unto the door of the tabernacle of the congregation, unto the priest:
7 Who shall offer it before the LORD and make an atonement for her; and she shall be cleansed from the issue of her blood. This is the law for her that hath born a male or a female.
8 And if she be not able to bring a lamb, then she shall bring two turtles (turtledoves), or two young pigeons; the one for the burnt offering, and the other for a sin offering: and the priest shall make an atonement for her, and she shall be clean.
KJV

And remember what Yeshua` said to the P’rushiym (the Pharisees)?

Matthew 23:23
23 Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye pay tithe of mint and anise and cummin, and have omitted the weightier matters of the law, judgment, mercy, and faith: these ought ye to have done, and not to leave the other undone.
KJV

Luke 11:42
42 But woe unto you, Pharisees! for ye tithe mint and rue and all manner of herbs, and pass over judgment and the love of God: these ought ye to have done, and not to leave the other undone.
KJV

He ENCOURAGED them to carefully tithe on all the various spices and herbs they had acquired and ADD to them the weightier matters of the Law - the Torah - and of judgment, mercy, faith, and the love of God!

It’s not an “either-or” situation; it’s a “both-and” situation!

The SAME IS TRUE FOR OLD COVENANT, NEW COVENANT! It’s also not an “either-or” situation; it’s a “both-and” situation! The NEW Covenant makes it easier to perform the Old Covenant! He writes His LAW - His TORAH - in our hearts, that is, in the CORE of our thoughts!

-----

Shabbat shalom, everybody.

And, as usual, this thread is thrown off course. This talk is about the Resurrection to come, a reflection of our Lord’s Resurrection in our own bodies, it’s not about Temples or sacrifices. It’s about LITERALLY BRINGING OUR BODIES BACK TO LIFE! And, the Resurrection to come is NOT about raising our bodies into some wispy, ethereal, “spiritual” bodies to go off to some “Heaven” somewhere when we die!

Come back to the original intent of the teachings of the Brit Chadashah (the New “Testament”)! We get our bodies BACK! Intact, physical, superhuman bodies made of “flesh and bone,” just as Yeshua`s body was made!

Hollywood has been messing with people’s minds for years about what a “resurrection” might look like. The imperfect resurrections of Dracula, other vampires, the undead, zombies, the Frankenstein monster, and even the latest made-for-TV series “Resurrection” all show ugliness and horror in such “resurrections.” That’s NOT the way the TRUE Resurrection to come will be!

Just as our earth will be “resurrected” into a NEW Earth, after God first bathes it in Fire, so our bodies will also be resurrected to NEW life at Yeshua`s return! And, we are NOT scheduled to go off to some “Heaven” somewhere out in space or off in another dimension, or “spiritual world,” or some such rot! We shall exist ON THE NEW EARTH with its NEW SKY! Why is that so difficult for people to believe? I believe that most have a problem with accepting that because of the MYRIADS of preachers and teachers teaching about “going to Heaven when we die” nonsense. THE BIBLE NEVER SAYS THAT! Instead, we are to look forward to - to anticipate - the RESURRECTION OF OUR FLESH!

Romans 6:1-11
1 What shall we say then? Shall we continue in sin, that grace may abound?
2 God forbid. How shall we, that are dead to sin, live any longer therein?
3 Know ye not, that so many of us as were baptized into Jesus Christ were baptized into his death?
4 Therefore we are buried with him by baptism into death: that like as Christ was raised up from the dead by the glory of the Father, even so we also should walk in newness of life.
5 For if we have been planted together in the likeness of his death, we shall be also in the likeness of his resurrection:
6 Knowing this, that our old man is crucified with him, that the body of sin might be destroyed, that henceforth we should not serve sin.
7 For he that is dead is freed from sin.
8 Now if we be dead with Christ, we believe that we shall also live with him:
9 Knowing that Christ being raised from the dead dieth no more; death hath no more dominion over him.
10 For in that he died, he died unto sin once: but in that he liveth, he liveth unto God.
11 Likewise reckon ye also yourselves to be dead indeed unto sin, but alive unto God through Jesus Christ our Lord.
KJV

Romans 8:11
11 But if the Spirit of him that raised up Jesus from the dead dwell in you, he that raised up Christ from the dead shall also quicken your mortal bodies by his Spirit that dwelleth in you.
KJV

