Ecclesiastes 1: Is it all vanity?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Mike Bishop

Jan 13, 2020
Port-of-Spain
Faith
Christian
Country
Trinidad And Tobago
Hey everyone.... so I am studying Ecclesiastes right now. I thought the book was very cynical, and now I have stumbled across a video on YouTube that has changed my perspective. It is quite lovely and I really recommend it to everyone.

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Hey everyone.... so I am studying Ecclesiastes right now. I thought the book was very cynical, and now I have stumbled across a video on YouTube that has changed my perspective. It is quite lovely and I really recommend it to everyone.
Hi; good to read Ecclesiastes in conjunction with the New Testament; 1 Cor. 1.30: to the believer 'Christ Jesus... of God is made unto us wisdom'.

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Haven’t been able yet to watch your link so not sure if they brought up.
Romans 8:20 For the creature was made subject to vanity, not willingly, but by reason of him who hath subjected the same in hope,

All is vanity. All is empty, vain, void, futile... but there is Hope.

Reactions: charity and ScottA

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That's how I felt after I watched the video. It's so strangely hopeful, it completely changed my perspective. I love it.

watched it. It’s is beautiful. Thank you for sharing it. Oddly while listening I thought of the son who wasted all his inheritance but returned to his father and was joyfully received.

Reactions: charity

Mike Bishop

Jan 13, 2020
Port-of-Spain
Faith
Christian
Country
Trinidad And Tobago
The prodigal son? A beautiful thing how art can touch us in so many
watched it. It’s is beautiful. Thank you for sharing it. Oddly while listening I thought of the son who wasted all his inheritance but returned to his father and was joyfully received.

different ways. I would have never thought of that, but now that you say it, I'm looking at the video again with new eyes. Glad I could share with you all.

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
The prodigal son? A beautiful thing how art can touch us in so many

different ways. I would have never thought of that, but now that you say it, I'm looking at the video again with new eyes. Glad I could share with you all.
The prodigal came to an end of himself; a picture of realizing that life without Christ is vanity...

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Hey everyone.... so I am studying Ecclesiastes right now. I thought the book was very cynical...
Welcome Mike. This book shows people the futility of all human efforts apart from Christ. It is about what is "under the sun" rather than what is "under the Son".

The Buddhists also believe that all human life is vanity. But they still remain without Christ, therefore they have gone into idolatry.

Mike Bishop

Jan 13, 2020
Port-of-Spain
Faith
Christian
Country
Trinidad And Tobago
Welcome Mike. This book shows people the futility of all human efforts apart from Christ. It is about what is "under the sun" rather than what is "under the Son".

The Buddhists also believe that all human life is vanity. But they still remain without Christ, therefore they have gone into idolatry.
Did you watch the video?

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It is a great revelation to know that the claim or announcement that "all is vanity" (meaning, all is emptiness or nothing), is quite literal--it simply confirms that this world was "created" out of a "void" (out of nothing) and therefore in and of itself, it is nothing; that even we are a mere "image" of what is real with God, and that we too are nothing. Space, time, and matter are not what they appear to be.

But then the greater sum of God's word goes on to explain what actually is real, and that something, that only thing that is real...is God and His kingdom.

With this knowledge "the things of earth will grow strangely dim."