Escape Mud

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

element432

Sep 28, 2021
Canberra
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Some nights ago, I was reading the Bible and needed some clarity, so I looked at another Bible translation. Unfortunately, the two verses didn't match up and I felt one was leading me astray. Then a thought came to mind, "Ask and you shall receive". So I prayed; Most High God, Father of the Son Jesus Christ, which Bible translation should I consider The Lords Truth. Then I finished my prayers and went to sleep. Later that night while dreaming the word "muddied" came to me. So half awake, I wrote it on paper and went back to sleep.

The next morning I saw "muddied" written on the paper. Directly underneath were the words, "Source is light", but I only faintly remember hearing that. The word "muddied" perfectly described the feeling of last night, so I prayed and gave thanks to the Father.

Later, searching the Bible for the word "muddied" gave no results. Trying "muddy" or "mud", still had no results. I then switched from The King James translation to the New International version and searching "muddied" again, there were 3 results. The word "muddy" had 2 results, and the word "mud" had 20 results. You can search and confirm these results for yourself, but here are just some of the verses.

Isaiah 57:20, (NIV), But the wicked are like the tossing sea, which cannot rest, whose waves cast up mire and mud.

Proverbs 25:26, (NIV), Like a muddied spring or a polluted well are the righteous who give way to the wicked.

Ezekiel 32:2, (NIV), “Son of man, take up a lament concerning Pharaoh king of Egypt and say to him: “‘You are like a lion among the nations; you are like a monster in the seas thrashing about in your streams, churning the water with your feet and muddying the streams.

Zechariah 10:5, (NIV), Together they will be like warriors in battle trampling their enemy into the mud of the streets. They will fight because the Lord is with them, and they will put the enemy horsemen to shame.

John 9:15, (NIV), Therefore the Pharisees also asked him how he had received his sight. “He put mud on my eyes,” the man replied, “and I washed, and now I see.”

Doing this search on other Bible translations produced many different results, however, they all seemed to echo a similar theme. I also keep being reminded of the Churches in the Book of Revelation.

Later, an internet search on "Source is light" showed mainly electrical products, however, nestled in the results was: GOD: Source of Light - Grace to You. Clicking on the link a paragraph shouted out:

"And this is the message we have heard from Him and announced to you, that God is light, and in Him there is no darkness at all."

As I was leaving I noticed: If you removed the ads from the search results then that page would be listed at number 7.

Not long after, I started comparing the different translated verses in chapter context.

Ezekiel 32:13

[KJV] I will destroy also all the beasts thereof from beside the great waters; neither shall the foot of man trouble them any more, nor the hoofs of beasts trouble them.

[NIV] I will destroy all her cattle from beside abundant waters no longer to be stirred by the foot of man or muddied by the hooves of cattle.

Soon after, I was recalling "ask and you will receive", and it came to me to compare the translations of James 1:5 At first the comparisons of these verses seemed similar until I got to James 1:6

[KJV] But let him ask in faith, nothing wavering. For he that wavereth is like a wave of the sea driven with the wind and tossed.

[NIV] But when you ask, you must believe and not doubt, because the one who doubts is like a wave of the sea, blown and tossed by the wind.

One verse clearly describes a path to God through Faith, while the other removes faith altogether. I can't help but get the feeling I'm being asked to tell a story.

I returned to the Source is Light page and listened to the sermon. Not long after, I heard some words that catapulted me back some 26 years ago. At that time, I was asking God for answers and I could picture the exact place I was. I knew that this was The Lords way of telling me it was Him listening all those years ago. I also listened to another sermon by the same Pastor, and I could hear that his path was difficult, but the Lord said there is a message here. I hope he finds.

The next week was spent experiencing a flood of new information about life and the ways of God. I have spent most of my life searching for God, but I had only really "known him" in the last 7 months. The only way I really found The Father was by following the path of Jesus The Christ. And I am ever so glad I did.

Trying to write this story was difficult, so I asked for guidance. The next day, "Get out of your way" was written on the paper. I came to understand that if I started to get in my own way, I could ask, "Father, Son and Holy Spirit, please help me to get out of my way so I can follow your way".

Not long after, the words "Escape Mud" came and it felt like the name and direction

The next day, I also received a vision;

I was standing in front of a bathroom looking in. It was pure white, sparkling clean and glistening. I walked in the doorway, closed the door and locked it behind me. Soon after I could see the door knob rattling. I could see someone was trying to get in, but the door was locked, because I had locked it. I then felt this overwhelming deep sadness come over me, couple with the fact, I had spent most of my life, being the one, trying to open that door.

Days passed and I was still struggling to get out of my way, so I prayed and asked The Lord for help. The next day I was listening to someone in the Holy Spirit and he had a message for me. The message was: "Let me hold the pen now, let me do in you and through you what you have been trying to do for me".

So I started again from scratch and I think it's done now.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What did you learn from all of these things you experienced overall now today after writing it?

Reactions: Wrangler

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Some nights ago, I was reading the Bible and needed some clarity, so I looked at another Bible translation. Unfortunately, the two verses didn't match up and I felt one was leading me astray. Then a thought came to mind, "Ask and you shall receive" ... "Source is light"

I love how different translations give different takes on God's Word! I love God's Word. At the same time, I know not to make an idol of any translation. The light is certainly the source. Amen.

Shalom. And welcome to the forum. :)

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Will share from reading this morning Mark 11:20-26 then, thank you for responding, Element.

element432

Sep 28, 2021
Canberra
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
What did you learn from all of these things you experienced overall now today after writing it?
MatthewG, I don't think I really understood your question or offered it an adequate answer, for this I apologise.
So I will try to rectify this.

My answer was in relation to which Bible. Again I would say this is not for me to say.
However,
I would encourage others to seek answers as it ultimately led me to having a clearer (less muddy) relationship with the Holy Spirit.
Everyday I get to spend with the Holy Spirit is another day I get to spend in shear Joy learning His wisdom.

By talking with the wonderful people of this site, The Holy Spirit has also shown me and helped me understand that:
"The more of the self we give up the more space the Holy Spirit has to move within us, the more we feel the Holy Spirit move within us, the less we feel alone."

And what Joy it is to feel the pitter patter of the Holy Spirit as He dances on the heart.....
Like a river!

:):p:D

Reactions: MatthewG and Truman