Does God Through Christ Love Us Individually, or Just Corporately?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Jacob28

Feb 14, 2021
NW
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes, Jesus had individually focused love upon Apostle John, Lazarus, sisters Mary and Martha. No apparent others. God never stated He individually loved any of His Prophets.

God states He "So loved the World." Jesus loved His Disciples as a group, but nowhere does Jesus verbally state to an individual He loves them. Jesus loves only corporately.

As well, God's Love is conditional. Psalm 146:8, "The Lord loveth the righteous." Sinners are not righteous.

Reactions: dev553344

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes, Jesus had individually focused love upon Apostle John, Lazarus, sisters Mary and Martha. No apparent others. God never stated He individually loved any of His Prophets.

God states He "So loved the World." Jesus loved His Disciples as a group, but nowhere does Jesus verbally state to an individual He loves them. Jesus loves only corporately.

As well, God's Love is conditional. Psalm 146:8, "The Lord loveth the righteous." Sinners are not righteous.
John identifies himself as "the disciple whom Jesus loved."

And I have also heard it said that if you were the only one who had ever lived, Christ would have still gone to the Cross to redeem your soul.

Jacob28

Feb 14, 2021
NW
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
John identifies himself as "the disciple whom Jesus loved."

And I have also heard it said that if you were the only one who had ever lived, Christ would have still gone to the Cross to redeem your soul.

Jacob28

Feb 14, 2021
NW
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hearing loose comments from random people is not how God operates His Word of Truth. Do you agree?

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hearing loose comments from random people is not how God operates His Word of Truth. Do you agree?
I think that God has given certain people spiritual gifts, such as word of wisdom and prophecy; and that people with such gifts can say things that are authoritative even if they do not come directly from holy scripture.

Jacob28

Feb 14, 2021
NW
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think that God has given certain people spiritual gifts, such as word of wisdom and prophecy; and that people with such gifts can say things that are authoritative even if they do not come directly from holy scripture.
Yes, people speaking random thoughts often attempt to invoke God within their personal ideological pursuits.

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Hello @Jacob28
Welcome to the forum. This is something that I have been thinking on lately. Funny you should bring it up. I've often wondered if God had/has favorites...what parent really doesn't??

"Jacob I have loved, Esau I have hated"

'David was a man after God's own heart'
As @justbyfaith said also, 'John was the one whom Jesus loved'.

I know He will judge whole nations:

Joel3:1-
"1 The Lord says,
At that time I will restore
the prosperity of Judah and Jerusalem.
2 I will gather all the nations
and bring them to the Valley of Judgment."

But, we will all stand alone before the judgement seat of God so, maybe it's a little of both?

And, I'm thinking it is not going to be the same for everyone.

2 Corinthians 5:10
"For we must all appear before the judgment seat of Christ; that every one may receive the things done in his body, according to that he hath done, whether it be good or bad."

Luke 12:47
"And that servant, which knew his lord's will, and prepared not himself, neither did according to his will, shall be beaten with many stripes."

Deut. 25:2
"then it shall be, if the wicked man deserves to be beaten, that the judge will cause him to lie down and be beaten in his presence, according to his guilt, with a certain number of blows."

God Bless

Mayflower

Jul 14, 2018
Bluffton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God loves individually through us.

“Then the King will say to those on His right, ‘Come, you who are blessed of My Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world. For I was hungry, and you gave Me something to eat; I was thirsty, and you gave Me something to drink; I was a stranger, and you invited Me in; naked, and you clothed Me; I was sick, and you visited Me; I was in prison, and you came to Me.’ Then the righteous will answer Him, ‘Lord, when did we see You hungry, and feed You, or thirsty, and give You something to drink? And when did we see You a stranger, and invite You in, or naked, and clothe You? The King will answer and say to them, ‘Truly I say to you, to the extent that you did it to one of these brothers of Mine, even the least of them, you did it to Me.’
Matthew 25:34‭-‬38‭, ‬40 NASB1995

God IS love. We are charged to show that love individually and corporately as believers, I believe.

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

I have an individual relationship with Jesus the Christ as all born again Christians should. He communes with me with his body and spirit, we are in him and he in us. He has the ability to commune with all his people individually all at once, parallel communications. His body and spirit are like a parallel processor super computer that multiple streams of communication come out at once to each and every person that dwells in him, and he in them.

This gives Jesus the ability to know and love each and every person simultaneously. And we can love him also when we get to know how good he is (Galatians 5:22-23). And yes Jesus loves the righteous because he is good and loves the good in people. Not that the every part of a person is righteous, but perhaps he loves the parts of a person that are good and righteous. Jesus then works with the individual to heal the unrighteous parts and purifies us to become wholly good in every part of us.

Jacob28

Feb 14, 2021
NW
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hello @Jacob28
Welcome to the forum. This is something that I have been thinking on lately. Funny you should bring it up. I've often wondered if God had/has favorites...what parent really doesn't??

"Jacob I have loved, Esau I have hated"

'David was a man after God's own heart'
As @justbyfaith said also, 'John was the one whom Jesus loved'.

I know He will judge whole nations:

Joel3:1-
"1 The Lord says,
At that time I will restore
the prosperity of Judah and Jerusalem.
2 I will gather all the nations
and bring them to the Valley of Judgment."

But, we will all stand alone before the judgement seat of God so, maybe it's a little of both?

And, I'm thinking it is not going to be the same for everyone.

2 Corinthians 5:10
"For we must all appear before the judgment seat of Christ; that every one may receive the things done in his body, according to that he hath done, whether it be good or bad."

Luke 12:47
"And that servant, which knew his lord's will, and prepared not himself, neither did according to his will, shall be beaten with many stripes."

Deut. 25:2
"then it shall be, if the wicked man deserves to be beaten, that the judge will cause him to lie down and be beaten in his presence, according to his guilt, with a certain number of blows."

God Bless
I am not quite sure why you welcomed me to the Forum. As well, I am not quite sure why you made such a long post with little train of thought.

I can only see:

1.) You are in charge of a hospitality need you imagine exists.
2 .) Expressing your feelings and ideas is important.

Let me know if this is correct. Thanks do much.

Jacob28

Feb 14, 2021
NW
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God does not use "maybe" to verify His Prophets. Should we?

Jacob28

Feb 14, 2021
NW
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Jacob28

Feb 14, 2021
NW
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I will now say God has corrected me to declare His Scripture which states "We love Him because He first loved us," and "He is a rewarder of those who diligently seek Him."

"Father, Please lead me in diligence unto you."

Jacob28

Feb 14, 2021
NW
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Her post was very sequitur...I followed her train of thought from beginning to end.
We can always in prayer bring before the Lord those of a certain gender who expect their minds to be read by others.

Blessings.

Rita

Staff member
Dec 20, 2020
South
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I think it may be worth asking The Lord to help you communicate to people a bit better. Nancy was just being friendly, not unkind, not as a sense of duty, just saying welcome.
Do you never greet anyone with. ‘ hello ‘ or ‘ welcome ‘ when you meet them for the first time !?
Rita

Rita

Staff member
Dec 20, 2020
South
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
We can always in prayer bring before the Lord those of a certain gender who expect their minds to be read by others.

Blessings.
Seriously, so now you are blaming her gender for being a reason for ‘ You ‘ not being able to understand what she was saying. What a pathetic way of thinking.
Rita

Reactions: amadeus and Nancy