Double Minded Christians

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

robert derrick

Apr 13, 2021
Houston, tx
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There are no saved sinners, but there are double minded Christian believers that Jesus is the Son of God.

Romans 7 is Paul empathizing with the wretchedness of being double minded in the faith of Christ.

He is not preaching a 'duality of soul', nor is he showing the perpetual state of all Christians in sinful flesh: He is demonstrating the double minded life of them that have not gone on to perfection in full overcoming of sins, both in the heart and in the body.

The answer to his cry for help is Jesus Christ, where the law of the Spirit destroys the law of sin, by casting down every stronghold of sin in the mind, and plucking out every root of lust in the heart.

In this way faith, blood, and love of God can have her perfect work in the soul: Washing the soul clean of sins and staying clean.

James commands the double minded to take the firm stand against sin in the power of the Spirit of Christ and to purify their hearts from lust of sin of the flesh.

David experienced the same wretchedness of double mindedness in his own sin, and prays to God for mercy and restoration of repentance:

O LORD, rebuke me not in thine anger, neither chasten me in thy hot displeasure. Have mercy upon me, O LORD; for I am weak: O LORD, heal me; for my bones are vexed.
My soul is also sore vexed: but thou, O LORD, how long? Return, O LORD, deliver my soul: oh save me for thy mercies' sake. For in death there is no remembrance of thee: in the grave who shall give thee thanks? I am weary with my groaning; all the night make I my bed to swim; I water my couch with my tears. Mine eye is consumed because of grief; it waxeth old because of all mine enemies.

This is not the prayer of the righteous overcomer, but of the unrighteous overcome of sin.

David is not begging God to not judge him for his sin, but rather that God will deliver him from the sin that God must judge righteously, which is death.

God delivers no man from His judgment against sin, but God only delivers sinners from their sins, so that they are now saints who cannot be judged and condemned for sins they no longer continue in.

Jesus' eternal salvation is from sins, not from judgment in sins.

The double minded Christians are them who allow themselves to continue having the carnal mind that cannot be subject to the law of Christ, and so sin will continue to reign over their mortal bodies.

Now then it is no more I that do it, but sin that dwelleth in me. For I know that in me (that is, in my flesh,) dwelleth no good thing: for to will is present with me; but how to perform that which is good I find not. For the good that I would I do not: but the evil which I would not, that I do. Now if I do that I would not, it is no more I that do it, but sin that dwelleth in me.

This is not Scripture teaching a dual nature of part sin, part holy in any person, nor is it Paul 'distancing' himself from the deeds of his own body, as though he were no longer responsible for his acts of sin: that is dysfunctional surrealism.

Paul is rather pointing to the source of the problem: the sinful flesh our souls are still clothed in, with which we must make war and subdue in our minds by the Spirit of life:

(For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal, but mighty through God to the pulling down of strong holds;) Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ.

Though the source of sin is in the body, the victory over sin is in the heart and the mind.

We are born again of the spirit with the divine nature for the soul, washed clean of our sins in the blood of the Lamb, so that we can now fulfill the righteousness of God by faith, to purify our hearts, cleanse our minds, and rule over our bodies with the law of the Spirit.

Depart from me, all ye workers of iniquity; for the LORD hath heard the voice of my weeping. The LORD hath heard my supplication; the LORD will receive my prayer.

This is thanksgiving to God for being delivered in repentance of sin. It is not thanking God for not judging the sin.

Once again the restored saint is heard in prayer and rejoices in salvation and deliverance from sin: the hard way of double mindedness has been learned, so that obedience to God is now much better than sacrifice and despair for sins.

It is much better to be made free of double mindedness rather than to endure the wretchedness thereof.

It is the same thanksgiving of Paul in Romans 8, where Jesus Christ has delivered him from the body of death: the double mindedness in the faith, where he would serve the Lord in his mind, but continue to find sins done of his body.

