Ephesians 3:19

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
Ephesians 3:19

""""And to know the love of Christ, which passeth knowledge, that ye might be filled with all the fulness of God"""

When teachers or Pulpits teach this verse, they teach it in a secular way, which robs it of is spiritual significance and spiritual power.

This verse is a game changer, because.....its identifies how you do this.....>"it is not i who live but Christ who lives in me".

Usually when you see this Ephesians's verse, someone is talking about how much God loves you.....and its important that you know it.

Well, that is the secular view of this verse., as this verse says that you can't know the love of Christ by "knowledge", so you have to spiritually discern it.

So, to understand the verse on a mental level or a secular level, robs the verse it of its dynamic spiritual potential.

To understand this verse properly, you have to use the 2nd half of the verse as the context regarding how the verse is talking about how to be the ultimate vessel of Light and Jesus's Life

Watch....

1.) To know the Love of Christ""", .. does not mean to understand it.......it means to BECOME IT.. 'knowing" is becoming....to become.

Remember when Mary said to the Angel....>"but i have not known a man".......And that means she has not become "one flesh" with any.. as then 2 have BECOME "one Flesh".

So, to "know the love of Christ" is to become the Love of Christ, ...Knowing...is BECOMING.

2.) Be filled with the fullness of God".... And what is God? "God is LOVE".....So, if you are filled with the fullness of God, you are filled with GOD's LOVE. You are become this, entirely.

This is the place of "The fullness of the Stature of Christ"...... AS Christ is God's Love manifested as a human being.

So, when Paul says..."its not I who live, but Christ who lives "IN ME"....>He is teaching that....I am FILLED with the FULLNESS OF GOD..... = I only exist now as the Love Of Christ. = This is what i have BECOME.

Reactions: DPMartin

CadyandZoe

May 17, 2020
Phoenix
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Verse 19 is included in Ephesians 3:14-21, which is Paul's prayer for the church. This indicates what Paul wants God to do for us. He want's God to strengthen our "inner man." He wants wants Christ to dwell in our hearts through faith, and he wants us to be rooted and grounded in love, so that we might come to fully understand the profundity of Christ's love.

My translation has "to know the love of Christ which surpasses knowledge" I don't think this is exactly what Paul meant by his words. I believe Paul meant to say something like this, "Jesus Christ loved us to such a degree never before seen in human history." It isn't that we can't understand this kind of Love, but it's the fact that any attempt to love as he loved will be like exploring the uncharted territory of a vast continent.

If we take any exhortation from this prayer it would certainly include an encouragement to take that journey of love ourselves. Paul invites us to love as Christ loved, or at least make the attempt, which is the only real way to experience and find out its breadth and length and height and depth.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
My translation has "to know the love of Christ which surpasses knowledge"

To know the love of Christ, in this verse, does not mean to know much God loves you, as this is the secular teaching of the verse, as i stated in the Thread.

To know the love of God, as this verse explains, is to become it. Its not to experience it, but rather to be it.
Or as Paul said...>"Its not I who live, but CHRIST who lives in me"...
This is God, in Paul, LIVING THRU Paul, as God's LOVE.
That's what the verse is talking about....
To "Know" is to become.

CadyandZoe

May 17, 2020
Phoenix
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
To know the love of Christ, in this verse, does not mean to know much God loves you, as this is the secular teaching of the verse, as i stated in the Thread.

To know the love of God, as this verse explains, is to become it. Its not to experience it, but rather to be it.
Or as Paul said...>"Its not I who live, but CHRIST who lives in me"...
This is God, in Paul, LIVING THRU Paul, as God's LOVE.
That's what the verse is talking about....
To "Know" is to become.
I agree. We seem to be on the same page. Thanks for this thread.

Reactions: Behold