Due to hostiliy here, I've made some changes...

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

GallyTrot

Aug 24, 2019
Wherever, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Recently here on ChristianityBoard, I've received some rather hostile messages regarding my posts from people who have attempted to do me damage. Let me assure you, first of all, that you have failed to damage me-- AT ALL-- and that the offenders were "ignored" a LONG TIME AGO. Such hurtful responses are not appreciated and should certainly NOT be welcomed or encouraged on a supposedly "Christian" board. Tsk. Tsk. Tsk. I'm sure Jesus is applauding you in heaven with his nail-pierced hands--- NOT! :cool:
I will continue to post here fearlessly, however. I have as much right to express myself here as anyone else does. To protect myself, I have made some changes. From here on out, no one here will be able to see when I'm currently online, be able post messages on my profile page and I will no longer be accepting conversations, nor will I be getting any e-mail messages regarding any replies/comments people here may make regarding any of MY comments or posts. NOW, when I start a new topic, I will simply post the topic and you all can "talk amongst yourselves" about it-- I will not be checking for any replies or comments to the topic to protect myself. When I create a new blog entry in my blog "Questioning the Answers," I will announce it somewhere on the board. If you don't like me personally or my posts or comments, simply do not read them. Thank you kindly for your cooperation and understanding in this matter. Perhaps in the future I will change my mind, but for now-- it is what it is. Thank you.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm a little disappointed.
Indeed, I have scarcely known she was a member. Now she is already protecting herself?

She should know that there are some very friendly people here as well as some who may really be hostile. Was any one ever hostile to Jesus? How did he handle it?

Last edited:

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Recently here on ChristianityBoard, I've received some rather hostile messages regarding my posts from people who have attempted to do me damage. Let me assure you, first of all, that you have failed to damage me-- AT ALL-- and that the offenders were "ignored" a LONG TIME AGO. Such hurtful responses are not appreciated and should certainly NOT be welcomed or encouraged on a supposedly "Christian" board. Tsk. Tsk. Tsk. I'm sure Jesus is applauding you in heaven with his nail-pierced hands--- NOT! :cool:
I will continue to post here fearlessly, however. I have as much right to express myself here as anyone else does. To protect myself, I have made some changes. From here on out, no one here will be able to see when I'm currently online, be able post messages on my profile page and I will no longer be accepting conversations, nor will I be getting any e-mail messages regarding any replies/comments people here may make regarding any of MY comments or posts. NOW, when I start a new topic, I will simply post the topic and you all can "talk amongst yourselves" about it-- I will not be checking for any replies or comments to the topic to protect myself. When I create a new blog entry in my blog "Questioning the Answers," I will announce it somewhere on the board. If you don't like me personally or my posts or comments, simply do not read them. Thank you kindly for your cooperation and understanding in this matter. Perhaps in the future I will change my mind, but for now-- it is what it is. Thank you.
Why are you here? Just wondering.

Truth

May 31, 2017
AZ, Quartzsite
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Sticks and Stones my break our bones, BUT HIS were never Broken!
Do all that you can do to Stand, and Just Stand!
My path is very different than most, But I have a reason to try to express what I believe to be True, So do not give in to Bible bullies, or Gospel Gestapo's! There are 1700 yrs of theological mumbo-jumbo!
Truth above all, Truth is the Goal.
I will just add you to my list for Prayer, Be Blessed in the Name Of Yashua Ha Moshiac

Reactions: Nancy

Willie T

Heaven Sent
Staff member
Sep 14, 2017
St. Petersburg Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Indeed, I have scarcely known he was a member. Now he is already protecting himself?

He should know that there are some very friendly people here as well as some who may really be hostile. Was any one ever hostile to Jesus? How did he handle it?
Just as a matter of point..... "He" is a "She."

Reactions: Nancy and amadeus
B

Butterfly

Firstly, I am so sorry that you have had some hurtful responses, I presume that they have come privately due to the cautions you are now taking. You say that they have not harmed you , but clearly they have because you are now taking action. ' protect yourself ' .
I have often wondered myself ' what Jesus thinks ' of some of the things that are said to one another here, but being Christian doesn't mean that the tongue is as ' tamed ' as it should be, and it's so much easier for some people to convey negatives when they are not face to face with the person they are speaking to. I have often wondered if we were all in a public place having these conversations, whether in fact some of the conversations would take place.
I am somewhat confused that you will post a topic, and then just leave it for others to discuss, that kind of makes little sense to me, given the fact that people post topics with the aim of having a discussion with others about it. So I presume that means you will only read the responses, which I am not sure I get. Unless of course your topics will consist of preaching a message , rather than asking a question.
This is a harsher forum than most I have been on - I am surprised I am still here , but there is equally something about this place that is challenging in a positive way. I think I have a much thicker skin than I had when I first joined - if this was in a public place I would be the one sitting in the corner, drinking a coffee and saying very little - some of the theology discussions and disagreements kind of go over my head !!
Oh sugar, just noticed the time - I need to get ready for work !
Rita

Reactions: Nancy and Helen

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Wow...all that within just 25 posts?

I have not seen any of your posts--but that is not a good sign. There must be a reason.

Reactions: Helen

DoveSpirit05

Jul 19, 2019
London
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom

if you do that den ur letting dem win!! have u forgotten matt 10:22 its just prophecy come 2 past, just gotta stay in prayer, stay strong, rise above it.

Reactions: Nancy and Helen

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Just as a matter of point..... "He" is a "She."

I would think so..
To me it's all a mystery...= <I'm on an open forum, but I don't want any push back or rebuttals to my posts. In fact I will just posts and run away and not read any responses in case they hurt my sensitive feelings. >

Yes, a girl...at the very least a girl at heart!!

I want to be here, and here I am, but I just want to post and be left alone to do so!!!! hmm[1].gif

Just another 'one of those'. :rolleyes:

Then go and Blog @GallyTrot ...and don't pretend that you are interested in an open forum. Because your not....you are all closed up in your ivory tower and do not feel you need anyone else in it.

Enjoy the wall you have set around your life...:oops:

Reactions: Nancy

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I have not seen any of your posts--but that is not a good sign. There must be a reason.
Gally Trot said that he (or she) had no use for Christians and that there is nothing special about them. Therefore this person wanted *other faith options*. And my response was go and find those other faith options since there are all kinds of faith options out there. Why waste your time on a Christian forum if Buddhism (for example) is more appealing?

Ezra

Dec 27, 2018
Missouri
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
what was your post about? not so sure i have ever read your post.