Encouraging scripture:

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This I recall to my mind, therefore have I hope. It is of the Lord's mercies that we are not consumed, because his compassions fail not. They are new every morning: great is thy faithfulness. The Lord is my portion, saith my soul; therefore will I hope in him. The Lord is good unto them that wait for him, to the soul that seeketh him. It is good that a man should both hope and quietly wait for the salvation of the Lord.

Lamentations 3:21-26

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
This I recall to my mind, therefore have I hope. It is of the Lord's mercies that we are not consumed, because his compassions fail not. They are new every morning: great is thy faithfulness. The Lord is my portion, saith my soul; therefore will I hope in him. The Lord is good unto them that wait for him, to the soul that seeketh him. It is good that a man should both hope and quietly wait for the salvation of the Lord.

One of my favourite hymns is based on that passage, Great is They Faithfulness.

And I always think if you are waiting for something or somebody there are two ways to wait. We can wait impatiently, getting up and looking all the time or we can wait pro-actively and fill in our time usefully until the waited for event or person arrives.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
One of my favourite hymns is based on that passage, Great is They Faithfulness.

And I always think if you are waiting for something or somebody there are two ways to wait. We can wait impatiently, getting up and looking all the time or we can wait pro-actively and fill in our time usefully until the waited for event or person arrives.

No need to let the time pass unused!

:)

I see it as the attitude of the heart. I can do my work with quietness and peace, waiting for Jesus' mercy, keeping myself in His love!

Much love!

Thus saith the Lord, The heaven is my throne, and the earth is my footstool: where is the house that ye build unto me? and where is the place of my rest? For all those things hath mine hand made, and all those things have been, saith the Lord: but to this man will I look, even to him that is poor and of a contrite spirit, and trembleth at my word.

Isaiah 66:1-2

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Love the old hymns!
Me too, but churches today seem only interested in the new songs which are featured on some worship groups latest CD. They don't have the same 'heart' or the same power to move you as the old ones. And have you noticed how a lot of the songs hey sing these days are more like prayers - give m Lord, touch me Lord etc instead of being about Him. More prayer and petition than praise and worship.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Me too, but churches today seem only interested in the new songs which are featured on some worship groups latest CD. They don't have the same 'heart' or the same power to move you as the old ones. And have you noticed how a lot of the songs hey sing these days are more like prayers - give m Lord, touch me Lord etc instead of being about Him. More prayer and petition than praise and worship.
Just so. I like to sing about God, not me.

Much love!

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
YES! I believe when we enter His tabernacle to worship it should be ALL about Him! Sometimes when singing I wiil change the word to YOU...example....He is the King of Kings He is the Lord of Lords...I will sing to Him not about Him....You are the King of Kings You are the Lord of Lords....etc.
When I get into worshipping Him through song I feel His presence so strong!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sometimes when singing I wiil change the word to YOU...example....

Me too. And the chatter in my head. I'm always going on about something in my mind, so I direct my thoughts towards God. Instead of talking to myself, I'm talking to Him. Helps me remember He's here to share life with me.

much love!

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
these two are my Encouraging scriptures,
"But if it be of God, ye cannot overthrow it; lest haply ye be found even to fight against God". Acts 5:39 (kjv).

"No weapon that is formed against thee shall prosper; and every tongue [that] shall rise against thee in judgment thou shalt condemn. This [is] the heritage of the servants of the LORD, and their righteousness [is] of me, saith the LORD". Isaiah 54:17 (kjv).

and my Favorite old Hym is "Ship of Zion". here's the web page address Greatest Black Gospel Songs : Free Download, Borrow, and Streaming : Internet Archive

and select #41

PICJAG.

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Hi Marks!
Those are some very encouraging scriptures. Don't you just bask in the peace that comes with KNOWING that His mercies are new EVERYDAY?!! He has, as the song goes A reckless love for us ♥

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
th