Emdr

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2nd Timothy Group

Nov 8, 2020
Cashmere
www.youtube.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What all people suffer from is the Curse of Adam and Eve. If a person is fortunate, the Lord will have lifted that Curse from their Heart. This is absolutely what the Bible is about, for only those with Circumcised Hearts may enter the Gates of Heaven. It is this very Curse that causes confusion. It is this very Curse that causes "blindness," a kind of blindness that causes life to seem hazy in a myriad of different ways.

Has your pastor/s ever taught you that you were to seek the Circumcision of your Heart? Don't worry . . . no one's pastor teaches the requirement of Circumcised Hearts. It is when this Curse is lifted from your Heart that you will finally possess clarity. It is the Curse that causes this confusion, and it is Christ who takes that confusion away through the lifting of the Curse.

If this is True, why would we seek anything other than to ask Christ for His Holy Purification? I will be honest with you . . . until your Heart has been cleansed of the Curse of Adam and Eve, this confusion will never end. For, that is the purpose of the Curse . . . to live a life of inner and perhaps outer chaos. So . . . memorize these Seven Perfect verses below. Choose your translation . . . it doesn't matter. They're all saying the same things (for the most part - NLT and KJV combined are amazing).

Colossians 2:9-15 NLT - "For in Christ lives all the fullness of God in a human body. 10 So you also are complete through your union with Christ, who is the head over every ruler and authority. 11 When you came to Christ, you were "circumcised," but not by a physical procedure. Christ performed a spiritual circumcision--the cutting away of your sinful nature. 12 For you were buried with Christ when you were baptized. And with him you were raised to new life because you trusted the mighty power of God, who raised Christ from the dead. 13 You were dead because of your sins and because your sinful nature was not yet cut away. Then God made you alive with Christ, for he forgave all our sins. 14 He canceled the record of the charges against us and took it away by nailing it to the cross. 15 In this way, he disarmed the spiritual rulers and authorities. He shamed them publicly by his victory over them on the cross."

Verse 9 is so important, for it says that through the Circumcision of Christ, you are whole and complete. We must know this . . . we must!

TLHKAJ

Sep 12, 2020
US
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I was wondering if it were safe or evil? I don't know a lot about it. A lot of people recommend it to me.
Sis, I used to hear about this a lot. I don't know for sure if there is anything inherently evil about it, but it didn't have a good feel about it when I looked into it years ago.

I do believe the concept of connecting left and right brain is helpful for ones who have undergone severe trauma that has resulted in dissociation and alter personalities. Eye exercises can help make connections in the brain that have been walled off from each other.

Rather than EMDR, God directed me to use instrumental Christian music while typing (on a computer) ...using two hands, listening to music, helped make connections in the brain and open up memories to bring to God for resolution.

TLHKAJ

Sep 12, 2020
US
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The eye movements can be triggering for ones who have been subjected to MK Ultra type traumas. (It was intense for me when I watched a video on it years ago.)

DuckieLady

Jan 8, 2021
Midwest-ish
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What is it?
It's basically a type of therapy where you move your eyes right to left to help recover lost memories. Something about bilateral stimulation.

I was wondering if it were safe or evil? I don't know a lot about it. A lot of people recommend it to me.

Went through some severe psychological trauma for a few weeks in December and I was so shaken up that while I was laying down and not able to get up too much, my eyes were going back and forth rapidly. I learned about EMDR after that experience. I tried it. Wasn't a big thing for me, but I think if you do you need to have someone close to you as those things come up.

I don't believe in using it to recover repressed memories, but I don't see the harm in using it to go back and reexamine an existing trauma that you are already aware of and working through it.

Having done past life regression hypnosis (as the hypnotist- and no, I don't believe in or do those things anymore) I would warn people that when you try to recover repressed memories, sometimes the brain automatically comes up with a bunch of things to fill in the blanks that may not be real. You can end up with false memories and cause yourself severe needless and unnecessary trauma.

That's why I could take a guy and hypnotize him to go back into his "past life" and get him to tell me who his wife was and then he would tell me about her being his mom in his "past life" and tell me their whole life story. Was it real? No. We were just stupid and believed in a lie. But his brain created a memory that didn't exist and filled in the blanks because I forced it to come up.

It could have also been demonic, but either way it wasn't a smart idea.

