End Time Deceptions

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

shturt678

Feb 9, 2013
South Point, Hawaii (Big Island)
Is there a great 'deceptor' out there (IIThess.2), biblical warnings of 'deceptions (Matt./IIThess./Rev),' many small 'deceptors,' is there a litmus test so one can check to see of they are 'deceived,' and any form of 'deception' regarding the Church and/or the Word? Broad in scope.

Old Jack

RANDOR

Fishin Everyday
Apr 13, 2014
HEAVEN
Jack..I know ya know all the answers to all your questions.............but I'm goin to have to go with this answer........
The word of God still has the power from those who carry hair dryers..............all others.........it's just watered down krud.......won't even electrify ya when ya plug it in....................all fizzle.

That's why i pity............a heathen in the hands of a luke warm Christian.........and so does God.

ARE NOT WE SUPPOSE TO BE excited at our salvation?

I KNOW i AM..............................PRAISE HIS NAME!!!!!!!!!!!!! YeeeeeeeeeeeeeHaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!

Hey.....I don't even care if that had anything to do with your thread......But i got to throw out some praise.

keras

Writer of Bible study guides
Mar 18, 2014
New Zealand
www.logostelos.info
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
Here's our problem: I know several pastors and they all simply refuse to discuss Bible prophecy. I asked a Bible college lecturer 'what is the next prophesied event? Answer: the Return of Jesus. They are all 'Blind Watchmen';

Isaiah 56:9-12 All you beasts of the open country and the forest, come and eat your fill. For all of Israel’s watchmen are blind, perceiving nothing, they are all as dumb dogs that cannot bark, dreaming and sleeping. They are like greedy dogs that can never be satisfied, they are shepherds unable to understand the truth, as they go their own way. They say: Come let us fetch wine, strong drink and we will swill it down. The future will be the same as today or better still!
Isaiah 29:9-10 If you confuse yourself, you will stay confused, if you blind yourself, you will stay blinded. Be drunk, but not with wine, for the Lord has poured upon you a spirit of deep stupor. He has closed the prophetic vision and sealed the means of discerning the future to you.

Jeremiah 14:11-13 The Lord said to me: Do not pray for the wellbeing of this people. Though they fast and worship Me, [but not in spirit and in truth] I shall not listen to their cry on the Day of My punishment. But Lord – their leaders and pastors say to them: you will not face the terrible sword of judgement and they preach prosperity and escape from tribulation.
Jeremiah 14:14-16 The Lord answered me: These are lies that your leaders are misleading the people with. I have not sent them, I have not given them My commission, or spoken to them. They are giving out false teachings, useless advice and their own foolish daydreams.
Therefore, I say about those teachers and pastors who speak falsely in My Name, they will meet their end in My Day of wrath, I shall pour down upon them the disaster they deserve.
2 Timothy 4:3-4 The time will come when people will not stand sound teaching, but each will go after their own desires and will only listen to teachers who give pleasant and easy outcomes. People will refuse to listen to true scriptural teaching. They will only believe fables and fanciful notions. Ref: REB.

‘Beasts of the field’, foreigners, non Israelites. Those who have ‘encroached onto the holy Land’. Jeremiah 12:14
‘Israel’s watchmen perceive nothing’, the veil that hides the true knowledge of God’s Word is upon them, because of false beliefs. Deut. 29:4
‘If you confuse yourself, you will stay confused’, Even when the truth is presented to people who think they have it all sorted, they just cannot see it. Jeremiah 6:10
‘They preach prosperity, the prosperity theology that gives a sense of false security and escape from tribulation’, The very wrong and pretentious idea of a pre tribulation rapture, that lulls people into thinking they need do nothing.
‘People will refuse to listen to true scriptural teaching’, 2 Peter 2:1-3
But for those who make the effort to overcome the false teachings, the fictional books that proliferate on the book stalls and all the rubbish on the internet, there is hope: Psalm 78:1-8, Isaiah 55:1-3, Psalm 25:8-9, Psalm 27:11-12, Psalm 32:8. Then we look forward to; Isaiah 51:1-8, bring it on, Lord!

shturt678

Feb 9, 2013
South Point, Hawaii (Big Island)
John S said:
YES - The Pre-Trib Rapture doctrine is one of the greatest deceptions.
You jumped right out there with brother RANDOR...bold in our Lord....great!

