Does the one true church have to be catholic?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Universal?

Progression of the Covenants!

Adam:

(Marriage covenant)

Noah:

(Family covenant)

Abraham:

(Tribal covenant)

Moses:

(National covenant)

Jesus Christ:

(Universal covenant)

2nd Timothy Group

Nov 8, 2020
Cashmere
www.youtube.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It seems that Scripture speaks of what it is to be "True" in Romans chapter 2. Check this out!

[Rom 2:28-29 NLT] "For you are not a true Jew just because you were born of Jewish parents or because you have gone through the ceremony of circumcision. 29 No, a true Jew is one whose heart is right with God. And true circumcision is not merely obeying the letter of the law; rather, it is a change of heart produced by God's Spirit. And a person with a changed heart seeks praise from God, not from people."

Abraham is our Father of Circumcision of the Heart, which is what makes him so critical in our understanding of God's Holy Word.

[Rom 4:11-12 NLT] "Circumcision was a sign that Abraham already had faith and that God had already accepted him and declared him to be righteous--even before he was circumcised. So Abraham is the spiritual father of those who have faith but have not been circumcised. They are counted as righteous because of their faith. 12 And Abraham is also the spiritual father of those who have been circumcised, but only if they have the same kind of faith Abraham had before he was circumcised."

This means that those who have received the Circumcision of Christ, His exclusive Operation not by human hands . . . this is the True Church. Nothing outside of Spiritual Circumcision can bring Holy Salvation . . . the Hands of Christ as He conducts His specific Circumcision is what saves . . . nothing else.

Colossians 2:11-15 NLT - "When you came to Christ, you were "circumcised," but not by a physical procedure. Christ performed a spiritual circumcision--the cutting away of your sinful nature. 12 For you were buried with Christ when you were baptized. And with him you were raised to new life because you trusted the mighty power of God, who raised Christ from the dead. 13 You were dead because of your sins and because your sinful nature was not yet cut away. Then God made you alive with Christ, for he forgave all our sins. 14 He canceled the record of the charges against us and took it away by nailing it to the cross. 15 In this way, he disarmed the spiritual rulers and authorities. He shamed them publicly by his victory over them on the cross."

So as you can see, anyone with the Circumcision of Christ [is] the True Church. :)

Amazing . . . isn't it?

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It seems that Scripture speaks of what it is to be "True" in Romans chapter 2. Check this out!

[Rom 2:28-29 NLT] "For you are not a true Jew just because you were born of Jewish parents or because you have gone through the ceremony of circumcision. 29 No, a true Jew is one whose heart is right with God. And true circumcision is not merely obeying the letter of the law; rather, it is a change of heart produced by God's Spirit. And a person with a changed heart seeks praise from God, not from people."

Abraham is our Father of Circumcision of the Heart, which is what makes him so critical in our understanding of God's Holy Word.

[Rom 4:11-12 NLT] "Circumcision was a sign that Abraham already had faith and that God had already accepted him and declared him to be righteous--even before he was circumcised. So Abraham is the spiritual father of those who have faith but have not been circumcised. They are counted as righteous because of their faith. 12 And Abraham is also the spiritual father of those who have been circumcised, but only if they have the same kind of faith Abraham had before he was circumcised."

This means that those who have received the Circumcision of Christ, His exclusive Operation not by human hands . . . this is the True Church. Nothing outside of Spiritual Circumcision can bring Holy Salvation . . . the Hands of Christ as He conducts His specific Circumcision is what saves . . . nothing else.

Colossians 2:11-15 NLT - "When you came to Christ, you were "circumcised," but not by a physical procedure. Christ performed a spiritual circumcision--the cutting away of your sinful nature. 12 For you were buried with Christ when you were baptized. And with him you were raised to new life because you trusted the mighty power of God, who raised Christ from the dead. 13 You were dead because of your sins and because your sinful nature was not yet cut away. Then God made you alive with Christ, for he forgave all our sins. 14 He canceled the record of the charges against us and took it away by nailing it to the cross. 15 In this way, he disarmed the spiritual rulers and authorities. He shamed them publicly by his victory over them on the cross."