If you think you have PTSD (short term and usually in adulthood) or C-PTSD (long term, usually in childhood but can be in adulthood) check out FindingFreedomMedia to help you work through it in a healthy way. He's a very good teacher and a good pastor.

Mayflower

Jul 14, 2018
Bluffton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What all people suffer from is the Curse of Adam and Eve. If a person is fortunate, the Lord will have lifted that Curse from their Heart. This is absolutely what the Bible is about, for only those with Circumcised Hearts may enter the Gates of Heaven. It is this very Curse that causes confusion. It is this very Curse that causes "blindness," a kind of blindness that causes life to seem hazy in a myriad of different ways.

Has your pastor/s ever taught you that you were to seek the Circumcision of your Heart? Don't worry . . . no one's pastor teaches the requirement of Circumcised Hearts. It is when this Curse is lifted from your Heart that you will finally possess clarity. It is the Curse that causes this confusion, and it is Christ who takes that confusion away through the lifting of the Curse.

If this is True, why would we seek anything other than to ask Christ for His Holy Purification? I will be honest with you . . . until your Heart has been cleansed of the Curse of Adam and Eve, this confusion will never end. For, that is the purpose of the Curse . . . to live a life of inner and perhaps outer chaos. So . . . memorize these Seven Perfect verses below. Choose your translation . . . it doesn't matter. They're all saying the same things (for the most part - NLT and KJV combined are amazing).

Colossians 2:9-15 NLT - "For in Christ lives all the fullness of God in a human body. 10 So you also are complete through your union with Christ, who is the head over every ruler and authority. 11 When you came to Christ, you were "circumcised," but not by a physical procedure. Christ performed a spiritual circumcision--the cutting away of your sinful nature. 12 For you were buried with Christ when you were baptized. And with him you were raised to new life because you trusted the mighty power of God, who raised Christ from the dead. 13 You were dead because of your sins and because your sinful nature was not yet cut away. Then God made you alive with Christ, for he forgave all our sins. 14 He canceled the record of the charges against us and took it away by nailing it to the cross. 15 In this way, he disarmed the spiritual rulers and authorities. He shamed them publicly by his victory over them on the cross."

Verse 9 is so important, for it says that through the Circumcision of Christ, you are whole and complete. We must know this . . . we must!

I don't mean this in a bad way, but can you reword it? Im missing a lot of what you are saying. It is not just the unsaved that have traumatic experiences they have to work through. Trauma can effect believers in a way it is hard to know how to walk in the power and authority of Jesus Christ. Believers can renew their mind in the Word of God to help heal, but if you are telling her she is not saved, you don't know that. God is the only One who can ultimately heal anyone, but it doesn't mean you get free from adam and eve's curse and you automatically have it all together.

TLHKAJ

Sep 12, 2020
US
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That's why I could take a guy and hypnotize him to go back into his "past life" and get him to tell me who his wife was and then he would tell me about her being his mom in his "past life" and tell me their whole life story. Was it real? No. We were just stupid and believed in a lie. But his brain created a memory that didn't exist and filled in the blanks because I forced it to come up.

It could have also been demonic, but either way it wasn't a smart idea.
I believe that when hypnotism is involved, it opens doors to the demonic. That's something I'd never subject myself to. Under regular circumstances, false memories shouldn't be a concern. But under hypnosis, yeah....

DuckieLady

Jan 8, 2021
Midwest-ish
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I believe that when hypnotism is involved, it opens doors to the demonic. That's something I'd never subject myself to. Under regular circumstances, false memories shouldn't be a concern. But under hypnosis, yeah....
Yes, it can be! Recovering repressed memories was a common thing for psychotherapists back in 80s and 90s, but it turned out a lot of the cases ended up being a result of the psychotherapist unintentionally implanting false memories by basically either unintentionally making suggestions or sometimes a type of memory being created in a way that is close to word association.

For example, during the therapy the psychotherapist could mention a brief word such as "father" and then the brain kind of clings onto that subconsciously and then when a memory is asked for, and spits it back out a response to a question which there is no answer to. It is the same either way, with or without hypnosis, like unintentional brainwashing.

