Eraser

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

dragonfly

Apr 19, 2012
UK
Hi,

Does anyone know if there is a Ctrl + other key for the eraser (like there are for copy, cut and paste)?

Many thanks.

dragonfly

Apr 19, 2012
UK
Hi Arnie,

I get tired of moving the cursor around. :blink: Once I've highlighted it, a couple of keystrokes would be quicker and easier.

Stan

Jul 19, 2012
Calgary, Alberta, CA.
Hi,

Does anyone know if there is a Ctrl + other key for the eraser (like there are for copy, cut and paste)?

Many thanks.

For the PC it is the Back key when typing or for big mistakes you do all at once, the CTRL + Z keys.
This words for ANY Windows program.

I think this thread should be in the IT Forum.

dragonfly

Apr 19, 2012
UK
Hi Arnie and Stan,

Stan, thanks for the Ctrl + z. That may be handy, because it probably doesn't interfere with the Del and Ins key functions.

Hi Arnie,

Only other one I know is shift/delete

Or highlight and then hit delete.

Mind you I am still using a desktop ... you probably have a handheld ?

No, I'm using a laptop with Vista. But, I think you misunderstand my question. ^_^

I'm not trying to delete the actual word, but just the way it has been formatted to bold, italic, underlined or coloured or a combination of those additional features. I'm looking to be able to return it to black, un-bold, un-italic, un-underlined - all at once - just by pressing Ctrl and one other key.

And I asked, because I didn't want to spend an hour experimenting, possibly to find that there isn't one.

Arnie Manitoba

Mar 8, 2011
Manitoba Canada
dragonfly .... thanks .... I figured I was not understanding your question. My computer skills are pretty basic.

As far as returning back to original format (removing colors , italics etc) what I often do is open the Microsoft notepad , copy everything to it , then re-copy and paste into the article I am working on.

A bit of hassle but it converts everything back to a normal format.

dragonfly

Apr 19, 2012
UK
Hi Arnie,

Yes, there is that option, and I do use that in certain circumstances.

Don't get me wrong, the eraser on the reply pane toolbar does work perfectly well by mouse(pad). :)