Elijah And The Dreadful Day

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

whirlwind

Nov 8, 2007
Malachi 4:5-6 Behold, I will send you Elijah the prophet before the coming of the great and dreadful day of the LORD: And he shall turn the heart of the fathers to the children, and the heart of the children to their fathers, lest I come and smite the earth with a curse.

Please consider that....Elijah is already here and has been for some time....

Matthew 17:12 But I say unto you, That Elias is come already, and they knew him not, but have done unto him whatsoever they listed. Likewise shall also the Son of man suffer of them.

Matthew 11:13-15 For all the prophets and the law prophesied until John. And if ye will receive it, this is Elias, which was for to come. He that hath ears to hear, let him hear.​

On the mount of Transfiguration, standing with Christ, who is The Word, was Moses and Elijah/Elias...representing the prophets and the law contained in The Word. The "Elijah the prophet" sent before the dreadful day is found in...the two witnesses that testify of The Word, the law and the prophets.

As stated above....if ye will receive it....Elias is all the prophets and the law. He is here now in the witnesses as we testify and that testimony turns the hearts of the children to their respective Father or father.

fivesense

Mar 7, 2010
WI
Malachi 4:5-6 Behold, I will send you Elijah the prophet before the coming of the great and dreadful day of the LORD: And he shall turn the heart of the fathers to the children, and the heart of the children to their fathers, lest I come and smite the earth with a curse.

Matthew 17:12 But I say unto you, That Elias is come already, and they knew him not, but have done unto him whatsoever they listed. Likewise shall also the Son of man suffer of them.

Matthew 11:13-15 For all the prophets and the law prophesied until John. And if ye will receive it, this is Elias, which was for to come. He that hath ears to hear, let him hear.​

On the mount of Transfiguration, standing with Christ, who is The Word, was Moses and Elijah/Elias...representing the prophets and the law contained in The Word. The "Elijah the prophet" sent before the dreadful day is found in...the two witnesses that testify of The Word, the law and the prophets.

As stated above....if ye will receive it....Elias is all the prophets and the law. He is here now in the witnesses as we testify and that testimony turns the hearts of the children to their respective Father or father.

Whirlwind, I would have never, ever figured that out on my own. Interesting post.
fivesense

whirlwind

Nov 8, 2007
Whirlwind, I would have never, ever figured that out on my own. Interesting post.
fivesense

Neither would I Fivesense. I've read it many times and never SAW what was there.

John 14:26 But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in My name, He shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you.​

What He has "said unto you" is written...written in the law and prophets/Elijah. The Holy Spirit teaches us the spiritual meaning.....

1 Corinthians 2:13 Which things also we speak, not in the words which man's wisdom teacheth, but which the Holy Ghost teacheth; comparing spiritual things with spiritual.

Not all have eyes and ears to see what we're seeing and hearing as He reveals.

brionne

May 31, 2010
Australia

Jesus explained who 'elijah' was in Matt 11:10, 13

"This is he concerning whom it is written, ‘Look! I myself am sending forth my messenger before your face, who will prepare your way ahead of you!’ 11 Truly I say to YOU people, Among those born of women there has not been raised up a greater than John the Baptist
Vs13 For all, the Prophets and the Law, prophesied until John; 14 and if YOU want to accept it,
He himself is ‘E‧li′jah who is destined to come"

John was performing a similar work to that of Elijah which is why Jesus said he was Elijah. Back in Elijah's day, the state of Isreal was very bad, there was Jezebel and Ahab and calf worship and child sacrifice....the nation had turned its back on the worship of their God and Elijah was the prophet who was sent to put things right.

In Johns day the situation was also bad...the pharisees and scribes had their own oral laws that they imposed on the people so they had in effect also turned their backs on God and his laws.
Johns work at that time was to call the people to repentance and prepare them to accept the Messiah.

There is no Elijah here today....he came symbolically in the form of John the baptist back in the first century as Jesus attested to.

brionne

May 31, 2010
Australia

further evidence of who Elijah was is found in Luke 1:17 when the priest Zechariah (john the baptists father) was told that John would have “Elijah’s spirit and power"

the signifigance of the transfiguration is that jesus was symbolized by Moses because it had been foretold that a prophet like Moses would be raised up Deut 18:15-19
and prophecy that Elijah would come was fulfilled in john the baptist which is why Elijah was seen in vision....it signified that both prophecies had been fulfilled. As the 3 apostles came down the mountain they asked jesus why the jews say that Elijah must come before the resurrection and jesus told them that Elijah had already come but they did not recognize him and in Matt 17:13 they understood that he was speaking about John the baptist.

