Does God have a purpose in suffering?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Prayer Warrior

Sep 20, 2018
U.S.A.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Some Christians believe that God uses suffering to accomplish His own good purposes.... Some believe that suffering is from the devil, and it's not God's will for Christians to suffer.

What does the Bible say about suffering? And what do you believe?

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Suffering is as a refining fire that takes us away from the superficial into that which has real benefit.

Reactions: faithfulness

Joseph77

Apr 1, 2020
Tulsa, OK
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Some Christians believe that God uses suffering to accomplish His own good purposes.... Some believe that suffering is from the devil, and it's not God's will for Christians to suffer.

"Some" believe anything. Except the Bible. < shrugs > that's just as written, in the Bible, eh!?

Prayer Warrior

Sep 20, 2018
U.S.A.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Just curious why you asked.

It doesn't matter what I think.
The way this works is that you read the OP (meaning original post, I think) and respond if you have anything to say about it. Did you read my original post in this thread??

Joseph77

Apr 1, 2020
Tulsa, OK
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The way this works is that you read the OP (meaning original post, I think) and respond if you have anything to say about it. Did you read my original post in this thread??
It seems or is likely much more important to get to the truth, instead of the common "way this works", doesn't it ?

The Truth is required for Healing, more than the "way this works" which is not required for Healing, right ?

Jane_Doe22

Jul 29, 2018
Mid-west USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Where something comes from and what God uses it for are two different questions.

Suffering can come from lots of different places: our own stupidity, random circumstances, obstacles from the devil, etc.

But God will & does use EVERYthing in His disciples' lives for good. Even pain and suffering. Let's not forget the greatest suffering by His Son was for His ultimate miracle.

Prayer Warrior

Sep 20, 2018
U.S.A.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Where something comes from and what God uses it for are two different questions.

Suffering can come from lots of different places: our own stupidity, random circumstances, obstacles from the devil, etc.

But God will & does use EVERYthing in His disciples' lives for good. Even pain and suffering. Let's not forget the greatest suffering by His Son was for His ultimate miracle.
Yes, God causes ALL things to work together for our good.

How are you doing, Jane? Haven’t talked to you in a while.

Reactions: Jane_Doe22