Enough Religion to Make One Miserable

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

rockytopva

Staff member
Dec 31, 2010
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"The trouble with many men is that they have got just enough religion to make them miserable. If there is not joy in religion, you have got a leak in your religion." - Billy Sunday

"We have just enough religion to make us hate, but not enough to make us love one another.” - Jonathan Swift

I met a man whom I worked with who never showed any signs of Christianity until after he retired. Now he even plays his instrument during the worship. During conversation I began a topic on some biblical subject. His response was that the entire Bible was written in Hebrew. It seemed like that thought comforted him as coming to a place of arrival. I would have pointed out that the New Testament was written in the Greek but that would have spurned an unwelcomed conversation. So I basically gave him a tap on the shoulder along with a "God Bless you!" He seemed to have had enough understanding to comfort himself with so with that I turned away.

There are those who have even gotten much college education, and with that understanding you find very little Christian character. And then you have the uneducated who are unbelievably charitable and show much of the fruit of Christ and of his Holy Spirit. It is always nice to find a wonderful Christian spirit formed within along with the educated mind...

My little children, of whom I travail in birth again until Christ be formed in you, - Galatians 4:19

Which is why I do not recommend any certain doctrine as we have such a variety of character within the same mental doctrinal setup.

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There are many who are false and yet can do many good works for the poor and others .
I oughta know i was one of those.
Good works without faith in CHRIST is death
and of course if one claims Christ yet does not do good then their lip service faith is dead .
Many pagan and pagan religoins can do good things for others , YET THEY ALL FOLLOW the dragon .
And many so called christains can turn a blind eye to those in need , and they too do not KNOW CHRIST .
the key is , BETTER KNOW THY BIBLE and make sure we are embracing , not some , not even most
but ALL THINGS JESUS TAUGHT and later the apostels taught . Most folks know just enough bible to make them dangerous
We must learn it well and follow that JESUS or we simply follow another jesus . If our jesus contradicts THAT JESUS
we ben duped . And now for the worst , YET BEST NEWS . MOST pastors follow another jesus
but the good news is WE DONT have to follow them . FOLLOW JESUS , learn THY BIBLE .

Marvelloustime

Sep 15, 2020
Heaven bound
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
There are many who are false and yet can do many good works for the poor and others .
I oughta know i was one of those.
Good works without faith in CHRIST is death
and of course if one claims Christ yet does not do good then their lip service faith is dead .
Many pagan and pagan religoins can do good things for others , YET THEY ALL FOLLOW the dragon .
And many so called christains can turn a blind eye to those in need , and they too do not KNOW CHRIST .
the key is , BETTER KNOW THY BIBLE and make sure we are embracing , not some , not even most
but ALL THINGS JESUS TAUGHT and later the apostels taught . Most folks know just enough bible to make them dangerous
We must learn it well and follow that JESUS or we simply follow another jesus . If our jesus contradicts THAT JESUS
we ben duped . And now for the worst , YET BEST NEWS . MOST pastors follow another jesus
but the good news is WE DONT have to follow them . FOLLOW JESUS , learn THY BIBLE .
Brother is spotted. Praise the Lord.

• Love
Reactions: amigo de christo