Once that is accomplished, then the overcoming Christians learns what true liberty of the Lord is:

There is therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit. For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus hath made me free from the law of sin and death.

The double mindedness is finished first in the mind, then in the body. We don't fight the flesh through will of the body, but rather we cleanse our own mind from the will of sinful flesh, so that the law of sin in the body no longer holds power over the law of the Spirit in the mind.

That the righteousness of the law might be fulfilled in us, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit. For they that are after the flesh do mind the things of the flesh; but they that are after the Spirit the things of the Spirit.

Them that go on to perfection to have the mind of Christ now mind only the things of the Spirit in the mind, no longer accepting the things of the flesh through the door of the heart to plant lust therein.

At this point of overcoming victory in Christ, it is now assured that sin will no longer reign over our mortal bodies, because the law of sin no longer has any place in our souls, who no longer mind the things of the flesh but only the things of the Spirit.

Double minded Christians need to be delivered by their own faith in Jesus to work out fully their own salvation with the Lord: they need to learn the same thing Jesus did in the days of His flesh, which is to overcome the law of sins and disobedience in the mind and soul, so that we have sure confidence that the law of sin will not reign over our bodies.

In the garden was the first time God Himself in the flesh knew the fear of the Lord by unwillingness to obey the Father unto the cross: He prayed earnestly until He had the victory of Satan come knocking at His door.

Jesus had to fight the good fight of them, and is the example for us how to fight it and win: by the faith of Jesus defeat sin and lust in the mind and heart, so that the body will certainly obey the law of the Spirit.

Double minded Christians do need to hear how their wretched state is simply the continued price for being born into sinful flesh, so that we must sin after the similitude of the first Adam's transgression, until we are finally delivered from sin in the resurrection only.

Those who believe that lie, and so lie against the power of the blood of the Lamb and of the salvation of Jesus, to deliver us from sins in this present world, and to be purified even as His is pure in heaven, are made into lifetime wretched souls or worse into happy hypocrites.

OSAS is for them that want to believe in a 'dual nature' and accept being double minded for life, and choose rather to turn their wretchedness of defeat from time to time, into a weird celebration dance for a false grace, that does not care about overcoming the double mindedness and the ongoing sins, but wants to play at rejoicing in a salvation that is already in the bag, without overcoming victory in the life.

And He became the author of eternal salvation for them that obey Him.

Not for them that obey and disobey Him.

Reactions: Wynona

GEN2REV

May 12, 2021
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There are no saved sinners, but there are double minded Christian believers that Jesus is the Son of God.

Romans 7 is Paul empathizing with the wretchedness of being double minded in the faith of Christ.

He is not preaching a 'duality of soul', nor is he showing the perpetual state of all Christians in sinful flesh: He is demonstrating the double minded life of them that have not gone on to perfection in full overcoming of sins, both in the heart and in the body.

The answer to his cry for help is Jesus Christ, where the law of the Spirit destroys the law of sin, by casting down every stronghold of sin in the mind, and plucking out every root of lust in the heart.

In this way faith, blood, and love of God can have her perfect work in the soul: Washing the soul clean of sins and staying clean.

James commands the double minded to take the firm stand against sin in the power of the Spirit of Christ and to purify their hearts from lust of sin of the flesh.

David experienced the same wretchedness of double mindedness in his own sin, and prays to God for mercy and restoration of repentance:

O LORD, rebuke me not in thine anger, neither chasten me in thy hot displeasure. Have mercy upon me, O LORD; for I am weak: O LORD, heal me; for my bones are vexed.
My soul is also sore vexed: but thou, O LORD, how long? Return, O LORD, deliver my soul: oh save me for thy mercies' sake. For in death there is no remembrance of thee: in the grave who shall give thee thanks? I am weary with my groaning; all the night make I my bed to swim; I water my couch with my tears. Mine eye is consumed because of grief; it waxeth old because of all mine enemies.

