Does it matter if we dont know it all?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

DONNIE

Jan 29, 2008
The apostle Paul, who was caught up into Heaven, given divinerevelation, and wrote down most of the New Testament, said heonly knew in part.If he only knew in part -- how much more it must be true forus.One problem we have is too many people thinking they know morethan they really do. Just because you have read the Bible doesnot make you a Bible expert. Just because you have a degreefrom a Bible school does not mean you have all the answers.Even if you know Hebrew and Greek, so you can read the Bible inthe original languages, it does not mean you understand theBible. It can help, but it does not guarantee understanding.The apostle Paul certainly knew those languages, yet he onlyknew in part.We need to be smart enough to admit, along with the apostlePaul, that we don't know it all.It's not a sin to not know everything. We should not feel likewe must have an answer for every question.God even said there are some things that are secret.DEUTERONOMY 29:29 NKJ29 "The secret things belong to the Lord our God, but thosethings which are revealed belong to us and to our childrenforever, that we may do all the words of this law.God also indicates there are things in His Word we will onlysee if we search diligently and work at it, like we weredigging for silver (Proverbs 2:1-7).So, we all need to remain humble. Humility always accompanieswisdom. There is much in the Bible that none of us yet knowscompletely.1 CORINTHIANS 13:12 NKJ12 For now we see in a mirror, dimly, but then face to face.Now I know in part, but then I shall know just as I also amknown.Only when we are face to face with God will we see the wholepicture. Until then we will only know in part. Certainly we canlearn more now, and we should. But we must always rememberthat, in this life, none of us will ever know it all.

treeoflife

Apr 30, 2008
When I was saved... you could have asked me the next day, "Is Jesus God?"I would have said, "I don't know... which one is the right answer?"Jesus being God is often something many brothers and sisters say MUST BE BELIEVED in order to be a Chrsitian. However, I know this is not so. Then again... it could be argued that His Spirit within me CONFIRMED THIS FACT, eventually, and I came to know it. Nevertheless, it is not knowledge that saves.Is it true? Why yes. Scripture certainly does indicate that Jesus is God, indeed. However, the knowledge of this is not required. Had I died before I attained this knowledge... I know where I would be. I would be in heaven with Him.Furthermore, consider the book of Acts, chapter 10 (Acts 10)Peter still didn't realize that he could eat what was "unclean". He also didn't even realize the Gospel was for the gentiles, and that ALL PEOPLE had grace in Christ... not just the Jews. Yet, even though, at that time, Peter didn't have full knowledge... I think we all know where he would be if he had died prior to the revelation Jesus gave him.It is true... knowledge helps us live on earth... "My people die for lack of knowledge." It also helps bring *some* a particular peice of the puzzle God may sovereignly require for them to know Him... "Be ready to give every man an answer for the hope that is in you..." One can't say which piece this is, so we desire to know it all rightly. In anycase, it is by His grace, and His grace alone we are saved. Faith in Him
smile.gif
. Knowledge comes later.

DONNIE

Jan 29, 2008
I made that post after a long struggle over the "rapture". I can find as many believers as non-belivers. I have seen it proved either way with scripture. For every verse that is pro, there is a verse that is con. The conclusion I have come to is that there will be a rapture. When will it come? After the last/seventh trumpet. When will that be? I don't know. Will I be ready. Yes. Either way; I will prepare myself with the knowledge to be there at the end. If I am taken before the beginning of the tribulation, praise the Lord. If I am left through the tribulation, praise the Lord. I will be ready.Donnie

eternalarcadia

Nov 15, 2007
(DONNIE;47772)
It's not a sin to not know everything. We should not feel likewe must have an answer for every question.
1 Peter 3:15 ...be ready always to give an answer to every man that asketh you a reason of the hope that is in you with meekness and fear.We should always be ready to answer the questions of unbelievers. in that sense, we should feel like we must have an answer for everything. But i dont know if thats the context you were meaning.

His By Grace

Dec 28, 2007
I really like your post, Donnie. I agree with you 100%. No one knows. If Jesus Himself doesn't even know, why should we pretend to know! Of course, I know people are speaking in more general terms than the specific day and hour. But scripture says only God, the Father, knows the exact time. I can rest in that. I have enough in trying not to worry about today. The Bible say to watch, pray, and be ready! I love to see a spirit of humility in someone because I think of how Jesus washed the disciples' feet. If He was a servant, then we should be too. Meekness isn't weakness.

