Don't set a date; wait!

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

tabletalk

Feb 6, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Habakkuk 2:2-4

2 Then the Lord answered me and said:

"Write the vision
And make it plain on tablets,
That he may run who reads it.
3 For the vision is yet for an appointed time;
But at the end it will speak, and it will not lie.
Though it tarries, wait for it;
Because it will surely come,
It will not tarry.
4 Behold the proud,
His soul is not upright in him;
But the just shall live by his faith."

So, should one set a date for the Rapture, etc.? The just shall live by his faith, that God will accomplish His purposes: "it will surely come", at "an appointed time", and "it will not lie".

Looks like a date-setter(one who knows the "appointed time") might be "the proud" and "his soul is not upright in him".

Questor

Messianic Gentile
Jun 11, 2012
SoCal Mountains
Faith
Country
United States
We are permitted to know all those things that lead to the Day of Jacob's trouble...and the Church and the Remnant of Israel being protected or evacuated as G-d pleases. We understand the idioms of prophecy a bit better than before, and know that 'that day' will take place on 'A' feast of Trumpets...we are not permitted to know which one in advance.

We know that the 2,550 days of Daniel, which is the 70th week of years of the prophecy in Daniel has the possibility to fit the period of time beginning 9/23/2017, and ending on Yom Kippur, 2024...but we also know there are other, later windows of opportunity available for G-d to work his wonders, only a few years distant in time.

We know that the Tetrad of Moon Eclipses leading to the fulfillment of the Revelation 12:1-2 is important information, and are Signs from G-d telling us to look sharp...he is about to do something. However, G-d is never early, and we tend to think his manner of waiting until the last minute to do something exasperating...just like little children getting impatient for Dad to get home from work, when it is only noon.

Abba is not going to dance to our tune, nor simply because we do not like what is happening on the earth, pull any of us out of the world...particularly when Yeshua asked G-d not to. The Remnant of Israel is protected on the ground, and the Parousia is at 7th Trump of G-d...not a synagogue blowing a shofar on Yom Teruah.

When we have a Temple, and Sacrifices upon it ready to be interrupted by an AntiChrist not yet appearing on the current international political scene, we can talk about the timing of the 'Catching Away to meet Christ in the Air'. Until then, we can watch, and discuss, and make no foolish speculations.

Heb 13:8

Nov 2, 2016
USA
Looks like a date-setter(one who knows the "appointed time") might be "the proud" and "his soul is not upright in him".

Well, it's actually the opposite. Jesus commands us to wake up so He doesn't come like a thief.

Rev 3:3 Remember, therefore, what you have received and heard; hold it fast, and repent. But if you do not wake up, I will come like a thief, and you will not know at what time I will come to you.

If you go to Leviticus 23 there are seven feasts of the Lord. The word "festival" in Hebrew is translated "moed" which means: appointed time, place, or meeting. The first four feasts have already been fulfilled by Jesus Christ 2,000 years ago, and the last three are still future. Jesus fulfilled the first four feasts to the day literally, and the next feast on God's calendar is the Feast of Trumpets which is two days before the great sign appears in heaven. Each festival (an appointed time in history) represents an event Jesus fulfilled or will fulfill in the near future. The Feast of Trumpets represents the rapture of the church at the end of the church age, the age of Grace.

1. The Passover (God leads the Jews out of Egypt and slavery)
2. Unleavened Bread (The Death and Burial of Jesus Christ)
3. First Fruits (Resurrection of Jesus Christ)
4. Feast of Weeks/Pentecost (The beginning of the church age, Holy Spirit indwells believers)
5. Feast of Trumpets (The rapture of the church)
6. Day of Atonement (Jesus lands on the Mount of Olives and atones for the sins of Israel at the end of the 7 year tribulation)
7. Feast of Tabernacles (The 1,000 year reign with Christ)

God also gave us the 1260, 1290 and 1335 days in Daniel and Revelation. We are the daily sacrifice being taken away tabletalk. The rapture will kick off the 1290 days. 1290 days later is 4/2/21, Passover Sabbath at Abomination of Desolation. 1260 days later is 9/13/24, the second coming of Christ landing on the Day of Atonement.

In Dan 12:11, "daily" in Hebrew is translated "continually". Also read Heb 13:15..

