DOES YOUR CHURCH WANT THE PRESENCE OF THE HOLY SPIRIT?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I ask because not all churches do. I don’t know how other churches are run but in the C of E it is the Parochial Church Council (PCC) who makes the decisions concerning the running of the church and when necessary appointing new clergy. If there are a majority of traditional, nominal Christians on the PCC the church could become stagnant as they don’t like change and want things done as they have always been done.

After I became born again the vicar of the church I joined encouraged me to put my name forward for election to the PCC as he wanted there to be a majority of Spirit filled believers making the decisions, which we did. Many of the traditionalists weren’t too happy about the changes that were brought about such as mid week bible study groups in parishioners homes, a praise and worship service once a month instead of the usual evensong and also to incorporate a time of prayer for healing during services to name a couple of examples.

Our lovely vicar encouraged us to read books that would encourage us and build us up, books like ‘When The Spirit Comes’ and he took us to hear powerful preachers. And things really started to take off.

The other side of the coin, so to speak, was a church I heard of which had been lively and full of the Spirit until the vicar had to leave. Sadly the nominal Christians on the PCC were in the majority and decided that they didn’t want any more of ‘that Holy Spirit stuff’ so made sure they chose as their new vicar a man with similar thoughts. And guess what? That church stopped thriving and stopped growing.

That should serve as a warning to all of us who are Spirit filled to not shy away from serving our church communities in leadership or supportive roles. And we should never expect or encourage one person to make all the decisions. Let God back into his Church.

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There is coming a day when the Holy Spirit will be removed from the earth. Bet they wished He was around after that!

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Holy Spirit showed me that the Great Awakening is already happening all over the world. People are stirring up the gifts that is in them and manifesting His power in healings and deliverance and through signs and wonders and prophesying.
He also showed me that the great apostasy is happening simultaneously...the falling away.
Just yesterday I was watching the news and Hollywood was actually promoting a film that is called The Hunt....it is about hunting down conservatives, christians and anyone who supports the current leadership and killing them.....HOWEVER they were forced to pull it and take it off the market due to severe backlash. This is in America! Hollywood has become so evil! And so open about their hatred for christian ideology.

Reactions: amadeus and Nancy
B

Butterfly

Before I came back to Broghton to love I felt led to go and worship at one of the village churches, they met in my old junior school. It was just so alive, very much open to the gifts and it was growing as a church had developed many community projects. I moved back about a year later, and went back to that church - the old minister had gone, and apparantly many were pleased. It still had a balance of those who were open to the Holy Spirit. I felt it was the right church to go along to. Once I became a member I saw two sides to the congregation, those who wanted the ' old ' times back and those who wanted to move forward and follow Gods leading through his spirit. One by one those who were open left. Eventually I did.
The old minister had gradually been dragged down by the opposing views and the older members who wanted the church to be as it use to be. There was division and so much infighting. I had a picture given to me one day of an army marching through the village, there were people on the sidelines fighting, the leader of the army asked ' do you want to join in the real battle ' but the people on the side lines were too preoccupied to hear. I knew that those who were preoccupied represented the church I was part of ( it wasn't C of E , but a baptist church )
Rita

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Holy Spirit showed me that the Great Awakening is already happening all over the world. People are stirring up the gifts that is in them and manifesting His power in healings and deliverance and through signs and wonders and prophesying.
He also showed me that the great apostasy is happening simultaneously...the falling away.
Just yesterday I was watching the news and Hollywood was actually promoting a film that is called The Hunt....it is about hunting down conservatives, christians and anyone who supports the current leadership and killing them.....HOWEVER they were forced to pull it and take it off the market due to severe backlash. This is in America! Hollywood has become so evil! And so open about their hatred for christian ideology.

They have not decided to show the movie....at this time. That is only due to the recent shootings. They are afraid the movie will put leftest liberals, in a bad light and might affect the election. Don't think their attitude in making this movie has changed. It has not. They hate the 'deplorables'. They would like to kill the deplorables. If the law allowed, they would kill the deplorables.