So as you can see, anyone with the Circumcision of Christ [is] the True Church. :)

Amazing . . . isn't it?
No the one true church was founded by Christ on Peter and the apostles and their successors Matt 16:18 18:18

Jesus Christ continues HIS ministry in His new covenant church thru Peter, the apostles, and their successors with the same mission, power, and authority!
Mt 16:18 Mt 28:19 Acts 1:17 acts 8:31 & 35 Lk 10:16 Jn 8:32 Jn 13:20 Jn 15:5 Jn 16:13 Jn 20:21-22 eph 2:20

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Also faith baptism is required for salvation

Mk 16:16

Context of Jn 3:5 “born again”

John1:26 John answered them, saying, I baptize with water: but there standeth one among you, whom ye know not; (John prepared the way by baptism)

John 2:6 And there were set there six waterpots of stone, after the manner of the purifying of the Jews, containing two or three firkins apiece. (Old covenant prefiguring of baptism, purification from sin)(His disciples believed because the ever Virgin mother of God interceded Jn 2:11)

John3:5 Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God. (Baptism)

John 3:22 After these things came Jesus and his disciples into the land of Judaea; and there he tarried with them, and baptized. 23 And John also was baptizing in Aenon near to Salim, because there was much water there: and they came, and were baptized.(Baptism)

John 4:4 When therefore the Lord knew how the Pharisees had heard that Jesus made and baptized more disciples than John.

Born again means Baptism!

Jane_Doe22

Jul 29, 2018
Mid-west USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Does the one true church have to be catholic?

NO!!! The Roman Catholic Church is one denomination of thousands claiming Christ. Selection of which should be a matter of intense personal study and prayer. Never should you join a church just because somebody claimed "Hey I'm the right church!" or man's arguments. Join when you hear GOD Himself tell you "This is my church".

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jn 1:29 Jn 3:16 world = universe universal Greek for catholic

Major covenants!

Adam:
(Marriage covenant)

Noah:
(Family covenant)

Abraham:
(Tribal covenant)

Moses:
(National covenant)

Jesus Christ:
(Universal covenant)

New and eternal covenant founded by Jesus Christ! Matt 16:18

Universal (Catholic)

Peter, and the apostles, and their successors sent by Christ!

Lk 10:16 He who hears you hears me, he who rejects you rejects me!

Jn 5:23
That all men should honour the Son, even as they honour the Father. He that honoureth not the Son honoureth not the Father which hath sent him.

John 13:20
Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that receiveth whomsoever I send receiveth me; and he that receiveth me receiveth him that sent me.

Jn 20:21-22
Then said Jesus to them again, Peace be unto you: as my Father hath sent me, even so send I you.

22 And when he had said this, he breathed on them, and saith unto them, Receive ye the Holy Ghost:

Matt 28:19
Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:

Disciples must be taught:

The apostles cannot teach error:

Jn 8:32

Jn 16:13
Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth: for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak: and he will shew you things to come.

Must receive the apostles and their successors

Jn 13:20
Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that receiveth whomsoever I send receiveth me; and he that receiveth me receiveth him that sent me.

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Doesn't necessarily have anything to do with the Roman Catholic Church.

theefaith why do you attend the Roman Catholic Church? Especially when you believe that it's current leader is an apostate?

it’s still the true church the true faith the only household of faith, the kingdom of God on earth

1 Pet 3:20
Which sometime were disobedient, when once the longsuffering of God waited in the days of Noah, while the ark was a preparing, wherein few, that is, eight souls were saved by water.

21 The like figure whereunto even baptism doth also now save us!
(Ark of Noah a type of the church, member of Christ and his church and salvation by baptism!)
(Outside the ark all died and outside the church there is no salvation!)

Jane_Doe22

Jul 29, 2018
Mid-west USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
it’s still the true church the true faith the only household of faith, the kingdom of God on earth

1 Pet 3:20
Which sometime were disobedient, when once the longsuffering of God waited in the days of Noah, while the ark was a preparing, wherein few, that is, eight souls were saved by water.

21 The like figure whereunto even baptism doth also now save us!
(Ark of Noah a type of the church, member of Christ and his church and salvation by baptism!)
(Outside the ark all died and outside the church there is no salvation!)
That doesn't answer my question as to why do you attend the Roman Catholic Church? Especially when you believe that it's current leader is an apostate?

Reactions: 2nd Timothy Group

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There’s only one church, in the days of Noah there was only one ark
Jn 10:16

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If you want to just default into things, you certainly have that right. But it doesn’t remotely work for me and I’m guessing many others.

you are choosing the king but rejecting the kingdom He founded?

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
you are choosing the king but rejecting the kingdom He founded?
Is that which is without somehow better or elevate above that which is within?

"Neither shall they say, Lo here! or, lo there! for, behold, the kingdom of God is within you." Luke 17:12

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Is that which is without somehow better or elevate above that which is within?

"Neither shall they say, Lo here! or, lo there! for, behold, the kingdom of God is within you." Luke 17:12

we are also in the kingdom, the body of Christ the new covenant church

1 Corinthians 12:13
For by one Spirit are we all baptized into one body, whether we be Jews or Gentiles, whether we be bond or free; and have been all made to drink into one Spirit.

Reactions: amadeus