does this contradict or is it a mepthaor

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Holy999

Feb 18, 2020
stockholm
Faith
Christian
Country
Sweden
And I put a ring on your nose and earrings in your ears and a beautiful crown on your head

You shall not make any cuts on your body for the dead or tattoo yourselves: I am the Lord.

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
addressing the OP, is that the Lord doings or you?

Ezekiel 16:6 "And when I passed by thee, and saw thee polluted in thine own blood, I said unto thee when thou wast in thy blood, Live; yea, I said unto thee when thou wast in thy blood, Live."

PICJAG
101G The "Spiritual Saboteur"

Holy999

Feb 18, 2020
stockholm
Faith
Christian
Country
Sweden
addressing the OP, is that the Lord doings or you?

Ezekiel 16:6 "And when I passed by thee, and saw thee polluted in thine own blood, I said unto thee when thou wast in thy blood, Live; yea, I said unto thee when thou wast in thy blood, Live."

PICJAG
101G The "Spiritual Saboteur"

dont know:)

DNB

Dec 8, 2019
Toronto
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
And I put a ring on your nose and earrings in your ears and a beautiful crown on your head

You shall not make any cuts on your body for the dead or tattoo yourselves: I am the Lord.
I don't see the contradiction, as jewelry and crowns are not the same offense as defacing the body. Ostentation is displeasing to God, as is scaring the body for worship or idolatry, but I believe that God's remark about crowns and jewelry is figurative, like you said. It merely means that He blessed and honoured them beyond their imaginations, ...and in return, they were ungrateful and defiant towards Him (I'm trying to recall where that verse is from - prophet rebuking Israel?).