1 Corinthians 15:12-28, 35-57
12 Now if Christ be preached that he rose from the dead, how say some among you that there is no resurrection of the dead?
13 But if there be no resurrection of the dead, then is Christ not risen:
14 And if Christ be not risen, then is our preaching vain, and your faith is also vain.
15 Yea, and we are found false witnesses of God; because we have testified of God that he raised up Christ: whom he raised not up, if so be that the dead rise not.
16 For if the dead rise not, then is not Christ raised:
17 And if Christ be not raised, your faith is vain; ye are yet in your sins.
18 Then they also which are fallen asleep in Christ are perished.
19 If in this life only we have hope in Christ, we are of all men most miserable.
20 But now is Christ risen from the dead, and become the firstfruits of them that slept.
21 For since by man came death, by man came also the resurrection of the dead.
22 For as in Adam all die, even so in Christ shall all be made alive.
23 But every man in his own order: Christ the firstfruits; afterward they that are Christ's at his coming.
24 Then cometh the end, when he shall have delivered up the kingdom to God, even the Father; when he shall have put down all rule and all authority and power.
25 For he must reign, till he hath put all enemies under his feet.
26 The last enemy that shall be destroyed is death.
27 For he hath put all things under his feet. But when he saith, all things are put under him, it is manifest that he is excepted, which did put all things under him.
28 And when all things shall be subdued unto him, then shall the Son also himself be subject unto him that put all things under him, that God may be all in all.

35 But some man will say, How are the dead raised up? and with what body do they come?
36 Thou fool, that which thou sowest is not quickened, except it die:
37 And that which thou sowest, thou sowest not that body that shall be, but bare grain, it may chance of wheat, or of some other grain:
38 But God giveth it a body as it hath pleased him, and to every seed his own body.
39 All flesh is not the same flesh: but there is one kind of flesh of men, another flesh of beasts, another of fishes, and another of birds.
40 There are also celestial (above-the-sky) bodies, and bodies terrestrial (above-the-ground): but the glory of the celestial is one, and the glory of the terrestrial is another.
41 There is one glory of the sun, and another glory of the moon, and another glory of the stars: for one star differeth from another star in glory.
42 So also is the resurrection of the dead. It is sown in corruption; it is raised in incorruption:
43 It is sown in dishonour (insignificance); it is raised in glory (brightness, standing out): it is sown in weakness; it is raised in power:
44 It is sown a natural (normal breathing) body; it is raised a spiritual (blasting like the wind) body. There is a natural (breathing) body, and there is a spiritual (blasting) body.
45 And so it is written, The first man Adam was made a living soul (a living, breathing creature); the last Adam was made a quickening spirit (a life-giving WIND).
46 Howbeit that was not first which is spiritual, but that which is natural; and afterward that which is spiritual.
47 The first man is of the earth, earthy: the second man is the Lord from heaven (from the sky).
48 As is the earthy, such are they also that are earthy: and as is the heavenly (above-the-sky), such are they also that are heavenly (above-the-sky).
49 And as we have borne the image of the earthy, we shall also bear the image of the heavenly.
50 Now this I say, brethren, that flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God; neither doth corruption inherit incorruption.
51 Behold, I shew you a mystery; We shall not all sleep, but we shall all be changed,
52 In a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trump: for the trumpet shall sound, and the dead shall be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed.
53 For this corruptible must put on incorruption, and this mortal must put on immortality.
54 So when this corruptible shall have put on incorruption, and this mortal shall have put on immortality, then shall be brought to pass the saying that is written, Death is swallowed up in victory.

55 O death, where is thy sting? O grave, where is thy victory?
56 The sting of death is sin; and the strength of sin is the law.
57 But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ.
KJV

