ECTers become Antinatalists

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Harold

Nov 11, 2022
Canada
jesus-saves-all.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Believe in Jesus Christ to be saved. Thus, everyone will have faith alone in Christ Jesus and be saved. Your philosophical position doesn’t matter in terms of salvation, only having faith alone in Jesus Christ.

2 Corinthians 5:19: "In Christ God was reconciling the world to himself."

Antinatalism or anti-natalism is a philosophy that believes birth and procreation of sentient beings is wrong. The false belief of Eternal Conscious Torment can lead people down this path, like this Christian who says

https://tentmaker.org/forum/lounge/do-'eternal-hellers'-*really*-believe-it-themselves/

Quote from beartheweek

Start Quote: “I also decided that having kids was so horrible because it would be wrong for me to bring a new child into the world when they would be chosen by God to end up in either Heaven or Hell.It would be counterproductive for God to threaten us with eternal Hell because any person in their right mind that really believes in eternal Hell would never introduce a precious child into such a horrifying possibility. It's just not worth the risk when the majority of people will end up in Hell! I felt sorrow for my existing two very young daughters.” End Quote.

Why did God create mankind only for the vast majority of mankind to be tortured forever? Isn’t God always good? There are some people who we see as evil because they torture people for a long time, yet we’re supposed to see God as good when that torture lasts forever? Something doesn’t add up here…

Job 5:17-18 Happy the man whom God rebukes! Therefore do not reject the discipline of the Almighty. For, though he wounds, he will bind up; the hands that smite will heal.

Even with Annihilationism, that would still be a net negative towards suffering, since that means a person is born, suffers, and then dies, with that suffering just staying there. Who will be there to wipe away their tears? Or to heal their wounds?

Isaiah 25:6-8 cast over ALL nations. he will swallow up death forever. The Sovereign LORD will wipe away the tears from all faces; he will remove his people’s disgrace from all the earth. The LORD has spoken.

There exists Antinatalists who are also Christian and these are verses that they use

Ecclesiastes 4

Better Not to Have Been Born

4 Next, I turned to look at all the acts of oppression that make people suffer under the sun. Look at the tears of those who suffer! No one can comfort them. Their oppressors have ⌞all⌟ the power. No one can comfort those who suffer. 2 I congratulate the dead, who have already died, rather than the living, who still have to carry on. 3 But the person who hasn’t been born yet is better off than both of them. He hasn’t seen the evil that is done under the sun.

Luke 23:27-29

A large number of people followed him, including women who mourned and wailed for him. Jesus turned and said to them, “Daughters of Jerusalem, do not weep for me; weep for yourselves and for your children. For the time will come when you will say, ‘Blessed are the childless women, the wombs that never bore and the breasts that never nursed!’

Matthew 19:12

For there are eunuchs who were born that way, and there are eunuchs who have been made eunuchs by others--and there are those who choose to live like eunuchs for the sake of the kingdom of heaven. The one who can accept this should accept it."

Eunuch: Those who do not reproduce.

These Eunuchs come in three types.

1) For there are eunuchs who were born that way = Some people are born without the ability to reproduce or bear a child.

2) and there are eunuchs who have been made eunuchs by others = Someone who used to have the ability to reproduce but now because of castration or any injury that inhibits their ability to reproduce.

3) and there are those who choose to live like eunuchs for the sake of the kingdom of heaven.

The disciple Paul would most closely fit that 3rd category, since he voluntarily chose to remain single.

Christian Antinatalists would most closely fall into that 3rd category, I imagine, since antinatalism is a philosophical position that people choose to take.

An antinatalist can choose for themselves whether or not they want to have kids, God gives us that choice. But each person must make the choice for themselves. Just like how each person must make a choice when to believe in Jesus Christ. You can’t force a choice. But given who knows how long, eventually all people will make the choice to believe in Christ Jesus and be saved.

In recent days, like in communities like r/collapse, I have seen more people take up this antinatalist mentality. Climate change will cause intense heat and intense cold in certain areas. New plagues released from the melting sea ice. COVID-19 mutations. Wars over the last remaining fresh water supplies. The Russian invasion of Ukraine will spread into all other countries. The possible use of nuclear weapons will always hang over people’s heads, as it always has, since they were first created. Riots in Brazil. Etc. Etc.

1 Corinthians 15:55: "O death, where is your victory? O death, where is your sting?"

At the end of the day, Antinatalism is essentially another version of the Problem of Evil. Why is there evil in life?

To answer this, imagine a flash light. God says let there be light and turns the flash light on, creating light. But there’s darkness. God did not create the darkness, it’s just not visible because of the light. And creating that light is good. God right now, through Christ’s Universal Salvation, is in the process of lighting up the whole world. Making light is always good. And eventually all the darkness will be removed through light. Darkness meaning sin.

Psalm 10:15 Break the power of wickedness and wrong; hunt out all wickedness until thou can find no more.

God created Adam and Eve and by extension knew that the rest of mankind would be born after since He planned to have Jesus Christ be sacrificed on the cross since the foundations of the world were formed. He said that His creation was good. And this is true, everything that God does is good. So, it was not wrong for God to create us.

Romans 11:32: "For God has consigned all to disobedience, that He may have mercy on all."

Christian Universalism is the only sane way to reconcile God being good and still creating us. Sure, we may be suffering now, but in the future, there will be no more suffering. Because everyone will become a believer in Jesus Christ and be saved. And in Heaven, there will be the new City of Jerusalem, New Jerusalem, with a tree in the center with leaves for the healings of all nations. And a thousand years is like a day to God, so in the Lord’s time, we’re really only suffering a few days.

Psalm 13:5 I trust in your unfailing love; my heart rejoices in your salvation.