This is not the prayer of the righteous overcomer, but of the unrighteous overcome of sin.

David is not begging God to not judge him for his sin, but rather that God will deliver him from the sin that God must judge righteously, which is death.

God delivers no man from His judgment against sin, but God only delivers sinners from their sins, so that they are now saints who cannot be judged and condemned for sins they no longer continue in.

The double minded Christians are them who allow themselves to continue having the carnal mind that cannot be subject to the law of Christ, and so sin will continue to reign over their mortal bodies.

Now then it is no more I that do it, but sin that dwelleth in me. For I know that in me (that is, in my flesh,) dwelleth no good thing: for to will is present with me; but how to perform that which is good I find not. For the good that I would I do not: but the evil which I would not, that I do. Now if I do that I would not, it is no more I that do it, but sin that dwelleth in me.

This is not Scripture teaching a dual nature of part sin, part holy in any person, nor is it Paul 'distancing' himself from the deeds of his own body, as though he were no longer responsible for his acts of sin: that is dysfunctional surrealism.

Paul is rather pointing to the source of the problem: the sinful flesh our souls are still clothed in, with which we must make war and subdue in our minds by the Spirit of life:

(For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal, but mighty through God to the pulling down of strong holds;) Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ.

Though the source of sin is in the body, the victory over sin is in the heart and the mind.

We are born again of the spirit with the divine nature for the soul, washed clean of our sins in the blood of the Lamb, so that we can now fulfill the righteousness of God by faith, to purify our hearts, cleanse our minds, and rule over our bodies with the law of the Spirit.

Depart from me, all ye workers of iniquity; for the LORD hath heard the voice of my weeping. The LORD hath heard my supplication; the LORD will receive my prayer.

This is thanksgiving to God for being delivered in repentance of sin. It is not thanking God for not judging the sin.

Once again the restored saint is heard in prayer and rejoices in salvation and deliverance from sin: the hard way of double mindedness has been learned, so that obedience to God is now much better than sacrifice and despair for sins.

It is much better to be made free of double mindedness rather than to endure the wretchedness thereof.

It is the same thanksgiving of Paul in Romans 8, where Jesus Christ has delivered him from the body of death: the double mindedness in the faith, where he would serve the Lord in his mind, but continue to find sins done of his body.

Once that is accomplished, then the overcoming Christians learns what true liberty of the Lord is:

There is therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit. For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus hath made me free from the law of sin and death.

The double mindedness is finished first in the mind, then in the body. We don't fight the flesh through will of the body, but rather we cleanse our own mind from the will of sinful flesh, so that the law of sin in the body no longer holds power over the law of the Spirit in the mind.

That the righteousness of the law might be fulfilled in us, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit. For they that are after the flesh do mind the things of the flesh; but they that are after the Spirit the things of the Spirit.

Them that go on to perfection to have the mind of Christ now mind only the things of the Spirit in the mind, no longer accepting the things of the flesh through the door of the heart to plant lust therein.

At this point of overcoming victory in Christ, it is now assured that sin will no longer reign over our mortal bodies, because the law of sin no longer has any place in our souls, who no longer mind the things of the flesh but only the things of the Spirit.

Double minded Christians need to be delivered by their own faith in Jesus to work out fully their own salvation with the Lord: they need to learn the same thing Jesus did in the days of His flesh, which is to overcome the law of sins and disobedience in the mind and soul, so that we have sure confidence that the law of sin will not reign over our bodies.

In the garden was the first time God Himself in the flesh knew the fear of the Lord by unwillingness to obey the Father unto the cross: He prayed earnestly until He had the victory of Satan come knocking at His door.

Jesus had to fight the good fight of them, and is the example for us how to fight it and win: by the faith of Jesus defeat sin and lust in the mind and heart, so that the body will certainly obey the law of the Spirit.