So the deception could be that there is only "1" "Rapture," loosely speaking instead of the "left behind" series kind of "Rapture" that gained in popularity awhile back? So the bad thing is the "Rapture" doctrine projects the warnings regarding the "tribulation" out of touch from us today? Just thinking out loud again, however curious?

Old Jack

RANDOR said:
Jack..I know ya know all the answers to all your questions.............but I'm goin to have to go with this answer........
The word of God still has the power from those who carry hair dryers..............all others.........it's just watered down krud.......won't even electrify ya when ya plug it in....................all fizzle.

That's why i pity............a heathen in the hands of a luke warm Christian.........and so does God.

ARE NOT WE SUPPOSE TO BE excited at our salvation?

I KNOW i AM..............................PRAISE HIS NAME!!!!!!!!!!!!! YeeeeeeeeeeeeeHaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!

Hey.....I don't even care if that had anything to do with your thread......But i got to throw out some praise.
Included broad in scope disclaimer for you and myself...your o.k.

As a new Christian long ago, on fire and excited about such a great salvation and forgiveness....it was obvious to others that I was a new Christian, however what surprised others is I stayed excited month after month with others saying, "oh, you'll be slowing down soon." Never did happen. My point, what really stunned me, was whan an ol' timer Christian believer caught me in the parking lot after Church asking me something like, "do you really think this is all real."

His question has always stayed with me, ie, of course I said the resurrection and Jesus died on the Cross for my sins is as real as it gets as didn't know much in those days. I don't know if we would say there is deception in his case or ?

Old Jack

I do usually have a good idea what the answers are from my view, however I usually try to posit one question off the top so to challenge myself.

keras said:
Here's our problem: I know several pastors and they all simply refuse to discuss Bible prophecy. I asked a Bible college lecturer 'what is the next prophesied event? Answer: the Return of Jesus. They are all 'Blind Watchmen';

Isaiah 56:9-12 All you beasts of the open country and the forest, come and eat your fill. For all of Israel’s watchmen are blind, perceiving nothing, they are all as dumb dogs that cannot bark, dreaming and sleeping. They are like greedy dogs that can never be satisfied, they are shepherds unable to understand the truth, as they go their own way. They say: Come let us fetch wine, strong drink and we will swill it down. The future will be the same as today or better still!
Isaiah 29:9-10 If you confuse yourself, you will stay confused, if you blind yourself, you will stay blinded. Be drunk, but not with wine, for the Lord has poured upon you a spirit of deep stupor. He has closed the prophetic vision and sealed the means of discerning the future to you.

Jeremiah 14:11-13 The Lord said to me: Do not pray for the wellbeing of this people. Though they fast and worship Me, [but not in spirit and in truth] I shall not listen to their cry on the Day of My punishment. But Lord – their leaders and pastors say to them: you will not face the terrible sword of judgement and they preach prosperity and escape from tribulation.
Jeremiah 14:14-16 The Lord answered me: These are lies that your leaders are misleading the people with. I have not sent them, I have not given them My commission, or spoken to them. They are giving out false teachings, useless advice and their own foolish daydreams.
Therefore, I say about those teachers and pastors who speak falsely in My Name, they will meet their end in My Day of wrath, I shall pour down upon them the disaster they deserve.
2 Timothy 4:3-4 The time will come when people will not stand sound teaching, but each will go after their own desires and will only listen to teachers who give pleasant and easy outcomes. People will refuse to listen to true scriptural teaching. They will only believe fables and fanciful notions. Ref: REB.