Philippians 3:8-21
8 Yea doubtless, and I count all things but loss for the excellency of the knowledge of Christ Jesus my Lord: for whom I have suffered the loss of all things, and do count them but dung, that I may win Christ,
9 And be found in him, not having mine own righteousness, which is of the law, but that which is through the faith of Christ, the righteousness which is of God by faith:
10 That I may know him, and the power of his resurrection, and the fellowship of his sufferings, being made conformable unto his death;
11 If by any means I might attain unto the resurrection of the dead.
12 Not as though I had already attained, either were already perfect: but I follow after, if that I may apprehend that for which also I am apprehended of Christ Jesus.
13 Brethren, I count not myself to have apprehended: but this one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind, and reaching forth unto those things which are before,
14 I press toward the mark for the prize of the high calling of God in Christ Jesus.
15 Let us therefore, as many as be perfect, be thus minded: and if in any thing ye be otherwise minded, God shall reveal even this unto you.
16 Nevertheless, whereto we have already attained, let us walk by the same rule, let us mind the same thing.
17 Brethren, be followers together of me, and mark them which walk so as ye have us for an ensample.
18 (For many walk, of whom I have told you often, and now tell you even weeping, that they are the enemies of the cross of Christ:
19 Whose end is destruction, whose God is their belly, and whose glory is in their shame, who mind earthly things.)
20 For our conversation is in heaven; from whence also we look for the Saviour, the Lord Jesus Christ:
21 Who shall change our vile body, that it may be fashioned like unto his glorious body, according to the working whereby he is able even to subdue all things unto himself.
KJV

Hebrews 11:35-40
35 Women received their dead raised to life again: and others were tortured, not accepting deliverance; that they might obtain a better resurrection:
36 And others had trial of cruel mockings and scourgings, yea, moreover of bonds and imprisonment:
37 They were stoned, they were sawn asunder, were tempted, were slain with the sword: they wandered about in sheepskins and goatskins; being destitute, afflicted, tormented;
38 (Of whom the world was not worthy:) they wandered in deserts, and in mountains, and in dens and caves of the earth.
39 And these all, having obtained a good report through faith, received not the promise:
40 God having provided some better thing for us, that they without us should not be made perfect.
KJV

Colossians 3:1-25
1 If ye then be risen with Christ, seek those things which are above, where Christ sitteth on the right hand of God.
2 Set your affection on things above, not on things on the earth.
3 For ye are dead, and your life is hid with Christ in God.
4 When Christ, who is our life, shall appear, then shall ye also appear with him in glory.
5 Mortify therefore your members which are upon the earth; fornication, uncleanness, inordinate affection, evil concupiscence, and covetousness, which is idolatry:
6 For which things' sake the wrath of God cometh on the children of disobedience:
7 In the which ye also walked some time, when ye lived in them.
8 But now ye also put off all these; anger, wrath, malice, blasphemy, filthy communication out of your mouth.
9 Lie not one to another, seeing that ye have put off the old man with his deeds;
10 And have put on the new man, which is renewed in knowledge after the image of him that created him:
11 Where there is neither Greek nor Jew, circumcision nor uncircumcision, Barbarian, Scythian, bond nor free: but Christ is all, and in all.
12 Put on therefore, as the elect of God, holy and beloved, bowels of mercies, kindness, humbleness of mind, meekness, longsuffering;
13 Forbearing one another, and forgiving one another, if any man have a quarrel against any: even as Christ forgave you, so also do ye.
14 And above all these things put on charity, which is the bond of perfectness.
15 And let the peace of God rule in your hearts, to the which also ye are called in one body; and be ye thankful.
16 Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly in all wisdom; teaching and admonishing one another in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing with grace in your hearts to the Lord.
17 And whatsoever ye do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God and the Father by him.
18 Wives, submit yourselves unto your own husbands, as it is fit in the Lord.
19 Husbands, love your wives, and be not bitter against them.
20 Children, obey your parents in all things: for this is well pleasing unto the Lord.
21 Fathers, provoke not your children to anger, lest they be discouraged.
22 Servants, obey in all things your masters according to the flesh; not with eyeservice, as menpleasers; but in singleness of heart, fearing God:
23 And whatsoever ye do, do it heartily, as to the Lord, and not unto men;
24 Knowing that of the Lord ye shall receive the reward of the inheritance: for ye serve the Lord Christ.
25 But he that doeth wrong shall receive for the wrong which he hath done: and there is no respect of persons.
KJV

(I.e., we JOIN them in that better Resurrection! They had to wait on US!)