Double minded Christians do need to hear how their wretched state is simply the continued price for being born into sinful flesh, so that we must sin after the similitude of the first Adam's transgression, until we are finally delivered from sin in the resurrection only.

Those who believe that lie, and so lie against the power of the blood of the Lamb and of the salvation of Jesus, to deliver us from sins in this present world, and to be purified even as His is pure in heaven, are made into lifetime wretched souls or worse into happy hypocrites.

OSAS is for them that want to believe in a 'dual nature' and accept being double minded for life, and choose rather to turn their wretchedness of defeat from time to time, into a weird celebration dance for a false grace, that does not care about overcoming the double mindedness and the ongoing sins, but wants to play at rejoicing in a salvation that is already in the bag, without overcoming victory in the life.

I think it has to do with the difference between 'stumbling/offending' (James 3:2) and intentional/willful sin.

You can live in daily striving for the perfection that God commands us to set as our goal as followers of Jesus Christ and still slip-up at times. James says that it happens often.

But living as a professed Christian while still partaking in vice or spiritually unclean activity, is not living in a sincere walk for Christ. That is a double-minded Christian. Straddling the world and Christianity is an illusion. Those who attempt to live that way are, in reality, living like the world.

Matthew 6:24

Last edited:

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

All Christians believe Jesus is the son of God sir, the Bible repeatedly states that, as well as Jesus himself.

robert derrick

Apr 13, 2021
Houston, tx
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think it has to do with the difference between 'stumbling/offending' (James 3:2) and intentional/willful sin.

You can live in daily striving for the perfection that God commands us to set as our goal as followers of Jesus Christ and still slip-up at times. James says that it happens often.

But living as a professed Christian while still partaking in vice or spiritually unclean activity, is not living in a sincere walk for Christ. That is a double-minded Christian. Straddling the world and Christianity is an illusion. Those who attempt to live that way are, in reality, living like the world.

Those who attempt to live that way are, in reality, living like the world.

And so, that would certainly apply to the OSAS extremists who gloat about their sins, and proudly declare how they are just as depraved as anyone else in the world.

You can live in daily striving for the perfection that God commands us to set as our goal as followers of Jesus Christ and still slip-up at times.

The problem here is one of attitude. The attitude of the faith of Jesus does not accept 'slip-ups' at times, as being a normal part of Christian living in Christ.

In the effort to distance ourselves from claiming to have arrived in perfection, we fall into the trap of allowing some form of sins from time to time, in order not to be perfect.

The problem is all sin is unrighteousness and transgression of the law, nor do Christians 'merely' fall into sins and 'slip up' with them.

Scripture commands and exhorts the opposite: Not not let things slip (Heb 2:1), and to do things necessary so as not to fall. (2 Peter 1:10)

Scripture says If a man sins...not when.

Sin is not inevitable. It is not guaranteed. It is commanded to not be done, even as Jesus by His blood has made the way for us not to do so.

And so: You must live in daily striving for the perfection that God commands us to set as our goal as followers of Jesus Christ and must not slip-up at times.

That is the only attitude of faith that God accepts as that of Jesus, for which eternal salvation may be obtained by them who obey that faith.

Here is the patience of the saints: here are they that keep the commandments of God, and the faith of Jesus.

All other attitudes of faith about Christ and God are rejected of God as not being that of His dear Son, who proved that sin does not have to be committed in the days of our flesh. We don't have to slip up. We are not destined to fall from time to time. It is not accepted to God as normal for His people in this life.

With the proper faith of Jesus and attitude of Christ toward all sins, then besetting sins will surely fade away and be past and repented of, and then, once being purged of all sins, if the elect saint does actually commit sin, he still has an advocate in Christ, who must now wash that sin clean from the soul by His blood, through confession and repentance.

There will be a time of great godly sorrow and despair for the elect saint, if he or she does sin, even as there was for David, until he was restored by God who accepted his repentance from the sin.