‘Beasts of the field’, foreigners, non Israelites. Those who have ‘encroached onto the holy Land’. Jeremiah 12:14
‘Israel’s watchmen perceive nothing’, the veil that hides the true knowledge of God’s Word is upon them, because of false beliefs. Deut. 29:4
‘If you confuse yourself, you will stay confused’, Even when the truth is presented to people who think they have it all sorted, they just cannot see it. Jeremiah 6:10
‘They preach prosperity, the prosperity theology that gives a sense of false security and escape from tribulation’, The very wrong and pretentious idea of a pre tribulation rapture, that lulls people into thinking they need do nothing.
‘People will refuse to listen to true scriptural teaching’, 2 Peter 2:1-3
But for those who make the effort to overcome the false teachings, the fictional books that proliferate on the book stalls and all the rubbish on the internet, there is hope: Psalm 78:1-8, Isaiah 55:1-3, Psalm 25:8-9, Psalm 27:11-12, Psalm 32:8. Then we look forward to; Isaiah 51:1-8, bring it on, Lord!
Wow! Unable to add or subtract from this post...going to have to spend a little more time on this...will be worth it!

Old Jack

Went over your post again having to agree to too tooo much, scary.

keras

Writer of Bible study guides
Mar 18, 2014
New Zealand
www.logostelos.info
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
Long have I restrained Myself..........
Isaiah 42:14-15.......I kept silence and held Myself in check. I shall lay waste to mountain and hill, dry up the trees and fields. I shall dry up the rivers and empty the lakes. The Lord will go forth as a warrior; He will shout His battle cry and will triumph over His enemies. Hab. 3:12, Zeph. 1:14-18, Rev. 6:12-17
God is about to act once again in His creation – The Lord’s Day of vengeance and wrath is the next prophesied event, a worldwide devastation by fire, that will particularly affect all the Middle East area. Zeph. 2:4 The first of a series of judgements and punishments to His enemies and blessings to His Righteous people, Isaiah 44:1-3, and leading up to the culmination of this age: the Return of Jesus.
Isaiah 42:16-17 I will guide the blind along unfamiliar paths and will make the way smooth for them. But those who do not trust Me, they will be put to shame.
Isaiah 42:10-12 Sing a new song to the Lord – throughout the world, you on the seas and you that inhabit the coasts and islands. Let all people give glory to God!
This is the regathering and settling of His people into the Land of Beulah. Isaiah 62:1-5

Isaiah42:18-20 Hear now: you deaf people, you My servants that are blind: look and see! Who is so blind as My servants? So deaf as the messengers that I send? You have seen much, but perceived little. Your ears are open but you hear nothing.
The Lord’s servants: those who love Him and obey His Laws, fail to see or listen to the truths that are prophesied about these end times. Why is this?
Isaiah 29:9-12 If you confuse yourselves, you will stay confused. For the Lord has poured on you a spirit of deep stupor, the prophetic vision of it all has become like the words in a sealed book.
If we confuse ourselves by believing false teachings and doctrines, then we become locked into them. But how can we really understand what the prophets are telling us?

Isaiah 29:22-24 This is no time for Jacob [Righteous Israel] to be afraid, when they see what I will do for them, they will regard their God with awe. Then the confused will gain understanding and the obstinate will accept instruction.
So, it may not be until after the Lord has acted against His enemies, that most of His people will finally realize and understand His plans and purposes for them. Psalm 60:1-5
Zechariah 10:6-12 I shall give triumph and victory to Judah and Joseph and in My compassion, I shall restore them as though I had never cast them off. My people will see and be glad, for I will deliver them. I will whistle to call them in and they will be as many as they used to be. Though dispersed among the nations and yet in far off lands, they will remember Me. I shall bring them home from wherever they are and will lead them into My holy Land, until there is no more room.
Israel’s strength will be in the Lord, they will march proudly in His name.
Ref: REB, some verses abridged
The Lord’s righteous people, the true descendants of Jacob and those grafted in are gathered and restored back into their heritage, after He judges and punishes our enemies. Jeremiah 12:14-17, Ezekiel 20:34-38, Isaiah 11:11-12
Unfortunately these events will come as a surprise to the secular world and to many Bible believers. Why should you be shocked and taken unawares by what must happen?
2 Peter 1:19 We have the word of the prophets, you do well to pay attention to it, as a light shining in a dark place and when the Day dawns, it will illuminate your minds.