That hasn't changed. The movie will be seen and embraced by the atheistic liberal left. All the while they will be speaking of how to treat your fellow man. How you should love one another. Just like aspen does. All the while, wishing they could hunt those Christians down and kill them.

Yes, Hollywood is evil. The atheistic left is evil, though they present themselves as lovers of mankind.

Just don't buy into their bs.

Stranger

Reactions: Heart2Soul

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
They have not decided to show the movie....at this time. That is only due to the recent shootings. They are afraid the movie will put leftest liberals, in a bad light and might affect the election. Don't think their attitude in making this movie has changed. It has not. They hate the 'deplorables'. They would like to kill the deplorables. If the law allowed, they would kill the deplorables.

That hasn't changed. The movie will be seen and embraced by the atheistic liberal left. All the while they will be speaking of how to treat your fellow man. How you should love one another. Just like aspen does. All the while, wishing they could hunt those Christians down and kill them.

Yes, Hollywood is evil. The atheistic left is evil, though they present themselves as lovers of mankind.

Just don't buy into their bs.

Stranger
I will pray this movie is never released for public viewing. Stand in agreement with me and pray against it!

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I will pray this movie is never released for public viewing. Stand in agreement with me and pray against it!

Whether the movie is released or not it shows the heart of the liberal left. I would rather it be known what the left really is then for they to go ahead and operate as some grand saints of mankind, when in actuality they are just murderers who want their way.

I understand your opposition to it. I am just more willing to let it expose them for who they are. Hope you understand. Whether it is released or not, will not change their attitude. And that needs to be seen.

Stranger

Reactions: Heart2Soul

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Whether the movie is released or not it shows the heart of the liberal left. I would rather it be known what the left really is then for they to go ahead and operate as some grand saints of mankind, when in actuality they are just murderers who want their way.

I understand your opposition to it. I am just more willing to let it expose them for who they are. Hope you understand. Whether it is released or not, will not change their attitude. And that needs to be seen.

Stranger
His Will be done....you know that the weak minded will buy into it and believe it as if it were gospel. But the groundwork has to be laid to set up what was prophesied.
I hope people are paying attention to the sly workings of the spirit of antichrist at work right before our very eyes. It's time to wake up, spirit filled believers. Amen!

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Before I came back to Broghton to love I felt led to go and worship at one of the village churches, they met in my old junior school. It was just so alive, very much open to the gifts and it was growing as a church had developed many community projects. I moved back about a year later, and went back to that church - the old minister had gone, and apparantly many were pleased. It still had a balance of those who were open to the Holy Spirit. I felt it was the right church to go along to. Once I became a member I saw two sides to the congregation, those who wanted the ' old ' times back and those who wanted to move forward and follow Gods leading through his spirit. One by one those who were open left. Eventually I did.
The old minister had gradually been dragged down by the opposing views and the older members who wanted the church to be as it use to be. There was division and so much infighting. I had a picture given to me one day of an army marching through the village, there were people on the sidelines fighting, the leader of the army asked ' do you want to join in the real battle ' but the people on the side lines were too preoccupied to hear. I knew that those who were preoccupied represented the church I was part of ( it wasn't C of E , but a baptist church )
Rita
It's very sad isn't it? It's Satan working on the Church from the inside like in the Screwtape Letters. It must be happening all over the world as people look back instead of forward; as they make decisions without consulting God.

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I ask because not all churches do. I don’t know how other churches are run but in the C of E it is the Parochial Church Council (PCC) who makes the decisions concerning the running of the church and when necessary appointing new clergy. If there are a majority of traditional, nominal Christians on the PCC the church could become stagnant as they don’t like change and want things done as they have always been done.