Them that go on sinning from time to time, are not the elect saints of Christ, but are the double minded believers, who must purify their hearts and repent once for all, if they ever hope to obtain eternal salvation in the end.

And those who who do so from time to time, knowingly and willingly, thinking not to be judged for them 'by grace', have gone beyond simple double mindedness of Christians to extreme hypocrisy of the devil.

Blessed is the man who's sins are forgiven and washed clean, but cursed are them who's sins are covered up in a cloke of grace:

Wherefore kick ye at my sacrifice and at mine offering, which I have commanded in my habitation.

Last edited:

robert derrick

Apr 13, 2021
Houston, tx
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

There are no 'unwilling' and 'ignorant' sins for Christians washed in the blood of the Lamb, as God allowed for with them covered by the blood of bulls and goats.

Them born of the Spirit of truth know what they are doing, and know they have free will to do so or not. Only sinners have no choice but to sin.

And so, for the Christian there is only difference between being double minded and being in strong delusion: while the former do sin willingly from time to time, and know they must be delivered from it during this lie, the latter are willing to sin from time to time, and believe it is just natural to do so all their life.

The sincerely double minded know for themselves the wretched condition Paul described and emphasized with, which he and all Christians can no doubt experience: They are despairingly finding themselves doing that which they know not to do, and not doing that which they know to do: stumbling/offending from time to time.

They do seek the deliverance from such a condition in life that Paul rejoices with in Rom 8, so that the heart is purified as James commands, the mind is now made of Christ, and sin does not reign over the body: by the law of the Spirit they have been made free from the law of sin and death, to no more walk after the flesh from time to time, but only after the Spirit.

But, them under strong delusion are made comfortable in their double minded state. It is no more wretched to them but fully accepted, as though it were natural for Christians in natural bodies. Rather than repenting and being made free from it, they have learned to celebrate it by a lying grace that 'covers' their sins, so that they cannot be judged like the rest of the sinners of the world.

They have embraced their time to time sins as inevitable in this life. They have made a conditional treaty with the devil, while believing in an unconditional salvation of Christ: so long as their sins aren't 'that bad' like of dogs and pigs, and they are only from time to time, then both God and the devil leave them alone. God won't judge their 'harmless' sins, and the devil won't tempt to do worse and be really bad.

These are the learned hypocrites of the faith: the 'good sinners' saved by grace vs the 'evil sinners' unsaved by grace.

They are the ones who only profess godliness, but with lifetime works of unrighteousness, they deny the power of the blood of the Lamb to cleanse from all unrighteousness.

These are the ones for whom their remains no sacrifice for sins, because there is no washing of the blood of Jesus allowed by them for all their sins.

In the name of a false grace, they openly despise the Spirit of God's grace, which is only to help overcome their sins, not to 'cover them up'.

These are them ready to die and perish as a branch fallen from the vine, except they repent of their excused willingness to sin. However, Scripture shows it is impossible for them to repent of their sins, so long as they believe the OSAS lie of unconditionally secure salvation, while willingly sinning from time to time for life, but are pre-forgiven beforehand:

Predetermined salvation for them chosen before ever born, who never show themselves worthy to be chosen after being born.

OSAS is the devil's doctrine to turn double minded Christians into strongly deluded hypocrites. They never go on to perfection from double mindedness, to be made free from the law of sin and death, but rather they go on to transform a wretched temporary existence of wretched Christians into a celebrated lifetime of blind grace.

Last edited:

robert derrick

Apr 13, 2021
Houston, tx
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
All Christians believe Jesus is the son of God sir, the Bible repeatedly states that, as well as Jesus himself.
But not all obey Him as such, which the Bible repeatedly warns against, as well as Jesus Himself:

A good man out of the good treasure of his heart bringeth forth that which is good; and an evil man out of the evil treasure of his heart bringeth forth that which is evil: for of the abundance of the heart his mouth speaketh.

And why call ye me, Lord, Lord, and do not the things which I say?