B

brakelite

How about the text that states that the church of the last days thinks itself rich and blessed and in need of nothing...when in reality it is blind, poor, and naked. Lovers of pleasure more than lovers of God.

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
brakelite said:
How about the text that states that the church of the last days thinks itself rich and blessed and in need of nothing...when in reality it is blind, poor, and naked. Lovers of pleasure more than lovers of God.
When has this NOT been true? We have been in the end times since the day Jesus ascended to Heaven. All the predictions are descriptions of daily life both then and now.

B

brakelite

When has this NOT been true? We have been in the end times since the day Jesus ascended to Heaven. All the predictions are descriptions of daily life both then and now.

The apostolic church was not like this. And the reformation churches in their early years were not like this. They were hungry for truth. They knew they were naked...they knew they needed reformation...they knew they were poor in spirit, ...they knew they needed Christ's life and truth to return them to His word...unfortunately not all of them embraced the new light God was shining upon them, so today you witness a slide back to their old ways and regressing in their commitment to truth ... And there are some churches today , having repented of this, who are no longer like this.

Rocky Wiley

Aug 28, 2012
Southeast USA
shturt678 said:
Is there a great 'deceptor' out there (IIThess.2), biblical warnings of 'deceptions (Matt./IIThess./Rev),' many small 'deceptors,' is there a litmus test so one can check to see of they are 'deceived,' and any form of 'deception' regarding the Church and/or the Word? Broad in scope.

Old Jack
Old jack,

One of the biggest "deceptor"s is understanding the word of God for what it says. Most prophecy teachers seem to think everything written has to be decoded. That just isn't true.

Examples:

When Jesus said "this generation" he was talking about his generation.

When Jesus said " some of you shall not taste death, before I return in my kingdom" the 'you' Jesus was speaking to was his disciples.

The Old Testament was written to the Jews.
The Four Gospels was about Jesus teaching to his people, Jews.
The Epistles were written to the early churches/Christians at the time of writing.
The book of Revelation is about the end of law and the age of grace.

None of the bible was written to us directly. It is for our understanding.

If you can prove the above to be wrong, use scripture, not what someone else says.

RANDOR

Fishin Everyday
Apr 13, 2014
HEAVEN
The bible was written for all to understand.....Haven't met one person yet who has just sat down and read the word for what it says.
They don't become distorted or wierd.....they get it.........
It's only when they have been taught by someone who they thought they could trust with the word that gets them all screwed up.

Thus......that's why today.....there are so many religions....and the word is watered down to almost a soak..
The main ingredient....................is POWER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! they seem to leave out the power.

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Chronological snobbery........we are more advanced than our ancesters

chronological snobbery .........we are less righteous or knowlegable than our ancestors.

Bible.......there is nothing new under the sun

Rocky Wiley

Aug 28, 2012
Southeast USA
RANDOR said:
The bible was written for all to understand.....Haven't met one person yet who has just sat down and read the word for what it says.
They don't become distorted or wierd.....they get it.........
It's only when they have been taught by someone who they thought they could trust with the word that gets them all screwed up.

Thus......that's why today.....there are so many religions....and the word is watered down to almost a soak..
The main ingredient....................is POWER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! they seem to leave out the power.
Randor,
Truth is the word of God, and that is power.

Luk 21:20 And when ye shall see Jerusalem compassed with armies, then know that the desolation thereof is nigh.
The truth is that Jesus was telling his disciples that when they saw Jerusalem surrounded then know that desolation was nigh. Remember that Daniel spoke of desolation and then the end would come.

Luk 21:21 Then let them which are in Judaea flee to the mountains; and let them which are in the midst of it depart out; and let not them that are in the countries enter thereinto.
Jesus told them they should depart out when they saw these things.

Luk 21:22 For these be the days of vengeance, that all things which are written may be fulfilled.
Now Jesus tells them in no uncertain terms that all things written would be fulfilled, that would be the prophecy written in the old testament.

If one can accept the above is truth, then there is power.

shturt678s

Apr 16, 2014
Rocky Wiley said:
Old jack,

One of the biggest "deceptor"s is understanding the word of God for what it says. Most prophecy teachers seem to think everything written has to be decoded. That just isn't true.

