Don't know where to put this thread.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So here is a bench/pew I need a verse for. I'm painting it white except for the seat, which I'm going to stain and seal.

The verse is going on the seat back, in the box.

Actually, I have 2 benches and want different verses on each one. The verse can't be super long.

Looking for suggestions.

Attachments

• 1562784101887254492925.jpg
    1562784101887254492925.jpg
    247 KB · Views: 0
Reactions: Nancy

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So here is a bench/pew I need a verse for. I'm painting it white except for the seat, which I'm going to stain and seal.

Actually, I have 2 benches and want different verses on each one. The verse can't be super long.

Looking for suggestions.
I like Matthew 11:28
"Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest."
or
"I will refresh the weary and satisfy the faint." - Jeremiah 31:25
or
Be still before the LORD and wait patiently for him. - ~Psalm 37:7.

Just too many Jen!!! lol.

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Looking for suggestions.
There are simply dozens of verses you could choose. Think about John 3:5 and 7 on each bench (abbreviated as below):

Except a man be born again, he cannot see the Kingdom of God.

Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the Kingdom of God.

That should get people thinking about the Kingdom of God and whether they have seen it or entered into it.

Reactions: stunnedbygrace

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
or
or

Oh my gosh...excellent! PERFECT quotes for a bench! Oh my gosh. The first and third ones you gave. That's it!! Thank you so much!

Reactions: Butterfly and Nancy

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
or
or

I like Nancy's better, just throwing in one, maybe on the second bench. Revelation 21:6 "And he said unto me, It is done. I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end. I will give unto him that is athirst of the fountain of the water of life freely.". maybe a little long, but you might can tourniquet it at end. I gave it a shot. hats off to Nancy.

PICJAG.

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Looking for suggestions.

Gen 22:5 Abraham said unto his young men, Abide ye here with the ass; and I and the lad will go yonder and worship, and come again to you.

Exo 23:12
If thou meet thine enemy's ox or his ass going astray, thou shalt surely bring it back to him again.

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Oh my gosh...excellent! PERFECT quotes for a bench! Oh my gosh. The first and third ones you gave. That's it!! Thank you so much!
Oh YAY...I win! I win!!! Lol. Cool! Can't wait to see them when you are finished :)

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Gen 22:5 Abraham said unto his young men, Abide ye here with the ass; and I and the lad will go yonder and worship, and come again to you.

Exo 23:12
If thou meet thine enemy's ox or his ass going astray, thou shalt surely bring it back to him again.
LOL Ron! You are funny, I like the Gen. one best...

Reactions: aspen

Philip James

May 4, 2018
Brandon
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada

Looking for suggestions.

Rev 22:17

The Spirit and the bride say, "Come." Let the hearer say, "Come." Let the one who thirsts come forward, and the one who wants it receive the gift of life-giving water.

Peace be with you!

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"... he sat down at the right hand of God. "
Hebrews 10 :3b
When He had made purification of sins, He sat down at the right hand of the Majesty on high" :)

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
How about a verse and a prayer?

John 12:32: - if I am lifted up, from the earth, {I} will draw all to myself."
May all who use this pew be drawn ever closer into His Loving Embrace in worship.​

I have changed the sense of the verse by the addition of a coma, in that as we worship, i.e. lifting up through worship, we are drawn closers unto Christ.

Just my 2 cents worth. It is a suggestion only to put a blessing on the back of the bench to cover all who may simply use the bench

Last edited:
Reactions: Nancy