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
(DONNIE;47775)
I made that post after a long struggle over the "rapture". I can find as many believers as non-belivers. I have seen it proved either way with scripture. For every verse that is pro, there is a verse that is con. The conclusion I have come to is that there will be a rapture. When will it come? After the last/seventh trumpet. When will that be? I don't know. Will I be ready. Yes. Either way; I will prepare myself with the knowledge to be there at the end. If I am taken before the beginning of the tribulation, praise the Lord. If I am left through the tribulation, praise the Lord. I will be ready.Donnie
Please Donnie show me one verse that says there will be a Pre-trib RaptureIm curious how you come to this conclusuion I know you to be serious about your bible study but Ive never seen one a verse taken in context to ever say such a thing Isnt that why its called a theroy there is no proof ?

DONNIE

Jan 29, 2008
Kriss. I was not implying a pre-trib rapture. I was saying that I have had it preached to me both ways. I have also learned that anywhere from 65% to 85% of churches teach pre-trib rapture. I also agree that scripture shows a rapture after the last trumpet. Why is it so complicated. Why do we have to "figure it out". I have pages upon pages of study material and im still confused. I stand by my statement "Will I be ready. Yes. Either way; I will prepare myself with the knowledge to be there at the end".DonniePS: I really do appreciate your posts.

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
LOL I know I do understand years ago I used to feel the same not about only Rapture doctrine but lots of doctrines who's right whats the right church has the bible been changed by men all the questions. The only thing I can tell you is I learned the truth is the Word of God the Bible is the only truth. Its men misreading it that cause's the problem. The more you block out men the louder God speaks. You can become confused by men misreading what is said But my first clue to the truth of this is how many times will Christ return ? We are told of once and at the last trump that is the 7th.Second I looked at the verse everyone uses in 1 Thess we will be caught up this is the main line used but when ?Surley God would have made this very clear to the believer that led me to 2 Thess Where he talks about our gathering to the Lord here he tells us all about this he tells us its after the son of pertion. Who is this son of perdition man of lawlessnessIt is Satan. That leads one to Rev. Where we are told of the tribulation so there is no room nor any scripture if taken in orderly manner that talks of any Pre-trib RaptureWe are told what happens at the End the 7th and last trump.1Cr 15:51 Behold, I shew you a mystery; We shall not all sleep, but we shall all be changed, 1Cr 15:52 In a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trump: for the trumpet shall sound, and the dead shall be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed. The more you read of God and the less you let men confuse you the clearer the answers become

bullfighter

Jan 21, 2008
(kriss;48253)
LOL I know I do understand years ago I used to feel the same not about only Rapture doctrine but lots of doctrines who's right whats the right church has the bible been changed by men all the questions. The only thing I can tell you is I learned the truth is the Word of God the Bible is the only truth. Its men misreading it that cause's the problem. The more you block out men the louder God speaks. You can become confused by men misreading what is said But my first clue to the truth of this is how many times will Christ return ? We are told of once and at the last trump that is the 7th.Second I looked at the verse everyone uses in 1 Thess we will be caught up this is the main line used but when ?Surley God would have made this very clear to the believer that led me to 2 Thess Where he talks about our gathering to the Lord here he tells us all about this he tells us its after the son of pertion. Who is this son of perdition man of lawlessnessIt is Satan. That leads one to Rev. Where we are told of the tribulation so there is no room nor any scripture if taken in orderly manner that talks of any Pre-trib RaptureWe are told what happens at the End the 7th and last trump.1Cr 15:51 Behold, I shew you a mystery; We shall not all sleep, but we shall all be changed, 1Cr 15:52 In a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trump: for the trumpet shall sound, and the dead shall be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed. The more you read of God and the less you let men confuse you the clearer the answers become
till me who would be good enough to be in the pre rature [ the cathlics that killed 1000s in gods name but believed in jesus with there lips anyway so who today is more believing in him to deserve to be raptured [any one that says his name but live blindly to the truth as they did 2oo years ago .or is truth ever changing with the times so all that says his name would be going....to me the rapture does not even make sence