Paul

Aug 19, 2006
Jesus explained who 'elijah' was in Matt 11:10, 13

"This is he concerning whom it is written, ‘Look! I myself am sending forth my messenger before your face, who will prepare your way ahead of you!’ 11 Truly I say to YOU people, Among those born of women there has not been raised up a greater than John the Baptist
Vs13 For all, the Prophets and the Law, prophesied until John; 14 and if YOU want to accept it,
He himself is ‘E‧li′jah who is destined to come"

John was performing a similar work to that of Elijah which is why Jesus said he was Elijah. Back in Elijah's day, the state of Isreal was very bad, there was Jezebel and Ahab and calf worship and child sacrifice....the nation had turned its back on the worship of their God and Elijah was the prophet who was sent to put things right.

In Johns day the situation was also bad...the pharisees and scribes had their own oral laws that they imposed on the people so they had in effect also turned their backs on God and his laws.
Johns work at that time was to call the people to repentance and prepare them to accept the Messiah.

There is no Elijah here today....he came symbolically in the form of John the baptist back in the first century as Jesus attested to.

Yes, John would have been reckoned as Elijah if John's message would have been received, but it was not received. Once again in our generation someone will proclaim the same thing and will be reckoned as Elijah.

brionne

May 31, 2010
Australia
Yes, John would have been reckoned as Elijah if John's message would have been received, but it was not received. Once again in our generation someone will proclaim the same thing and will be reckoned as Elijah.

Elijahs work was to bring Isreal back to God, Johns work was to prepare them for the Messiah, and the Messiah designated his 12 Apostles as proclaimers of the Kingdom in order to bring people into harmony with that Kingdom.

so it didnt matter that the jews didnt recognize John for the reason that the truth about Jesus was still proclaimed by Jesus Apostles as a group....not by one individual....and that group were able to gather many thousands of people to Jesus back then and they have continued to do so as a group into these last days.

Who is doing the work of Elijah or John or the Apostles today? It cannot be one single person, it must be a group of people who have been in existence for a long time...not only today but during the entire time called 'the last days'

Paul

Aug 19, 2006
Elijahs work was to bring Isreal back to God, Johns work was to prepare them for the Messiah, and the Messiah designated his 12 Apostles as proclaimers of the Kingdom in order to bring people into harmony with that Kingdom.

so it didnt matter that the jews didnt recognize John for the reason that the truth about Jesus was still proclaimed by Jesus Apostles as a group....not by one individual....and that group were able to gather many thousands of people to Jesus back then and they have continued to do so as a group into these last days.

Who is doing the work of Elijah or John or the Apostles today? It cannot be one single person, it must be a group of people who have been in existence for a long time...not only today but during the entire time called 'the last days'

pegg, what is a "long time?" When did the "last days" begin? The proclaimations are a very interesting study but it goes deep.

brionne

May 31, 2010
Australia
pegg, what is a "long time?" When did the "last days" begin? The proclaimations are a very interesting study but it goes deep.

the last days began when the gentile times ended. Many different christian denominations in the late 1800's recognized that the gentile times were soon to end back then because the bible prophecies of Daniel give a specific length of time for the 'gentile times' or 'appointed times of the nations' Luke 21:24

The gentile times began when the last king of the Davidic kingdom was removed from the throne in 607 BCE and it continued until the heavenly kingdom began to rule.

Has there been any king after 607bce who has ruled on the Davidic throne that you can think of?

whirlwind

Nov 8, 2007

Elijah (My God is Yahveh) is doing the work today in and through us, the group in the last days...His "great cloud of witnesses." :) He is the law and the prophets....

Matthew 11:13-14 For all the prophets and the law prophesied until John. And if ye will receive it, this is Elias, which was for to come.​

If you will receive it He tells us who that Elias is...all the law and the prophets. That is the Elias that "was for to come." But, there are two Elias's mentioned....

Matthew 17:9-13 And as they came down from the mountain, Jesus charged them, saying, Tell the vision to no man, until the Son of man be risen again from the dead. And His disciples asked Him, saying, Why then say the scribes that Elias must first come? And Jesus answered and said unto them, Elias truly shall first come, and restore all things. But I say unto you, That Elias is come already, and they knew him not, but have done unto him whatsoever they listed. Likewise shall also the Son of man suffer of them. Then the disciples understood that he spake unto them of John the Baptist.​

"Elias shall come" and Elias "is come already" said in the same sentence. :mellow: And...all of that was said AFTER the time of the literal Elijah. How can that be?

