Doing The Right Thing

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

April_Rose

Sep 15, 2020
Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
As Christians we always want to do the right thing, but how do we always know what the right thing is?

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
As Christians we always want to do the right thing, but how do we always know what the right thing is?
We are supposed to hear and see by the Holy Ghost! Of course many do not and many are receiving mixed messages rather a single clear message from God. Whose fault? Not God's!

Paul warns people very simply but most are too busy with their own more important things to pay close attention:

"Quench not the Spirit." I Thess 5:19

FHII

Apr 9, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I suppose it depends on what level of "the right thing" we are talking about. But I wonder if a case could be made for common sense and previous life experience.

Reactions: April_Rose

Desire Of All Nations

Jun 23, 2021
Troy
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Bible already shows how a person can always do the right thing: don't put anything in the place of God, don't use physical representations of God or anything else in Heaven for any reason, don't defile His name, don't profane His Sabbaths, honor human parents, don't murder, don't commit adultery, don't steal, don't lie, and don't covet things that aren't yours'.

The problem isn't that we can't always how to always do the right thing. The problem is that human nature all too often leads us into rationalizing ways around doing the opposite. If a course of action means breaking any of those 10 commandments, then it is the wrong course of action to take.