Revelation 20:6
6 Blessed and holy is he that hath part in the first resurrection: on such the second death hath no power, but they shall be priests of God and of Christ, and shall reign with him a thousand years.
KJV

And, the words “in glory” (Greek: “en doxee”) in Colossians 3:4 are NOT talking about a PLACE; it’s talking about a CONDITION! Paul is saying that we will appear with the Messiah in BRIGHTNESS!

keras

Writer of Bible study guides
Mar 18, 2014
New Zealand
www.logostelos.info
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
I like what you have presented here, Retro. You have pointed out some truths of scripture, that we may not fully understand about resurrection and sacrifices, but God's ways are not our ways, we must accept His plans and abide by His Laws.
Ezekiel 40-48 of course, are interesting chapters that describe the new Temple and life in the Holy Land. What many fail to see in those chapters and elsewhere, is that this will happen BEFORE the Return of Jesus for His Millennium reign. Ezekiel 43:2 says how the Shekinah Glory will come into the Temple, as it was in Solomon's time. Then in Ch 46, a ruler or 'prince', is mentioned. This matches with Jeremiah 30:21 and Hosea 1:11, where the new inhabitants of all the Holy Land elect their own leaders.
That this is how the end times will happen, is repeatedly prophesied; first the clearance of all the Holy Land by fire from the sun, Isaiah 30:25-28, then the Land is regenerated, Ezekiel 36:8, Isaiah 35, and the Lord's righteous people go to live there. Amos 9:13-15, Rev 7:9

It isn't until after all that is prophesied, like the Gog/Magog attack, the Leader of the One World Govt makes a 7 year peace treaty with the new nation of Beulah, Isaiah 62:1-5,etc, that Jesus will Return and only then does the First Resurrection take place. Rev. 20:4-6

Feb 12, 2013
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
People have always been saved because of their faith in God's word today we know that God's Word became flesh He is named Jesus Christ and we still need to be obedient to God's Word as they were then it shows our faith.

Retrobyter

Oct 29, 2011
Tampa Bay, Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Shalom, keras.

keras said:
I like what you have presented here, Retro. You have pointed out some truths of scripture, that we may not fully understand about resurrection and sacrifices, but God's ways are not our ways, we must accept His plans and abide by His Laws.
Ezekiel 40-48 of course, are interesting chapters that describe the new Temple and life in the Holy Land. What many fail to see in those chapters and elsewhere, is that this will happen BEFORE the Return of Jesus for His Millennium reign. Ezekiel 43:2 says how the Shekinah Glory will come into the Temple, as it was in Solomon's time. Then in Ch 46, a ruler or 'prince', is mentioned. This matches with Jeremiah 30:21 and Hosea 1:11, where the new inhabitants of all the Holy Land elect their own leaders.
That this is how the end times will happen, is repeatedly prophesied; first the clearance of all the Holy Land by fire from the sun, Isaiah 30:25-28, then the Land is regenerated, Ezekiel 36:8, Isaiah 35, and the Lord's righteous people go to live there. Amos 9:13-15, Rev 7:9

It isn't until after all that is prophesied, like the Gog/Magog attack, the Leader of the One World Govt makes a 7 year peace treaty with the new nation of Beulah, Isaiah 62:1-5,etc, that Jesus will Return and only then does the First Resurrection take place. Rev. 20:4-6
Thanks, but again, I must caution you on two points:

First, the “fire from the sun” is not necessary because there will be “fire from the Son.”

Second, what makes you think that there will be a "7-year peace treaty?” That nonsense usually comes from misreading Daniel 9; is that where you get your information, too?

Trekson

Jul 24, 2012
Kentucky
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hi Retro,

Your words: “I was reading in Joshua chapters 13 through 21 about all the land that was promised to each of the tribes of Israel. The Land of Israel does NOT “belong” to them; all the Land belongs to YHWH! However, control over these territories was “leased,” so to speak, to each of the thirteen tribes (including Leviy and both sons of Yosef, Efrayim and Manasheh. YHWH GAVE them this Land, and not for a little while, but FOREVER!! Who’s going to say they can’t have it?!”

I don’t disagree.

Your words, “Now, what do you believe about the Resurrection? Will the children of Israel be included in the Resurrection in which they believed PRIOR to Yeshua` coming onto the scene in the early 1st Century? I believe that it is UNDOUBTABLY TRUE that they will be participants in the Resurrection! So, when these people return to life LITERALLY AND PHYSICALLY, do you think there will be any hesitation on their part for them to reclaim what God had given them?”

Did they, as a whole, believe in the resurrection? That would be hard to prove via the OT as the words “resurrect or “resurrection” are not part of the OT vocabulary. Most know that at the time of Christ, there was a religious division with some of Israel believing in a resurrection (the Pharisees) and those who didn’t (the Sadducees). The only “children of Israel” that will be included in the resurrection will be those who exercised their faith in God, the remnant, throughout the generations. THEY won’t reclaim anything, Christ will have already done that for them.