Examples:

When Jesus said "this generation" he was talking about his generation.

When Jesus said " some of you shall not taste death, before I return in my kingdom" the 'you' Jesus was speaking to was his disciples.

The Old Testament was written to the Jews.
The Four Gospels was about Jesus teaching to his people, Jews.
The Epistles were written to the early churches/Christians at the time of writing.
The book of Revelation is about the end of law and the age of grace.

None of the bible was written to us directly. It is for our understanding.

If you can prove the above to be wrong, use scripture, not what someone else says.
Thank you for your response!

A very good example of how the Bible should interpret itself, viz. Matt.24:34, "this generation," construed with Ps.12:7; 78:8, refers to that of a kind of generation is referred to, ie, the evil kind that reproduces and succeeds itself in many physical generations - not His generation for sure contextually in light of IIPet.1:20, 21).

Old Jack's opinion
Rocky Wiley said:
Randor,
Truth is the word of God, and that is power.

Luk 21:20 And when ye shall see Jerusalem compassed with armies, then know that the desolation thereof is nigh.
The truth is that Jesus was telling his disciples that when they saw Jerusalem surrounded then know that desolation was nigh. Remember that Daniel spoke of desolation and then the end would come.

Luk 21:21 Then let them which are in Judaea flee to the mountains; and let them which are in the midst of it depart out; and let not them that are in the countries enter thereinto.
Jesus told them they should depart out when they saw these things.

Luk 21:22 For these be the days of vengeance, that all things which are written may be fulfilled.
Now Jesus tells them in no uncertain terms that all things written would be fulfilled, that would be the prophecy written in the old testament.

If one can accept the above is truth, then there is power.
Thank you again!

Not too bad except for missing the hammer in Lk.21:22, the "days of vengeance" part big time...."truth," I don't even have that even with my recent paygrade increase?

Old, truthful direction, Jack...I hope?

shturt678s

Apr 16, 2014
n2thelight said:
The biggest deception will ever know is when satan comes pretending to be Christ.....
Thank you for your response!

Since Satan was bound at the Cross by the Godman Jesus, I think the biggest deception we'll ever know is where the Antichrist reveals himself as the Antichrist by this pagan act of seating himself in the true God's Sanctuary (his power and authority sort of thing) this very moment where one thinks they have the Holy Spirit's indwelling...cannot get more deceptive than that?

Old Jack's opinion

[email protected]

Choir Loft
Apr 2, 2009
West Central Florida
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
shturt678 said:

Old Jack
One of the greatest deceptions embraced by the church is the ideology of the rapture.

My prayer is NOT that you take them out of the world but that you protect them from the evil one.
- Jesus quoted by John 17:15

Jesus said those words quoted above and it was Jesus' intent to ask the Father to protect Christians, not evacuate them when things got dicey.
The gospel is a message of hope embraced by men of courage, not an easy out for cowards. But that is exactly that which is espoused by the rapture lie.

Which part of NOT does the reader NOT understand?

John Nelson Darby invented the rapture scenario in mid-19th century America. Not only is the argument non-Biblical, it is as American as baseball. It is said that though figures don't lie, liars can figure. The same is true for quotations of scripture used as slogans to justify a lie.

Following a successful promotion of it in his books, it was accepted by C.J. Scofield for his publication of his chain reference Bible. The two men together led America's Christians down a long deceitful road of fakery, illusion and cowardice. It doesn't matter at all to most Protestant Christians that Mr. Darby was the consort of witches. They are as enamored of the rapture idea as Trekkies are with the adventures of Captain Kirk.

But are the words of Darby more to be accepted than the words of Jesus Christ? To read the rubbish published supporting Darby's illusion one would be convinced this is true. Apparently Jesus didn't know what He was talking about. Is the twenty first century Christian concerned with truth spoken by Jesus or lies published by a witchified self-proclaimed prophet of the 19th century?

Which part of NOT does the reader not understand?

Chose your savior, Christian. You cannot have it both ways.

and that's just me, hollering from the choir loft...