The Elias the scribes wrote of, "That Elias is come already." But still to come is the Elias that "shall first come and restore all things." He, the law and prophets (if you will receive it), comes in His elect, in His firstfruits. They testify of the law and prophets.

whirlwind

Nov 8, 2007
the last days began when the gentile times ended. Many different christian denominations in the late 1800's recognized that the gentile times were soon to end back then because the bible prophecies of Daniel give a specific length of time for the 'gentile times' or 'appointed times of the nations' Luke 21:24

The gentile times began when the last king of the Davidic kingdom was removed from the throne in 607 BCE and it continued until the heavenly kingdom began to rule.

Has there been any king after 607bce who has ruled on the Davidic throne that you can think of?

The blood line of David rules on the thrones of Europe today through the two daughters of king Zedekiah. All of Zedekiah's progeny were killed except for those two. Jeremiah took them to Egypt for a time and then to England.

Jeremiah 41:10 Then Ishmael carried away captive all the residue of the People that were in Mizpah, even the king's daughters, and all the People that remaiend in Mizpah, whom Nebuzar-adan the captain fo the guard had committed to Gedaliah the son of Ahikam: and Ishmael the son of Nethaniah carried them away captive, and departed to go over to the Ammonites.​

fivesense

Mar 7, 2010
WI
The blood line of David rules on the thrones of Europe today through the two daughters of king Zedekiah. All of Zedekiah's progeny were killed except for those two. Jeremiah took them to Egypt for a time and then to England.

Jeremiah 41:10 Then Ishmael carried away captive all the residue of the People that were in Mizpah, even the king's daughters, and all the People that remaiend in Mizpah, whom Nebuzar-adan the captain fo the guard had committed to Gedaliah the son of Ahikam: and Ishmael the son of Nethaniah carried them away captive, and departed to go over to the Ammonites.​
The plot thickens...
fivesense

Paul

Aug 19, 2006

We have differing times for the ending of the time of the gentiles.

That Davidic blood line has also been holding the office of the US Presidency up until the current President.

whirlwind

Nov 8, 2007
We have differing times for the ending of the time of the gentiles.

That Davidic blood line has also been holding the office of the US Presidency up until the current President.

Are you certain about Obama's connection (or disconnection :lol: ). Could he also be of that line through his mother?

whirlwind

Nov 8, 2007

Don't be so talkative Paul. :lol:

No kidding....how do you know. Have you looked into the Obama genealogy or are you basing it on a scriptural reference to the end times? I've kind of wondered about the following having some connection to him.....

Daniel 11:19-21 Then he shall turn his face toward the fort of his own land: but he shall stumble and fall, and not be found. Then shall stand up in his estate a raiser of taxes in the glory of the kingdom: but within few days he shall be destroyed, neither in anger, nor in battle. And in his estate shall stand up a vile person, to whom they shall not give the honour of the kingdom: but he shall come in peaceably, and obtain the kingdom by flatteries.​

Obama sure is a raiser of taxes brought in with tons of glory but....he hasn't been destroyed unless you consider his poll numbers. Perhaps that is his destruction (not in anger or battle). But if so....who follows him?

brionne

May 31, 2010
Australia

Unfortunately the kingship of Judah was only passed onto sons, not daughters. The isrealites did not pass inheritences onto daughters so its absolutely impossible that this idea could hold any ground.

When Nebudchadneza came against King Zedekiah, he had all of the sons of Zedekiah killed and therefore there were no heirs to the throne left.

Jeremiah 39:5-6
6 And the king of Babylon proceeded to slaughter the sons of Zed‧e‧ki′ah in Rib′lah before his eyes, and all the nobles of Judah the king of Babylon slaughtered.

there is no davidic blood line...no one, not even any jews, can trace their bloodline back to the Davidic line because in 70ce the romans destroyed Jerusalems temple and all traces of the bloodline vanished because the records of births was also destroyed.

i'd like to see that research

Paul

Aug 19, 2006
Unfortunately the kingship of Judah was only passed onto sons, not daughters. The isrealites did not pass inheritences onto daughters so its absolutely impossible that this idea could hold any ground.

When Nebudchadneza came against King Zedekiah, he had all of the sons of Zedekiah killed and therefore there were no heirs to the throne left.

Jeremiah 39:5-6
6 And the king of Babylon proceeded to slaughter the sons of Zed‧e‧ki′ah in Rib′lah before his eyes, and all the nobles of Judah the king of Babylon slaughtered.

there is no davidic blood line...no one, not even any jews, can trace their bloodline back to the Davidic line because in 70ce the romans destroyed Jerusalems temple and all traces of the bloodline vanished because the records of births was also destroyed.

i'd like to see that research

There is a Davidic blood line, sorry. It just doesn't depend on our opinion. Look at some of tim_from_pa's work on this board.

If you want to see the research, do it.