Your words, “I believe that it can be shown that Yeshua` HIMSELF, as their new King and God’s Messiah, will help them reclaim their own land! He will reclaim their lands and expel the squatters who are there now.”

The Messiah, will accomplish it for them. Joshua 14 affirms the land as an “inheritance” to the descendants of Caleb and by extension, all of Israel.

Your scripture: Zechariah 12:6-14
6 In that day will I make the governors of Judah like an hearth of fire among the wood, and like a torch of fire in a sheaf; and they shall devour all the people round about, on the right hand and on the left: and Jerusalem shall be inhabited again in her own place, even in Jerusalem. 7 The LORD also shall save the tents of Judah first, that the glory of the house of David and the glory of the inhabitants of Jerusalem do not magnify themselves against Judah.
8 In that day shall the LORD defend the inhabitants of Jerusalem; and he that is feeble among them at that day shall be as David; and the house of David shall be as God, as the angel of the LORD before them. 9 And it shall come to pass in that day, that I will seek to destroy all the nations that come against Jerusalem. 10 And I will pour upon the house of David, and upon the inhabitants of Jerusalem, the spirit of grace and of supplications: and they shall look upon me whom they have pierced, and they shall mourn for him, as one mourneth for his only son, and shall be in bitterness for him, as one that is in bitterness for his firstborn. 11 In that day shall there be a great mourning in Jerusalem, as the mourning of Hadadrimmon in the valley of Megiddon. 12 And the land shall mourn, every family apart; the family of the house of David apart, and their wives apart; the family of the house of Nathan apart, and their wives apart; 13 The family of the house of Levi apart, and their wives apart; the family of Shimei apart, and their wives apart; 14 All the families that remain, every family apart, and their wives apart.
KJV

The majority of people that read this passage recognize it is talking of their “living” descendants, not the “resurrected”. They would have no need to mourn, as they would have realized this truth in heaven, long ago (by our time).

Your words: “I am totally convinced that I can show from these Scripture passages that this will occur AFTER the Resurrection! Has this become real for anyone, yet?”

Aren’t you the one that believes the resurrected aren’t spiritual but could be described as superhuman? So, how does superhuman equate with feeble? (vs. 8) Zechariah is speaking specifically of the “house of Judah” in this passage, not the “all” of Israel, yet. Another clue is the word “remain”. The definition of this implies the “remnant” or those “reserved”.

Your words: “Again, we are NOT told to “anticipate going to ‘Heaven!’” We are told to anticipate our Lord’s RETURN and the subsequent RESURRECTION, a LITERAL time when our bodies will be brought back to life, REAL bodies that will be as tangible as Yeshua`s own body was after HIS Resurrection!”

There are several verses that imply otherwise, regarding the highlighted part, but that doesn’t mean we all won’t end up here eventually. Let’s look at Luke 14:14 – “And thou shalt be blessed; for they cannot recompense thee: for thou shalt be recompensed at the resurrection of the just.”

Well, who are the just? Rom. 1:17 – “For therein is the righteousness of God revealed from faith to faith: as it is written, The just shall live by faith.”

Paul, speaking of the Jews says in Rom. 2:12-13 – “For as many as have sinned without law shall also perish without law: and as many as have sinned in the law shall be judged by the law; 13 (For not the hearers of the law are just before God, but the doers of the law shall be justified.”

Paul is saying, that just being aware of the law (as a Jew) is not sufficient. They will be judged by the law! They do not earn grace just because they are Jewish. But if you heeded the law and by faith obeyed the law and did what was right according to the law, that faith and obedience DOES earn them a right to grace. They (all Jews up to Christ) will be judged by their works and the vast majority of Israel will have no part in the first resurrection but must wait until the second. To believe otherwise is fantasy and has zero scriptural foundation.

Again as Paul teaches in Rom. 3:30, we are all judged by one criteria “Seeing it is one God, which shall justify the circumcision by faith, and uncircumcision through faith.”

Blood means nothing and FAITH means everything. If they had no faith, they have no hope, period!

To sum up, do I believe in the resurrection? Of course! Do I believe in your idea of what the resurrection entails? I do not! Paul says in 1 Cor. 15:50 – “Now this I say, brethren, that flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God; neither doth corruption inherit incorruption.” Thus affirming it is not a “physical” kingdom, but a “spiritual” one, of which we as believers, are ALREADY members of!