Does God treat people differently

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Apache1

Nov 19, 2022
Norwich
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Because I don't understand why I got a hard time for smoking due to years of barking and supernatural death threats while other Christians get nothing or get positive treatment

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Because I don't understand why I got a hard time for smoking due to years of barking and supernatural death threats while other Christians get nothing or get positive treatment
I do know that the JWs see smoking as a sin and would 'shun' somebody because of it, but in my churches I have known a few people who smoke. I don't think it's sinful but it is a bad habit. But then there are worse bad habits than smoking. It is between yourself and God.

Last edited:
Reactions: Nancy and Keturah

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What exactly do you mean?

Apache1

Nov 19, 2022
Norwich
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Well for example I got all sorts of angry messages while someone else on this forum has been smoking for 20 years and according to them God has never held it against him

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hmmmm….

Sorry for all the mean messages you had recieved.

Idk, some people smoke, some do not.

From my perspective its all about out heart, does smoking make someone a mean person?

Not always. At the same time we all are in need of our heart to bring forwarf light than darkness which is the mean negative.

Reactions: Pearl and Nancy

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Well for example I got all sorts of angry messages while someone else on this forum has been smoking for 20 years and according to them God has never held it against him
Perhaps the mean messages were from some of the JWs on the site as I know they consider it sinful, either them or some other legalistic people. Take no notice. In general smoking is not condemned as a sin even though people may not like it. My husband smoked for years after we both became Christians. He wasn't called out about it and although he stopped smoking as such 11 years ago he still 'vapes'.

Last edited:
Reactions: Nancy

Bob Estey

Aug 18, 2021
Sparks, Nevada
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think the Lord is fair and merciful to each of us.

Zachariah

Mar 20, 2023
Belief in government = belief in slavery.
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Consequences are served based on the actions of our free will. Call it Natural Law, Karma, Truth, Cause and Affect, God, whatever you like. But just know that whatever you do has consequence. It works for the individual and it also works as a whole. So unfortunately we suffer the consequences of all human behaviour combined. That's why things sometimes seem unfair.

Selah

May 15, 2023
heaven bound
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Colossians 3:11 "Where there is neither Greek not Jew, circumcision nor uncircumcision, Barbarian, Scythian, bond nor free: but Christ is all, and in all."

In Christ, there is neither Gentile nor Israelite. In other words, there is no distinction because God is not a respecter of persons. It doesn’t matter where you live or what race you are or whether you’re rich, poor, beautiful or ugly. God wants our love….and a repentant ❤. It is only through Christ‘s precious blood on the Cross that any of us are saved. Thank You, Jesus.IMG_5247.gif

Reactions: Pearl