After I became born again the vicar of the church I joined encouraged me to put my name forward for election to the PCC as he wanted there to be a majority of Spirit filled believers making the decisions, which we did. Many of the traditionalists weren’t too happy about the changes that were brought about such as mid week bible study groups in parishioners homes, a praise and worship service once a month instead of the usual evensong and also to incorporate a time of prayer for healing during services to name a couple of examples.

Our lovely vicar encouraged us to read books that would encourage us and build us up, books like ‘When The Spirit Comes’ and he took us to hear powerful preachers. And things really started to take off.

The other side of the coin, so to speak, was a church I heard of which had been lively and full of the Spirit until the vicar had to leave. Sadly the nominal Christians on the PCC were in the majority and decided that they didn’t want any more of ‘that Holy Spirit stuff’ so made sure they chose as their new vicar a man with similar thoughts. And guess what? That church stopped thriving and stopped growing.

That should serve as a warning to all of us who are Spirit filled to not shy away from serving our church communities in leadership or supportive roles. And we should never expect or encourage one person to make all the decisions. Let God back into his Church.

Hi Pat,
Where I attend, has all kinds of activities/events/missions/ many small groups, on and on. In July, our Church had hundreds of professional carpenters, electricians, engineers etc. involved in something called "8 Days of Hope", this is where homes are repaired, at no cost to them. This is what they accomplished this year in Buffalo, Ny:

"Over the course of eight days, 375 families were served and over $775,000 of work was completed all in the name of Jesus!"
Eight Days of Hope

My Church most surely does operate in the Spirit...our praise and worship is lively, we clap and raise our hands. So, If this is what you mean then, yes...we are :)
xo

Reactions: marksman

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
His Will be done....you know that the weak minded will buy into it and believe it as if it were gospel. But the groundwork has to be laid to set up what was prophesied.
I hope people are paying attention to the sly workings of the spirit of antichrist at work right before our very eyes. It's time to wake up, spirit filled believers. Amen!

Good words.

Stranger

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

I think the question is how does your church express the presence of the Holy Spirit? All Christian Churches welcome and believe the Holy Spirit is present. My Church believes in Gods presence in the sacraments, which is no less valid than flamboyant expression in worship

Last edited:
Reactions: historyb

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There is coming a day when the Holy Spirit will be removed from the earth. Bet they wished He was around after that!

"Behold, the days come, saith the Lord GOD, that I will send a famine in the land, not a famine of bread, nor a thirst for water, but of hearing the words of the LORD:" Amos 8:11

Last edited:

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Pat,
Where I attend, has all kinds of activities/events/missions/ many small groups, on and on. In July, our Church had hundreds of professional carpenters, electricians, engineers etc. involved in something called "8 Days of Hope", this is where homes are repaired, at no cost to them. This is what they accomplished this year in Buffalo, Ny:

"Over the course of eight days, 375 families were served and over $775,000 of work was completed all in the name of Jesus!"
Eight Days of Hope

My Church most surely does operate in the Spirit...our praise and worship is lively, we clap and raise our hands. So, If this is what you mean then, yes...we are :)
xo
That's great Nancy.

Reactions: Nancy

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I think the question is how does your church express the presence of the Holy Spirit? All Christian Churches welcome and believe the Holy Spirit is present. My Church believes in Gods presence in the sacraments, which is no less valid than flamboyant expression in worship
Not all people in all churches want to be led by the Holy Spirit. I wasn't talking about 'flamboyant' worship - which can be lovely - but the quiet leading of the Holy Spirit in all things.

Reactions: aspen and Nancy

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
It's very sad isn't it? It's Satan working on the Church from the inside like in the Screwtape Letters. It must be happening all over the world as people look back instead of forward; as they make decisions without consulting God.
I found that book really strange...o_O

Reactions: aspen

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Rita
I think part of the secret of finding good local church fellowship is for the individual prayerfully to follow Proverbs 3.5-6, in your post header. (Great verses there!)