• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
-
Many believers do not enjoy their Christianity as they should because they have an idea of God, regarding how to deal with Him, and regarding how He deals with them, that is remarkably wrong.

There are many born again Saints whose entire idea of fellowship with God is not friendship, is not a love relationship, is not family...is not DADDY.. but its a sort of a "how do i make myself worthy enough for God to be nice to me and accept me".

Its almost a sort of mild performance anxiety mental issue, where the believer has not been able to accept or believe that God loves them because God is LOVE and that is what He does, because that is who He is......in reality.
Instead they are forever straining at the straps, earning, stressing, repenting, confessing, ever seeking to perform enough, long enough, be good enough.... so that God can accept them.

And truly, this performance based Christian mentality is a straight jacket of misery, and if you are wearing it, i want to offer you a verse to meditate on so that you get a True Vision of the God who saved you, and not because you earned it but only because "God so loved YOU".

Listen, Goodness exists only because God exists.
Love exists, only because God exists.
Compassion, Health, Joy, Peace, HOPE.....these only exist because GOD exists.
Always realized that even if you were the only person in the world, God still would have sent His Beautiful Son to the Cross just to bring YOU home to His Kingdom and into His heart and family..

Look at this verse... and see the real God, your Father.

John 16:24

"and hitherto have you asked nothing in my name : ASK and you shall receive, that your JOY MAY BE FULL.""

Now, let me expound this just a little .........

"what are you waiting for?.....ask me.... im your Father.....I love you......and i want to give to you my blessings so that your joy may be full"

Now, did you notice what you are to do to earn this fullness of Joy that God wants to give you?

Answer.) = nothing :)

You dont earn it. And the reason is, .. God's love for you is not a performance based rewards system. He is not up there taking notes and awarding and subtracting reward points, and if you finally do enough and get enough points, you finally get a blessing or a prayer answered.

That is not God. That is not how God's love works, or functions.... Yet many believers are working to get God's love., working to get God's acceptance....Repenting and confessing to try to be "OK" with God..... working to get God to love them....and they never feel it, ever..... because God's love is FREELY given.
Its not worked for, or earned...Its RECEIVED, just like Salvation.
God IS Love.... It what He is....Its what He does..

You noticed in that verse... the reward of = "that your JOY might be full"... = Blessing.
God wants this for you. This is How He loves you.... He loves by GIVING and GIVING, and never is this based on your performance. Its always and only based on God's nature.... God is a giver... God is LOVE. God loves YOU.

Reactions: Pisteuo

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Not too bad that time.

My only contention would be this....

Now, did you notice what you are to do to earn this fullness of Joy that God wants to give you?

Answer.) = nothing

Based on what you said previously, the answer is not "Nothing" it is, "ask, and you shall receive."

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
Not too bad that time.

My only contention would be this....

Based on what you said previously, the answer is not "Nothing" it is, "ask, and you shall receive."

God blesses the good and the evil.
However, He only saved the one who receives His Son by Faith.