If we are being double minded, then we are in a state of trying to bring good and evil treasure out of our divided hearts.

We must go one way or the other, go on to perfection of being made free from the law of sin in the heart and over the body, or go away to damnation being made slaves to the law of sin in the heart and the body.

God does not accept any in betweens: We either make the decision ourselves to purify our hearts and become of single eye to Jesus only, or the decision will be made for us in the judgment day of the Lord:

So then because thou art lukewarm, and neither cold nor hot, I will spue thee out of my mouth.

Multitudes, multitudes in the valley of decision: for the day of the LORD is near in the valley of decision.

GEN2REV

May 12, 2021
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Robert Derrick said:
There are no 'unwilling' and 'ignorant' sins for Christians washed in the blood of the Lamb, as God allowed for with them covered by the blood of bulls and goats.

Them born of the Spirit of truth know what they are doing, and know they have free will to do so or not. Only sinners have no choice but to sin.

Sounds like you don't accept the book of James.

"For in many things we all stumble."
James 3:2

Come on, Robert. You've been here a while. Are you claiming you're perfect in your Christian walk, never breaking a single law, or are you mocking Christianity by claiming that striving for perfection is ridiculous?

It's what the Bible teaches.

robert derrick

Apr 13, 2021
Houston, tx
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
For the good that I would I do not: but the evil which I would not, that I do. Now if I do that I would not, it is no more I that do it, but sin that dwelleth in me. I find then a law, that, when I would do good, evil is present with me.

For I delight in the law of God after the inward man: But I see another law in my members, warring against the law of my mind, and bringing me into captivity to the law of sin which is in my members.

Paul is not saying Christians serve God in our minds, while serving the devil in our bodies.

Paul is talking about the wretched state of double mindedness that can result in such a state of hypocrisy.

Paul could emphasize with it, because he knew it for himself. All Christians at some time will know it, because Jesus did in the garden, when He found Himself unwilling to obey the Father unto the cross.

We will all know double mindedness at some point in this life, but we do not all have to then know continued sins for life.

The only difference between Jesus in the days of His flesh and His people in this life, is not of Him not sinning, while His people will continue in sins: that is the lie of willing hypocrites, who make a career and entire Christian religion out of being double minded for life.

The only difference between Jesus Christ in this world, and His people yet in the flesh, is that Jesus is the only One who did not act on His double mindedness and sin with the flesh.

Every Christian, however, has known what it is to be double minded and to act on it in transgression of sin.

The difference therefore between double minded Christians who go on to repent of all their sins, and double minded Christians who go back to stay in their sins, is that of sincerity and honesty of the faith of Jesus vs that of hypocrites still naming Christ.

OSAS teaches open hypocrisy to double minded Christians: they teach double minded sinfulness as normal for Christians still in the flesh, and then teach God will therefore not judge their souls for it. It is the free license to sin with free escape from judgment for it. A get out of hell free card of grace.

And so, if any of us find ourselves to be double minded in the faith of Jesus, let us follow the example of Paul to be delivered from it, and not go after the flesh for life in the way of OSAS.

With the grace grace of God for help in time of need, double minded Christians can be truly and wholly set free by the law of the Spirit from the law of sin and death in the heart, in the mind, and over the body.

Don't let any person tell us we have to remain double minded in sins from time to time, because of some fraudulent duality of nature in our souls, or because by blind grace, God will not judge our souls for it.

What shall we say then? Shall we continue in sin, that grace may abound? God forbid. How shall we, that are dead to sin, live any longer therein?

Let not sin therefore reign in your mortal body, that ye should obey it in the lusts thereof.

That as sin hath reigned unto death, even so might grace reign through righteousness unto eternal life by Jesus Christ our Lord.

Where the grace of God reigns, there is only righteousness of God over our mortal body, not righteousness of God and unrighteousness of the devil from time to time.

robert derrick

Apr 13, 2021
Houston, tx
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sounds like you don't accept the book of James.

