Does God approve of using financing in Africa?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Shepherdess57

Jul 3, 2016
Hi! Do you think God approves of people in Africa using financing to start their businesses they want to start? I live in the USA but have many Christian friends in South East Africa, who would like to start businesses,but are afraid to do so, due to lack of capital. Do you think using financing is a good way for such people? Or do you think it is too risky? The Bible says not to pay for something unless one knows they are able to pay for it.

Luke 14:28

28 For which of you, intending to build a tower, sitteth not down first, and counteth the cost, whether he have sufficient to finish it?
KJV

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Luke 14:28

28 For which of you, intending to build a tower, sitteth not down first, and counteth the cost, whether he have sufficient to finish it?
KJV
Actually this is not about money it is about walking with Him Its about starting and knowing all the hazards that will come your way and knowing you will hold out to teh end that is why it starts with

Luk 14:26 If any man come to me, and hate not his father, and mother, and wife, and children, and brethren, and sisters, yea, and his own life also, he cannot be my disciple.
Luk 14:27 And whosoever doth not bear his cross, and come after me, cannot be my disciple.

Its a bit like, do christians really think God would of started all this mess with His plan for mans salvation if He wasnt sure he could finish it, we should Give God some credit.

otherwise, getting into debt, any debt gest one stcuk in this world, as Christians we should

Rom_13:8 Owe no man any thing, but to love one another: for he that loveth another hath fulfilled the law.

and

Luk 6:30 Give to every man that asketh of thee; and of him that taketh away thy goods ask them not again.

Luk 6:34 And if ye lend to them of whom ye hope to receive, what thank have ye? for sinners also lend to sinners, to receive as much again.

Ie if you want your money back dont Give you might be disspointed.

Those who give to chartity than ask for a receipt to claim it back on there taxes are only deceiving themselves.

lforrest

Staff member
Admin
Aug 10, 2012
Faith
Christian
Has any problem ever been solved by throwing money at it?

If this is on your heart to do then you need to ensure it is properly done and accounted for.

A corrupt government may decide your finances would benefit them more. Same goes for individuals you would entrust, they will embezzle it for themselves. You can be sure it will happen unless there is accountability.

I wonder if such an organization exists that has feet on the ground and would provide this accountability.

shnarkle

Nov 10, 2013
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
mjrhealth said:
Its a bit like, do christians really think God would of started all this mess with His plan for mans salvation if He wasnt sure he could finish it, we should Give God some credit.
Interesting choice of words; an intended pun? Regardless of how you meant it, God needs no credit.

otherwise, getting into debt, any debt gest one stcuk in this world, as Christians we should

Rom_13:8 Owe no man any thing, but to love one another: for he that loveth another hath fulfilled the law.

and

Luk 6:30 Give to every man that asketh of thee; and of him that taketh away thy goods ask them not again.

Luk 6:34 And if ye lend to them of whom ye hope to receive, what thank have ye? for sinners also lend to sinners, to receive as much again.
This is an excellent point! People think that the law has been abrogated and that we are now free to borrow and lend at interest. The law made a distinction between God's chosen and those who were outsiders. When Jesus came along he said to include those who were outside. In other words, we're not to treat those who are outside as outsiders, but to treat them as brothers. So instead of making everyone, even our own brothers slaves, we're to make them free; not from the law, but from slavery.

Ie if you want your money back dont Give you might be disspointed.

Those who give to chartity than ask for a receipt to claim it back on there taxes are only deceiving themselves.
This is something I've never considered. Could you elaborate on why this is deception? The reason I ask is that even Jesus pays taxes, but the fact that he is able to pull those taxes right out of a fishes mouth seems to me to be similar to a write off.