E-Rickshaw, start-up helping the poor in India to work

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Debp

Jul 5, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
A start-up company helps poor people in India to buy E-Rickshaws so they can work as taxi drivers.

There are even women doing this now. One woman was able to pay off her loan from the start-up in only 4 months. Her husband also works as a taxi driver.

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
A start-up company helps poor people in India to buy E-Rickshaws so they can work as taxi drivers.

There are even women doing this now. One woman was able to pay off her loan from the start-up in only 4 months. Her husband also works as a taxi driver.

In the Indian subcontinent, diesel powered vehicles and motor bikes are among the heaviest polluter in the major cities. The smog in the large cities rests heavily over them. Electric vehicles seem to be the best solution, but electric vehicles need electricity to be able to charge them and "green energy" is not necessarily available in the Indian subcontinent. With around 15% "Green Energy" available in India, India is still reliant on fossil fuel sourced electrical generation and the major cities have poor air quality which is not conducive for solar power generation when the major needs are.

Oh well electric powered vehicles are part of the solution but at the moment my sense is that a more structured solution is needed to address all of the air quality issues in the India subcontinent.

Reactions: Debp

Debp

Jul 5, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
In the Indian subcontinent, diesel powered vehicles and motor bikes are among the heaviest polluter in the major cities. The smog in the large cities rests heavily over them. Electric vehicles seem to be the best solution, but electric vehicles need electricity to be able to charge them and "green energy" is not necessarily available in the Indian subcontinent. With around 15% "Green Energy" available in India, India is still reliant on fossil fuel sourced electrical generation and the major cities have poor air quality which is not conducive for solar power generation when the major needs are.

Oh well electric powered vehicles are part of the solution but at the moment my sense is that a more structured solution is needed to address all of the air quality issues in the India subcontinent.
I think the video or maybe another video I saw said to make the batteries India uses coal. So of course, that adds pollution.

It was good to see people, even women, working as taxi drivers though.

Reactions: Nancy