"For in many things we all stumble."
James 3:2

Come on, Robert. You've been here a while. Are you claiming you're perfect in your Christian walk, never breaking a single law, or are you mocking Christianity by claiming that striving for perfection is ridiculous?

It's what the Bible teaches.
I'm still trying to consider you a serious person. But playing the "you're not perfect!" card, like some race card, doesn't help.

Nevertheless, I will first ask you a question, and then I will answer yours:

Wherefore the rather, brethren, give diligence to make your calling and election sure: for if ye do these things, ye shall never fall.

So, you are saying it is impossible for Christians like Peter, to ensure we do not 'slip up' at times in this life?

Yes, or no.

GEN2REV

May 12, 2021
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm still trying to consider you a serious person. But playing the "you're not perfect!" card, like some race card, doesn't help.

Nevertheless, I will first ask you a question, and then I will answer yours:

Wherefore the rather, brethren, give diligence to make your calling and election sure: for if ye do these things, ye shall never fall.

So, you are saying it is impossible for Christians like Peter, to ensure we do not 'slip up' at times in this life?

Yes, or no.
Oh, I'm not serious at all. Don't waste your time there. I'm an arse clown.

But God's Word is IRON. And God's Word says we stumble. There's a difference between stumbling when you are fully intending to walk upright (righteously), and intentionally sinning when you know it's wrong and do it anyway.

Peter said if you do all those things, you will never fall. Who am I to disagree? But we are all human. Humans do make mistakes. If you don't do all those things perfectly at all times 'til the day you die, you're gonna slip-up (fall). God says He will not let His children fall utterly though.

Psalms 37:24

Guess what that means? That means even HE knows that we do fall at times. You're pushing for a point that cannot stand up to God's Word. It's a futile endeavor.

robert derrick

Apr 13, 2021
Houston, tx
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Oh, I'm not serious at all. Don't waste your time there. I'm an arse clown.

But God's Word is IRON. And God's Word says we stumble. There's a difference between stumbling when you are fully intending to walk upright (righteously), and intentionally sinning when you know it's wrong and do it anyway.

Peter said if you do all those things, you will never fall. Who am I to disagree? But we are all human. Humans do make mistakes. If you don't do all those things perfectly at all times 'til the day you die, you're gonna slip-up (fall). God says He will not let His children fall utterly though.

Psalms 37:24

Guess what that means? That means even HE knows that we do fall at times. You're pushing for a point that cannot stand up to God's Word. It's a futile endeavor.
Well, you can always tell a clown by how they evade to answer with a smile plastered on their face.

And so they just keep stumbling and bumbling along on purpose for the fun of it.

I really must learn not to take someone serious who has preplanned and excused falls in the works:

Lo, thou trustest in the staff of this broken reed, on Egypt; whereon if a man lean, it will go into his hand, and pierce it.

Who am I to disagree? But we are all human. Humans do make mistakes.

I.e. you don't have the honesty and integrity to disagree with a plain no, but you will disagree with sophistry of being human.

The heart never gets good before God, until it first is honest with itself:

But that on the good ground are they, which in an honest and good heart, having heard the word, keep it, and bring forth fruit with patience.

Speak for yourself and leave Peter out of it. Take it to your fellow clowns, for some good ol fun with it.

robert derrick

Apr 13, 2021
Houston, tx
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"For in many things we all stumble." James 3:2

My brethren, be not many masters, knowing that we shall receive the greater condemnation. For in many things we offend all. If any man offend not in word, the same is a perfect man, and able also to bridle the whole body.

Why do false teachers have to lie so obviously about Scripture? Can't they at least have the decency to be deceptive about it?

James is of course warning against too many uncalled people getting involved in ministry. With so much garbage going around, it gives plenty of place for the devil to wreck havoc on the church.