Dan 12:11 "From the time that the daily sacrifice (body of Christ) is abolished and the abomination that causes desolation is set up, there will be 1,290 days.

Rom 3:25 God presented Christ as a sacrifice of atonement, through the shedding of his blood—to be received by faith. He did this to demonstrate his righteousness, because in his forbearance he had left the sins committed beforehand unpunished—

Rom 6:13 Do not present the parts of your body to sin as instruments of wickedness, but present yourselves to God as those who have been brought from death to life; and present the parts of your body to Him as instruments of righteousness.

Rom 12:1 Therefore, I urge you, brothers and sisters, in view of God's mercy, to offer your bodies as a living sacrifice, holy and pleasing to God--this is your true and proper worship.

Rom 15:16 to be a minister of Christ Jesus to the Gentiles in the priestly service of the gospel of God, so that the Gentiles might become an acceptable offering to God, sanctified by the Holy Spirit.

Phil 2:17 But even if I am being poured out like a drink offering on the sacrifice and service coming from your faith, I am glad and rejoice with all of you.

Heb 13:15 Through Jesus, therefore, let us continually offer to God a sacrifice of praise—the fruit of lips that openly profess his name.

FHII

Apr 9, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Let me start that I don't subscribe to the rapture theory as almost everyone who does has explained it to me. However, I do believe that within my lifetime "it" is going to happen. The prophecies that are in the Bible concerning "the end times" is going to at least start. I think perhaps maybe they have already started.

But... For 2000 years people have believed "it" was going to happen. Maybe a 1000 years will pass and I will join those that thought it was going to happen.

I am fine with that. I am preparing as though it will.

Reactions: Questor and Job

Nov 2, 2016
USA
But... For 2000 years people have believed "it" was going to happen. Maybe a 1000 years will pass and I will join those that thought it was going to happen.

What are your thoughts on the word "harpazo" being in Rev 12:5 and the Rev 12:1-5 great sign coming to pass on 9/23/17. Thank you FHII.

FHII

Apr 9, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What are your thoughts on the word "harpazo" being in Rev 12:5 and the Rev 12:1-5 great sign coming to pass on 9/23/17. Thank you FHII.

Good heavens! Talk about your questions that can't be answered in 10 thousand words or less....

Ok. First, I don't have a concordance with me right away. I am not knowledgeable enough to know the Greek word for every English word in the Bible. But I do have google.

First, we have to start with interpretations of Rev 12. I believe it is a history of the world and that will take more than 10 thousand words to support.

It is also a history of the Church and my personal history... Both would also take 10K words to explain.

But I think you are focusing on her child being caught up to God and to his throne. Forgive my ignorance if I am wrong.

But I am already there. I have been seized. I have already been snatched away. I have been taken by force and I say that in full honesty as I sit here in my easy-chair typing on my cell phone.

I have already experienced the rapture. I heard the trump of the arch angel and I have been caught up with Jesus. Its just that bone and sinew still have the fence around me.

All that is Biblical...Again, its well beyond my ability to explain it in a short time. As for 9/23/17... Sorry. I haven't followed the discussion on that. I am totally ignorant of what you believe will happen on that day.

But that day is a Saturday. I have plans for that day: I plan to be in a cycling race at 9 AM. I have plans the day before and after.... I will be in Church. Incidently, the day before is a special day for me as its my wedding anniversary. No specific plans... But sometime around that date we will be celebrating.

If God has different plans, amen. I am as ready for that as I am 3 seconds from now. I have a perpetual plan of "Lord not my will, but thy will be done".

I am as ready for anything God has planned right now as I am on 9/23...

Questor

Messianic Gentile
Jun 11, 2012
SoCal Mountains
Faith
Country
United States
The Rev. 12:1-2 description is being literally carried out the evening of 9/23/17 in the skies over Jerusalem.

Revelation 12:1-4 (CJB)
1 Now a great sign was seen in heaven — a woman clothed with the sun, under her feet the moon, and on her head a crown of twelve stars.
2 She was pregnant and about to give birth, and she screamed in the agony of labor.
3 Another sign was seen in heaven: there was a great red dragon with seven heads and ten horns, and on its heads were seven royal crowns.
4 Its tail swept a third of the stars out of heaven and threw them down to the earth. It stood in front of the woman about to give birth, so that it might devour the child the moment it was born.

