Eternal Life

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Eternal life is a kind of life that is found in Jesus Christ. That life is His life...and to get it we must let go of our own. That life is in holiness and in the presence of God. There there is love joy and peace at a depth that surpasses anything we can experience naturally. So we are to strive to enter into that life and rest from our own lives.

1 John 5:11

11 And this is the record, that God has given to us eternal life, and this life is in his Son.

We need to enter into Christ to experience the eternal life. And this is done by believing TO Christ...or...into Christ.

John 6:47

47 Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believes on (Greek eis meaning "to", or "into") me hath everlasting life.

How do we know we have believed to Jesus? Well we know because we are then translated into the kingdom of God in order to abide in Him and walk as He walked. God takes us up to walk with Him when we have pleased God or moved Him to compassion.

Stumpmaster

Apr 5, 2009
Hamilton, New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
Eternal life is a kind of life that is found in Jesus Christ. That life is His life...and to get it we must let go of our own. That life is in holiness and in the presence of God. There there is love joy and peace at a depth that surpasses anything we can experience naturally. So we are to strive to enter into that life and rest from our own lives.

1 John 5:11

11 And this is the record, that God has given to us eternal life, and this life is in his Son.

We need to enter into Christ to experience the eternal life. And this is done by believing TO Christ...or...into Christ.

John 6:47

47 Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believes on (Greek eis meaning "to", or "into") me hath everlasting life.

How do we know we have believed to Jesus? Well we know because we are then translated into the kingdom of God in order to abide in Him and walk as He walked. God takes us up to walk with Him when we have pleased God or moved Him to compassion.
Hi Episkopos.
So eternity! ‛ôlâm ‛ôlâm in Hebrew as used in Ecclesiastes where it has a sense of the vanishing point beyond human comprehension.
NKJV Ecc 3:9-15
(9) What profit has the worker from that in which he labors?
(10) I have seen the God-given task with which the sons of men are to be occupied.
(11) He has made everything beautiful in its time. Also He has put eternity in their hearts, except that no one can find out the work that God does from beginning to end.
(12) I know that nothing is better for them than to rejoice, and to do good in their lives,
(13) and also that every man should eat and drink and enjoy the good of all his labor—it is the gift of God.
(14) I know that whatever God does, It shall be forever. Nothing can be added to it, And nothing taken from it. God does it, that men should fear before Him.
(15) That which is has already been, And what is to be has already been; And God requires an account of what is past.

This is quite a résumé:
1 Kings 4:29-34 Solomon’s Wisdom

29 And God gave Solomon wisdom, exceedingly deep insight, and understanding beyond measure, like the sand on the seashore.
30 Solomon’s wisdom was greater than that of all the men of the East, greater than all the wisdom of Egypt.
He was wiser than all men—wiser than Ethan the Ezrahite, and wiser than Heman, Calcol, and Darda, the sons of Mahol. And his fame spread throughout the surrounding nations.
32 Solomon composed three thousand proverbs, and his songs numbered a thousand and five.
33 He spoke of trees, from the cedar in Lebanon to the hyssop growing in the wall, and he taught about animals, birds, reptiles, and fish.
34 So men of all nations came to listen to Solomon’s wisdom, sent by all the kings of the earth, who had heard of his wisdom.

It is wise to abide in Christ with assurance of eternal life. :rolleyes:

Reactions: Episkopos

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Hi Episkopos.
So eternity! ‛ôlâm ‛ôlâm in Hebrew as used in Ecclesiastes where it has a sense of the vanishing point beyond human comprehension.
NKJV Ecc 3:9-15
(9) What profit has the worker from that in which he labors?
(10) I have seen the God-given task with which the sons of men are to be occupied.
(11) He has made everything beautiful in its time. Also He has put eternity in their hearts, except that no one can find out the work that God does from beginning to end.
(12) I know that nothing is better for them than to rejoice, and to do good in their lives,
(13) and also that every man should eat and drink and enjoy the good of all his labor—it is the gift of God.
(14) I know that whatever God does, It shall be forever. Nothing can be added to it, And nothing taken from it. God does it, that men should fear before Him.
(15) That which is has already been, And what is to be has already been; And God requires an account of what is past.

This is quite a résumé:
1 Kings 4:29-34 Solomon’s Wisdom

29 And God gave Solomon wisdom, exceedingly deep insight, and understanding beyond measure, like the sand on the seashore.
30 Solomon’s wisdom was greater than that of all the men of the East, greater than all the wisdom of Egypt.
He was wiser than all men—wiser than Ethan the Ezrahite, and wiser than Heman, Calcol, and Darda, the sons of Mahol. And his fame spread throughout the surrounding nations.
32 Solomon composed three thousand proverbs, and his songs numbered a thousand and five.
33 He spoke of trees, from the cedar in Lebanon to the hyssop growing in the wall, and he taught about animals, birds, reptiles, and fish.
34 So men of all nations came to listen to Solomon’s wisdom, sent by all the kings of the earth, who had heard of his wisdom.

It is wise to abide in Christ with assurance of eternal life. :rolleyes:

To abide in Christ IS to experience eternal life. His life.

Reactions: Stumpmaster

Stumpmaster

Apr 5, 2009
Hamilton, New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
To abide in Christ IS to experience eternal life. His life.
Currently in a temporal zone with a mortal body awaiting a glorified body...

Rom 8:11 But if the Spirit of him that raised up Jesus from the dead dwell in you, he that raised up Christ from the dead shall also quicken your mortal bodies by his Spirit that dwells in you. :D