James was not saying he was offending all the time, nor was he falling from time to time. He was humbly applying the warning to himself, not just to others. Even he knew that we can talk ourselves into a hole we dig for ourselves.

There is greater condemnation than them that fall from time to time, and desire deliverance from it, for them that preplan falling from time to time and desire to justify themselves in it, and then try to lie on an apostle for 'good' example of it!

And I heard a loud voice saying in heaven, Now is come salvation, and strength, and the kingdom of our God, and the power of his Christ: for the accuser of our brethren is cast down, which accused them before our God day and night.

Are you claiming you're perfect in your Christian walk.

One thing I am not, is an hypocrite spending so much time preplanning my falling, and then blaming it on just being 'human'.

Are there really such 'Christians' who think of themselves as just being human like everyone else??

I mean, I used to use that excuse as a little kid to my mommy, when I got in trouble. My dad of course knocked that garbage out of me long ago.

When I was a child, I spake as a child, I understood as a child, I thought as a child: but when I became a man, I put away childish things.

I am concluding by the posts I read up here of Christians defending their time to time sins as just proof they are human like everyone else, and so:

They may be Christian, but they certainly ain't no saint.

I may attain to the resurrection, and so may they, and we'll rejoice together in glory, but in the meantime I wouldn't get near them, lest their humanist spirit rubs off on me.

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
But not all obey Him as such, which the Bible repeatedly warns against, as well as Jesus Himself:

A good man out of the good treasure of his heart bringeth forth that which is good; and an evil man out of the evil treasure of his heart bringeth forth that which is evil: for of the abundance of the heart his mouth speaketh.

And why call ye me, Lord, Lord, and do not the things which I say?

If we are being double minded, then we are in a state of trying to bring good and evil treasure out of our divided hearts.

We must go one way or the other, go on to perfection of being made free from the law of sin in the heart and over the body, or go away to damnation being made slaves to the law of sin in the heart and the body.

God does not accept any in betweens: We either make the decision ourselves to purify our hearts and become of single eye to Jesus only, or the decision will be made for us in the judgment day of the Lord:

So then because thou art lukewarm, and neither cold nor hot, I will spue thee out of my mouth.

Multitudes, multitudes in the valley of decision: for the day of the LORD is near in the valley of decision.

I fully agree, obedience to the Law of the Christ, is not only an identifier, but a requirement as well. Jesus made that known well at Mat 7:21-23

robert derrick

Apr 13, 2021
Houston, tx
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I fully agree, obedience to the Law of the Christ, is not only an identifier, but a requirement as well. Jesus made that known well at Mat 7:21-23
True. Obedience by definition is a 'requirement', because obedience is only to that which is 'commanded' by law.

Reactions: Robert Gwin

GEN2REV

May 12, 2021
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
True. Obedience by definition is a 'requirement', because obedience is only to that which is 'commanded' by law.
And that which is "Commanded by Law" is the 10 Commandments.

Jesus = God

Jesus instituted the 10 Commandments. He and all the Apostles obeyed all of them.

Wynona

Staff member
Encounter Team
Jan 27, 2021
North Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I try to describe what it was like when I was unfruitful and double-minded as a Christian to what I am like now.

It's difficult but I clearly had to reject OSAS, hyper grace and other extremely popular teachings and lean on God's Word.

It was the Bible that gave me the mindset of "every sin must go." It was painful in the sense that I couldn't keep my private sins no matter what they were because they were leading to stronger more disgraceful sins.

But the result of simply pushing sin away and fighting for Holiness is the most amazing peace and blessings.

Sin is not inevitable but it does feel good to our flesh. And for a time, I did struggle.

But how can I explain...the more you pursue God and reject sin, the more you become an overcomer. It becomes as if you are walking on water. You walk freely over the things that used to trip you up.

Lust? Pornography? It can be overcome. But first you have to get to the mindset: every sin must go. You want your entire life to please God, not just parts of it. Because sin really is like yeast. It leads to more and more sin.