Gary Ramona was the first person to sue psychiatrists for this - and won, after being falsely accused of abusing his daughter. There's LOTS about false memory syndrome being the result of attempting to recover repressed memories. Wiki

That is why the practice is no longer recommended today and has been debunked.

EMDR should not be used the same way. EMDR should only be used to go through the existing memory to process what has already occurred.

Reactions: Mayflower

TLHKAJ

Sep 12, 2020
US
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I will say that leading should never happen in a therapy session. But there certainly is such a thing as repressed and dissociated memories. I honestly believe that if you're a believer, you may have an advantage over denial if you work through memories without a therapist. That way people can't say your memories were planted. (Pretty sad.)

Reactions: Nancy and Mayflower

TLHKAJ

Sep 12, 2020
US
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Dissociated memories can come back with a flood when amnesic barriers begin to break down. That was my experience. And this happened without a therapist or counselor for the first 3 years. I later prayed for God to send someone I could trust after I began getting increasingly more threats...and He did. She was not a licensed therapist. She was excellent, but she was almost 3 hours away.

Reactions: Nancy and Mayflower

DuckieLady

Jan 8, 2021
Midwest-ish
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Dissociated memories can come back with a flood when amnesic barriers begin to break down. That was my experience. And this happened without a therapist or counselor for the first 3 years. I later prayed for God to send someone I could trust after I began getting increasingly more threats...and He did. She was not a licensed therapist. She was excellent, but she was almost 3 hours away.
What do you mean by "amnesic barriers?" I wasn't familiar with the term and looked it up and it took me to something about ascension.

It says, "As the Transhumanism and Transgenderism agenda that we can observe in the current global landscape. The NAA are attempting to capitalize on repeating the Electric Wars timeline trigger event on the earth surface, through the recent push towards the WW3 rhetoric and the transhumanism agenda. This has become aggressive now in order to focus the collective consciousness to power up the Behemoth and Leviathan. The Electric Wars event has been recorded in the corrupted elementals of earth and its form of artificial intelligence is buried in the black goo that connects directly into the AI fields of the phantom earth timeline. This historical trigger event in the 8th Stargate has been brought into an intersection with the current collective consciousness time cycles on the earth, as the organic position of the Planetary Staff is being repaired in the earth body.[2]"

I don't know if that's what you're referring to but it sounds like something that the Lightworkers, Indigos, and Starseed children would talk about. I have to admit that I don't have any idea what it's saying.

TLHKAJ

Sep 12, 2020
US
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sis @FluffyYellowDuck , I'm shaking my head. lol
I have no idea how any of that has anything at all to do with dissociation and how the mind creates protective barriers around traumatic memories. I don't ascribe to any of that. I don't know how you came up with that in a search in relation to dissociation and amnesic barriers.

When there is dissociation, the mind builds a wall of amnesia around memories that are traumatic so that the child can cope with life without having to carry the burden of consciously knowing what happened to them.

TLHKAJ

Sep 12, 2020
US
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I edited my previous post (added more for clarification).

DuckieLady

Jan 8, 2021
Midwest-ish
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sis @FluffyYellowDuck , I'm shaking my head. lol
I have no idea how that has anything at all to do with dissociation and how the mind creates protective barriers around traumatic memories.
I can't even read it enough to tell what it was saying. It is like HG Wells or something, but reminded me of the Indigo culture. It's pretty much the same and that's how they talk. Thanks for the clarification!

TLHKAJ

Sep 12, 2020
US
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I can't even read it enough to tell what it was saying. It is like HG Wells or something, but reminded me of the Indigo culture. It's pretty much the same and that's how they talk. Thanks for the clarification!
You're welcome!

I believe the Indigo children (etc) came out of some of the MK Ultra projects. They tried to label some of my children as Indigos because of certain ways their minds worked. I wasn't having that!

DuckieLady

Jan 8, 2021
Midwest-ish
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You're welcome!

I believe the Indigo children (etc) came out of some of the MK Ultra projects. They tried to label some of my children as Indigos because of certain ways their minds worked. I wasn't having that!
I don't know. I wouldn't be able to say, but never had any of them mention it to me when I was a part of it. (Not as an indigo, but as a lightworker. They all group together though.) Though some were really out there. They think they're doing good things but they're not. A lot of "Love & Light" talk and they know neither.

"Having a form of godliness, but denying the power thereof: from such turn away."