1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Error and Contradictions in the Bible

Discussion in 'Christian Theology Forum' started by FHII, Aug 17, 2011.

1. rstrats

rstrats Member

Stan,

re: "Really.... I have to explain that to you?"

Apparently you do. Are you saying that 2 different generations were being referred to by the Messiah - an evil one and one that wasn't? That the evil one would be given a sign but that the other one wouldn't be given a sign?

2. Stan

Stan New Member

I, and apparently you, have no idea what you are talking about now.
    First, kindly explain how the 2 verses you supplied in post 109, contradict on another, and
    Secondly, please use the tools provided by the webmaster when quoting and addressing my posts.

3. rstrats

rstrats Member

Stan,

re: " ...explain how the 2 verses you supplied in post 109, contradict on another..."

Be happy to; the one verse says there IS a sign and the other verse says there ISN"T.

4. Stan

Stan New Member

Two different occasions, and ONE says NO sign and the other says NO sign ACCEPT. Not understanding the different figure of speach is NOT a contradiction.

5. rstrats

rstrats Member

Stan,

re: " ONE says NO sign and the other says NO sign ACCEPT. Not understanding the different figure of speach is NOT a contradiction."

Which one is the figure of speech, i.e. not literally meaning what it says, and how do you know?

6. Stan

Stan New Member

I didn't say it didn't mean what it says. One omits the Jonah part while the other one, and Matthew 12:39 include it. the figure of speech or type of saying is NO, ACCEPT. This is not a contradiction, it is an omission.

7. rstrats

rstrats Member

Stan,

Now I know you’re just messin’ with me. You can’t possibly be serious by thinking that you can simply add words to scripture to support your preconceived notion that there are no contradictions in that scripture.

8. Stan

Stan New Member

I didn't ADD anything. You asserted the two verses were contradictions and I explained to you how they aren't.

9. whitestone

whitestone New Member

I believe if you count the number of saved folk mentioned by name in the N.T., you will find 153 names listed. It is just one of the many ways we can know Scriptural Inspiration.

10. teamventure

teamventure Well-Known Member

how come all these "contradictions in scripture" posters aren't banned?

11. THE Gypsy

THE Gypsy New Member

Because you are not a Moderator? [​IMG]

12. teamventure

well i see which lot you hurl yourself into. why don't you believe in the validity of scripture?

13. THE Gypsy

THE Gypsy New Member

It was a joke, Sparky...thus the smilie so climb down of your self built pedestal and take your fake righteous indignation with you.[​IMG]

14. aspen

aspen “"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few

Faith:
    Christian
    United States
    I think it is because the moderators are secure with their beliefs about scripture, therefore, realize that allowing other opinions are not a threat. In fact, other opinions may actually inspire people to reference and read the Bible more often in search of truth

15. teamventure

i remain skeptical on wether or not you were joking. anyway, the post quoted above shows that i rustled your jimmies and you're mad enough to attack me viciousley.
    so answer my question, do you believe there are contradictions in the Bible?

well i'm secure with my beliefs about scripture. in any subject where i'm not sure of my beliefs on a matter, i don't react this way. your post above shows your blindness to the war raging around us. there is a war against truth and it is a threat.

16. Stan

Stan New Member

I don't think this is an offence based on the ToS.

17. teamventure

oh and it's not a matter of opinion. it's a matter of truth of God vs lies of Satan.

only good response i've had on this. well carry on.

18. sniper762

sniper762 New Member

why does the truth offend
    if the inconsistancies posted (which this thread pertains to) are not valid, then one should be knowledgable enough to intelligently rebuke them
    none are so blind as he who WILL NOT see.

19. teamventure

interesting you would speak about the truth offending. how about when the truth of the infalible word of God offends someone so they try to disprove it by showing alleged "contradictions." hit close to home sniper?