By signs, we are talking constellations coming into alignment in Virgo and Leo plus there is discussion of a planetary body that is not visible as yet, but disrupting planets further out from our sun, that could conceivably have a trail of meteors and ice in it's wake, and be able to conveniently drop some on the Earth at G-d's command.

Some people take these signs to be indicative of the Church being snatched away from the planet, while others believe that the sign in the sky is simply a heads up that the final 7 years of the prophecy in Daniel is beginning, as the calender has exactly 2550 days between Yom Teruah 2017, and Yom Kippur 2024.

The fact that the sign takes place at Sunset over Jerusalem on Erev Shabbat following Yom Teruah, the Feast of Trumpets, it is falling on Shabbat Shuvah...the Sabbath of Repentance for the Jews leading up the 10 Days of Awe prior to Yom Kippur, and is thus more of a sign to the Jews to repent before the 'Day of the Lord'.

Please note that there are other 7 year cycles that fit Daniel's prophecy in the years following this 7 year window of opportunity, and that we do not have any guarantee that the Sign that will be in alignment on 9/23/17 is more than just an important heads up...for everyone, from G-d.

It doesn't mean that the Anti Christ will be noticeably on the ground any earlier than May 31, 2018...allowing 2300 days for his time of coming to power, and enacting the Tribulation, in time to be interrupted by Yeshua's return on Yom Kippur 2024. Where that leaves any 'Catching Away' is up to the various interpreters depending on when they thing the 'Catching Away' happens.

However you look at it, adding the 2 Solar Eclipses that take place during the next 7 years literally criss crossing over the US, which are known to be portents of significant events, the 'Great Sign' of Revelation 12:1-2 is certainly planned by G-d to warn us to be ready...for anything.

keras

Writer of Bible study guides
Mar 18, 2014
New Zealand
www.logostelos.info
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
Let me start that I don't subscribe to the rapture theory as almost everyone who does has explained it to me. However, I do believe that within my lifetime "it" is going to happen. The prophecies that are in the Bible concerning "the end times" is going to at least start. I think perhaps maybe they have already started.

I am fine with that. I am preparing as though it will.
Congratulations, you have avoided being deceived by the false rapture to heaven doctrine.

What is 'it' that will happen? What will be the next prophesied event?
It cannot be the Return of Jesus in glory for His Millennium reign, because much is prophesied to happen before that.
Jesus gave us the clue, when He quoted Isaiah 61:1-2a when He commenced His ministry. Luke 4:16-19 But Isaiah 61:2b continues on with: and a Day of the Lord's vengeance....
So, as the sequence in Revelation 6 shows, the next thing to happen will be the Lord's Day of vengeance and wrath, the Day of worldwide disaster, Zephaniah 1:14-18, 2 Peter 3:7, +, that will set the scene for the establishment of the One World Govt, but all the true believers, every born again Christian, will be motivated to travel to the holy Land, Isaiah 66:15-21, where we will fulfil God's desire to have a people there who will be His witnesses, Isaiah 43:10 and His Light to the nations. Isaiah 49:8

Nov 2, 2016
USA
But I am already there. I have been seized. I have already been snatched away. I have been taken by force and I say that in full honesty as I sit here in my easy-chair typing on my cell phone. I have already experienced the rapture. I heard the trump of the arch angel and I have been caught up with Jesus. Its just that bone and sinew still have the fence around me.

That's funny, even Paul felt prematurely born, 1 Cor 15:8. Are you the exception FHII. :rolleyes:

As for 9/23/17... Sorry. I haven't followed the discussion on that. I am totally ignorant of what you believe will happen on that day.

Rev 3:3 Remember, therefore, what you have received and heard; hold it fast, and repent. But if you do not wake up, I will come like a thief, and you will not know at what time I will come to you.

9/23/17, Rev 12:5, X etc..

But I think you are focusing on her child being caught up to God and to his throne. Forgive my ignorance if I am wrong.

Yes, the child is the body of Christ being born into incorruptible seed through rapture. Virgo gives birth to Jupiter this September. Is three months enough time to wake up? Maybe.